Orlando Robinson changes name to Sacramento Robinson

dude12

Hall of Famer
What is the skinny on him? I see he was with the Heat which is a plus as they have done a great job identifying talent but on the other hand, they just released him.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I was guessing that the dude was going to come in on an unguaranteed and fight it out with Timme and whoever else for that third center spot but looking at his numbers in summer league this year I dunno if we’d have been able to get him on an unguaranteed.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
What is the skinny on him? I see he was with the Heat which is a plus as they have done a great job identifying talent but on the other hand, they just released him.
I feel like they didn’t release him so much as they needed to cut him to stay under the second apron. They also spent a FRP on Kel’el Ware so there were absolutely going to be no minutes for him behind Bam/Love/Ware

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Measured at 6'11" in shoes, 7'4" wingspan at the combine but did very poorly on the athletic portion (last in sprint and standing leap, next-to-last in max leap, poor in lane agility and shuttle run).

Are we sure this is a full deal and not potentially an exhibit 10?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Measured at 6'11" in shoes, 7'4" wingspan at the combine but did very poorly on the athletic portion (last in sprint and standing leap, next-to-last in max leap, poor in lane agility and shuttle run).

Weird because over on twitter people that are familiar with his game say he is highly athletic.

not super quick athletically has been his weakness but he can stretch the floor from the 5 spot.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Weird because over on twitter people that are familiar with his game say he is highly athletic.
I'm actually not familiar with his game - he never registered high enough on the mocks for me to chase down Fresno State games on TV and when he signed on with Miami and played ~400 minutes a season that didn't make my radar either. It's possible he dogged it or was hurt or just really out of shape for the combine, but he obviously didn't shine there athletically.

I suppose we will see...still waiting on confirmation if this is an exhibit 10 deal or a full deal.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I'm actually not familiar with his game - he never registered high enough on the mocks for me to chase down Fresno State games on TV and when he signed on with Miami and played ~400 minutes a season that didn't make my radar either. It's possible he dogged it or was hurt or just really out of shape for the combine, but he obviously didn't shine there athletically.

I suppose we will see...still waiting on confirmation if this is an exhibit 10 deal or a full deal.
At least I got the impression he did "athletic things" but maybe not, as some more Miami people piped in saying he didn't show enough improvement on that end. can he protect the rim and possibly play some minutes with Domas as a stretch big? I don't expect much out of the guy, it seems like he was down to 8mpg in his fully guaranteed year last season, so who knows if he regressed or Miami just got deeper.

I figured this might be Timme's spot to lose and wasn't going to be more than a total depth spot.

You didn’t ask me, but I’d like to see it. I think Cam would be a good fit.
I agree, and would rather have Cameron Johnson than Kevin Huerter. Neither is a stellar rebounder, but having watched Cameron during his career, beginning at UNC, he has better defensive chops than Huerter, who sometimes looks like the proverbial New York subway turnstile. Not that I do not appreciate Kevin's significant contributions the past two years.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Realistically what's the move, if it's a 1:1 swap or just another piece or two of salary great. I'd be quite content with our off season.