Only DeMarcus Cousins trade rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resource Limit Is Reached

This kingsfans.com message is to inform everyone that the front office has now reached the limit of its brain resources and negotiation resources, that the global Kings fanbase has reached the limit of its patience resources, and consequently the franchise will soon reach the limit of its financial resources.

vivek's fingerprints all over this trade. kings were getting panties wet over buddy hield's shooting during draft. REALLY high on him. well, it only costed us cuz.

someone posted if we win the lotto philly swaps... if NO wins in top 3 we don't get anything? no point in trying to get the pick from them next year. it'll def be a mid 1st rounder if not even lower.

I already had a feeling that this was a possiblility but did not think the Kings would have the guts to go thru with this. Its going to be 5-7 years minimum before we stumble on another talent like him.

Im also not buying that Cuz was innocent in all of this, something happend behind the scenes. He became adement about staying only after the 200+ million dollar number came out (yes i know he always liked it here, but he was not saying it like this). I think Vivek thought long and hard about and felt that 200Million was not worth it so he punted on Cuz.

Cuz cares way more about that extra 60-80 million than he ever did about Sac, lets not kid ourselves, he lost worse than any of us fans did tonight. Where was the Sactown Loyalty cover pic on facebook before the new CBA??

Trading Cuz is just the tip of the problems with all of this, If they were going to move him the time was at the draft or earlier when we had better offers. We got basically the same that we got for Marco!!

I have said all along MEDDLING VIVEK who is using clueless Vlade and Peja and whoever that do not have real FO knowledge as PR shields for fans with nostalgia is the one making these calls.

I think at this point though this was close too or the best we could do, Celtics and others could have easily topped this and still had tons of assets, but chose to keep their locker room stable and showed no interest, that speaks volumes for how cuz is seen by competent FOs.

but with our luck I fully expect to Cuz to get his act together and make Sacramento regret this trade for decades.

Time to go full on tank and I for one am ready for this long and painful ride, I know people are emotional tonight and want to dump their fandom but i have a feeling most will be back. for me its always been about the name on the front of the jersey not the back. I know its cliche now but we still have a team to root for and a new building.

I have no faith in Vlade or Vivek (did they really do this because of the celtics game lol) but its time to #trusttheprocess.

#kangz forever.

This is it. I've been a Kings fans since the Richmond and Webb days, but it ends here for me. I can't take it anymore.

I hope this franchise will win 15 games every year forever. For all of those who wanted DMC traded, enjoy your Galloway and Hield now.

F*** this team, this front office, Vivek, Vlade, everyone. The worst franchise in the history of all sports.

The Pelicans just got a new fan.

embarrassing. that's about all i can muster before bed tonight. the word "fleeced" is going to reign supreme in every story written about this trade. what a bad joke. i'll have more words later for kf.com, likely in the form of goodbyes. a lifelong fan can only take so much gross incompetence...

This is it. I've been a Kings fans since the Richmond and Webb days, but it ends here for me. I can't take it anymore.

I hope this franchise will win 15 games every year forever. For all of those who wanted DMC traded, enjoy your Galloway and Hield now.

F*** this team, this front office, Vivek, Vlade, everyone. The worst franchise in the history of all sports.

The Pelicans just got a new fan.
Bad news...

Galloway is going to be waived

I already had a feeling that this was a possiblility but did not think the Kings would have the guts to go thru with this. Its going to be 5-7 years minimum before we stumble on another talent like him.

Im also not buying that Cuz was innocent in all of this, something happend behind the scenes. He became adement about staying only after the 200+ million dollar number came out (yes i know he always liked it here, but he was not saying it like this). I think Vivek thought long and hard about and felt that 200Million was not worth it so he punted on Cuz.

Cuz cares way more about that extra 60-80 million than he ever did about Sac, lets not kid ourselves, he lost worse than any of us fans did tonight. Where was the Sactown Loyalty cover pic on facebook before the new CBA??

Trading Cuz is just the tip of the problems with all of this, If they were going to move him the time was at the draft or earlier when we had better offers. We got basically the same that we got for Marco!!

I have said all along MEDDLING VIVEK who is using clueless Vlade and Peja and whoever that do not have real FO knowledge as PR shields for fans with nostalgia is the one making these calls.

I think at this point though this was close too or the best we could do, Celtics and others could have easily topped this and still had tons of assets, but chose to keep their locker room stable and showed no interest, that speaks volumes for how cuz is seen by competent FOs.

but with our luck I fully expect to Cuz to get his act together and make Sacramento regret this trade for decades.

Time to go full on tank and I for one am ready for this long and painful ride, I know people are emotional tonight and want to dump their fandom but i have a feeling most will be back. for me its always been about the name on the front of the jersey not the back. I know its cliche now but we still have a team to root for and a new building.

I have no faith in Vlade or Vivek (did they really do this because of the celtics game lol) but its time to #trusttheprocess.

#kangz forever.
yup, just like when we won the nba summer league championship. they liked what they saw and canned malone when they got the opportunity.

i still can't believe what they got in exchange for demarcus. kevin freaking love reeled in wiggins . we reeled in buddy shooter hield sigh

origkds

What- Me Worry?
This year was another year that I really thought the Kings were going to make me look forward to watching every game. The good little homer soldier I am, I watched every game but, once again, the year turned into another big disappointment without any honest hope for the rest of the season or the future. I hate to see Cuz go but I'm still a Kings fan with or without him. Hope springs eternal and all I can hope is that management has a plan that we aren't privy to yet, to bring the Kings back to relevancy again. Go Kings.

There is a possibility that the market for DMC was really that low due to his behavior.
No. Multiple reports state that this wasn't the best offer. Vivek, the FO, ****ed up. Again. If you're gonna play the small market card, you need to be a smart small market. Don't rationalize the deal. Recognize that we got punked.

There is a possibility that the market for DMC was really that low due to his behavior.
Could they not have waited until the trade deadline to pull the trigger on this? This is a no brainer deal for NO. Why not at least make sure this is the best they can get. Unbelievable. Trading DMC is crushing to start, but I could rationalize with a great deal. This is not a great deal. How in the world do you not get an unprotected pick out of this?

I really feel for you guys. No franchise deserves this type of ownership, especially for a fanbase that has supported their team as much as you all have. I'm a Warriors fan who had to suffer through the Cohan years and I am also a Niner fan as some of you are and we all know how terrible the Yorks have been. Unlike a bad coach or player you cannot get rid of a bad owner, you have to just hope they have a Donald Sterling moment or get an offer so good ala Cohan that they decide to sell. It's one thing to trade Boogie but not for that poo poo platter deal. Vlade could not even get the pick unprotected.

K

KingMilz

Been saying for a while Vlade is clueless while I'm not sad to see Cousins go what we got for him was beyond pathetic we didn't get a lottery pick for the stacked upcoming draft class very sad.

Obviously terrible return from the Kings perspective and IMO not a great fit for New Orleans. The only winner here is Cuz as he gets a fresh start and then gets to choose his team. The only silver lining I can think of is if the kings end up with two lottery picks and Buddy turns into a solid starter. All I got

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'm still sick. I'm not gonna get over this any time soon. & I'll never root against Boogie.

But I know I'm going to be back. I'm going to grind my teeth. I'm going to listen to Napear gloat and be a ****** for the foreseeable future.

I'll stick around for that one moment when Boogie is in the playoffs and the Kings are a perennial 15 win team and Grant Napear says "I was wrong."

Status
Not open for further replies.