Only DeMarcus Cousins trade rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was it necessary to even consider trading DMC now? He doesn't hit free agency until after next season, so putting together an impromptu deal seems negligent.

I just shocked. I don't want to make any rash decisions, but this may be it for me.

AD and Cuz is a championship contender. Insane.

Grant single handedly ran Cuz out of town.
This part holds weight, somehow it feels like he has a hand in what goes on, whoever he doesnt like disappears. Get ready for the same rah rah cant wait for the future Cuz is a loser speech from him tommrow to all of his clueless followers.

Grant said every single teammate hated him and yet Toliver and Temple two of the classy guys on the team come out and show love?

People are saying the pelicans dont have much but in 7 years thats the best freakin roster Cuz has had. Why doesnt Grant bring that up? He even blamed Cuz for the firing of the coaches, why hasnt any of them besides malone who Cuz liked gotten another job? This organization is a dam joke.

Pelicans wont win yet but they will give Kerr nightmares with that 8 seed. Two-Two way bigs that average 28 n 11 a night wow.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
76ers sure loving Vlade right about now
They're going to be far and away the worst team in basketball next year... and the pick goes to Philly.

There's no light. There's no hope. This franchise is dead for the foreseeable future. This is a hole that won't be climbed out of until... who knows. :(

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
They're going to be far and away the worst team in basketball next year... and the pick goes to Philly.

There's no light. There's no hope. This franchise is dead for the foreseeable future. This is a hole that won't be climbed out of until... who knows. :(
Actually, we somehow get to keep the 2018 pick.

Vivek is such a stubborn fellow. My bet is that his biggest success as a Warriors part owner was advocating for Klay Thompson pick. And moment he got his own franchise, he kept doing same thing over and over again. He was looking for the next Klay Thompson. So first there was Ben, then Nik, and now he finally jizzed his pants with a chance to get Buddy Heild. And all throughout his madness, Demarcus was the insane guy with people pointing fingers at.

This is the end of the straw for me. I hope the Pels gets to the playoffs and smash the thosse tiny Warriors which would domino into the league going back to a big man game again while this little Ranadive stuck in his hamster wheel to finally draft his own Klay Thompson clone.

This could be my last post. So many great characters in this forum and I hope guys find your own peace after this. This is probably it for me. Adios and please don't sensor this. FARK YOU VIVEK!
Funny, I was sort of thinking along the same lines as you. Once I realized this wasn't a hoax and calmed down from the initial news (which took a while), I then tried to figure out what the @#$% these bozos were thinking -- the only thing I could come up with is Vivek is trying to emulate the Warriors 3-pt attack and Buddy Hield is his next attempt.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Actually, we somehow get to keep the 2018 pick.
Oh good to know. #1 here we come (more likely 4, as that's as low as we could go) . I'm sure we'll pick a player that has just as much impact on the game as someone like DMC. Hopefully he smiles, kisses babies, and is nice to Grant.

There's a few rumors that Reke is getting waived.

People are saying that Collison is probably getting traded soon because we basically have no use for him anymore. The Kings are purely tanking for a draft pick now. Collison will be a FA at the end of the season, so the Kings will probably try to get something back for him... or risk losing him to nothing. Trading Collison will help us tank even further.
I am sure this organization will find a way to get the same thing by trading him.

BTW, I'm so very glad I didn't buy into season tix.

Bad enough, I actually recently bought 2 games off a friend that does have season tix for games on 2/27 and 3/29. I won't be going and am pissed I actually contributed $$ to this sad excuse of a franchise. Don't know if I will even be able to sell them. I'm considering burning them out of spite.

Still can't believe all we got was a Mid First rounder out of this.

Buddy is a bust, Hes 24 and too small to get his shot off in the NBA and lacks handle and can't create. Maybe he grows into a marginal role player but I think Vivek watched the tourney last year where he was a gimmick player and fell in love.

Is Ken Cantanlla running the FO? he was with Peja and Vlade at all star this weekend......he was part of the detroit group that handed out some awful contracts (reggie jackson) and whiffed on stanley johnson.....man we are screwed.

Oh good to know. #1 here we come (more likely 4, as that's as low as we could go) . I'm sure we'll pick a player that has just as much impact on the game as someone like DMC. Hopefully he smiles, kisses babies, and is nice to Grant.
Careful. I think Vlade can still trade that 2018 pick for a pick swap. We know how much he loves those.

If this trade was about culture you cant trade good pro vets like Temple, Koufos, Tolliver. Young players need good vets to learb from.
#KANGZ bro. vlade was trying to do the right thing by bringing in professionals to help keep the locker room. now that vivek has sank the ship in a PG(steph) deep draft we will try to get monk or some other player that can shoot really well.

God Bless Buddy Hield.

But seriously, doesn't that just sound like the perfect name for an answer to a trivia question?

"Who was the greatest center in NBA history traded for?"

It does not appear that Tyreke Evans is in the long term plans, and could even be waived. The draft pick will be mid to late first round because FYI the Pels are making the playoffs now. So we just traded DeMarcus Cousins for Buddy Hield. Didn't see that one coming.

If this trade was about culture
As I said earlier, that's the hypocritical part of this. If they truly made this trade to "change culture", they didn't help themselves by lying to Cousins and his agent about their true intentions. Cuz's agent says they made a commitment to him and now went 180 further sullying their already paper thin reputation.

until we get our steph/klay clones we'll be perpetually sabotaging to get into the lottery to find them.
That path surely has worked wonders for this franchise the past 32 years. DeMarcus Cousins is without a doubt the best player they ever landed out of the lottery and they just gave him away.

Status
Not open for further replies.