Papa G in action overseas

Well, right now I think Malcolm Brogdon stands out there.
I try to look at the next group of guys taken after him from 14th to 21st since the odds are that we would have picked someone in that vicinity. There's really no one in there that jumps out as someone we missed out on.

Right. There are 3-5 players you could say that we should have taken over him. But it's not like there are 10-15 guy that would have been a no brainer better pick. Doesn't make the pick good or right, just not as bad as it may seem.
Yeah this isn't like picking Jimmer over Klay/Kawhi or Robinson over Lillard/Barnes. Obviously their careers aren't defined yet but the guys picked around Papa don't jump out as woulda, coulda, shouldas like they did in previous drafts.

I'm not in love with the PapaG pick, but who would you have taken over him here (that we didn't take later)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NBA_draft
I don't want to turn this into a bash Papathread, but there's a lot of guys on that list who I wanted over him. Wade Baldwin IV, Henry Ellenson, Caris LeVert, Timothe Luwawu, Furkan Korkmaz, and Ante Zizic. Not all of these guys have materialized, but there's a good chunk of payers I would've taken over Papa. I didn't watch him at all because I never saw him as a legitimate lotto prospect, let alone 1st round.
I try to look at the next group of guys taken after him from 14th to 21st since the odds are that we would have picked someone in that vicinity. There's really no one in there that jumps out as someone we missed out on.

Yeah this isn't like picking Jimmer over Klay/Kawhi or Robinson over Lillard/Barnes. Obviously their careers aren't defined yet but the guys picked around Papa don't jump out as woulda, coulda, shouldas like they did in previous drafts.
In that range, Juan Hernangomez and Caris LeVert look like future NBA starters.

This won't sting as bad as those picks since Papa is a late lottery pick.

Last edited:
We lost 69 - 74. Too many TOs and very bad % from outside from both sides. PapaG made 2 fould early and then our coach forgot him as he blindly trusts Bourousis.
Go Serbia now :) !