Only DeMarcus Cousins trade rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
One more quote:

Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical was first to report the potential deal.
This would indicate to me that Ham is just piggy-backing off Woj's info, not that he has any info of his own.

K

KingsFan80

One more quote:

This would indicate to me that Ham is just piggy-backing off Woj's info, not that he has any info of his own.
I do not think so. It means Woj was the first to report it, then Ham confirmed the story with his own source. I am not agreeing with them on it, or saying they are right, just saying there have been 1000 DMC trade rumors in the past and Ham never can confirm them enough to write a story. Maybe I have missed a story or two but do not recall them

James Ham confirmed the talks and even went as far as to say its 50-50. He is connected to the organization and is always the first one to speak on their behalf so this isnt some BS.
I read Hams post. He said Kings are enamored with Buddy and Jrue Holiday. I get that but Jrue is an UFA this summer if I am not mistaken. So Kings are going to get rid of Boogie for Buddy, future draft picks, and an UFA ? I don't like that at all! Thats a joke!

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I just think there is something there. Carmichael Dave was told there was some smoke too. Those guys never say that about trade rumors. I would hope we could land more than Buddy Hield and a 1st rounder. I am a big fan of DMC, and DO NOT want him to be traded, especially with Vlade orchestrating the trade.
OMG. Smoke does not equal fire. And you're wrong. They say that about some trade rumors. But hey, if you think the sky is falling, I'm not gonna argue. We'll all know in a few days.

K

KingsFan80

I read Hams post. He said the Kings are enamored with Buddy and Jrue Holiday. I get that but Jrue is an UFA this summer if I am not mistaken. So the Kings are going to get rid of Boogie for Buddy, future picks, and an UFA ???? I don't like that at all! Thats a joke!
Agree...IF we did decide to trade DMC, we better land something like Ben Simmons and Okafer or Andrew Wiggins or Russell and Ingram. Not Buddy Hield and a 1st rounder

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I do not think so. It means Woj was the first to report it, then Ham confirmed the story with his own source. I am not agreeing with them on it, or saying they are right, just saying there have been 1000 DMC trade rumors in the past and Ham never can confirm them enough to write a story. Maybe I have missed a story or two but do not recall them
Okay.

K

KingsFan80

From Hooprumors.com

7:46 pm:
In an article published Sunday evening, Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical says that Vivek Ranadive‘s stance on trading DeMarcus Cousins has “softened”. Previously the owner wanted to retain Cousins as a franchise pillar and, as recently as January 26, wouldn’t even entertain the prospect of making a deal.

More recently, Wojnarowski writes, Ranadive has been influenced by off-court incidents that call to question the big man’s temperament.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...ussed-trading-demarcus-cousins-011726268.html

A-Davis is better player overall. But the issue is his health
Debatable. Davis is more efficient scorer (57.5% career TS) and comparable passer (0.9 assist to turnover) but Boogie makes more threes gets to the foul line more and sets up his teammates better. Davis blocks more shots. Its close. I'd choose Boogie over Davis because he has a wider offensive arsenal and will be more durable as their careers progress.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Jones is closer. He debunked it
He did. And Boogie said he wants to be here. And Vlade said he would be here. And...

we/you have Vivek Ranadive as an owner. And so everything, EVERYTHING is eternally at risk because you can't trust him to hold his water. You hope he does, but when nonsense like this starts bouncing around, you can never 100% discount it because he's as flighty and ignorant as the Maloofs. You just can't know for sure until it doesn't happen.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
From Hooprumors.com

In an article published Sunday evening, Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical says that Vivek Ranadive‘s stance on trading DeMarcus Cousins has “softened”. Previously the owner wanted to retain Cousins as a franchise pillar and, as recently as January 26, wouldn’t even entertain the prospect of making a deal.

More recently, Wojnarowski writes, Ranadive has been influenced by off-court incidents that call to question the big man’s temperament.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...ussed-trading-demarcus-cousins-011726268.html
If this article is true, our franchise sucks.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He did. And Boogie said he wants to be here. And Vlade said he would be here. And...

we/you have Vivek Ranadive as an owner. And so everything, EVERYTHING is eternally at risk because you can't trust him to hold his water. You hope he does, but when nonsense like this starts bouncing around, you can never 100% discount it because he's as flighty and ignorant as the Maloofs. You just can't know for sure until it doesn't happen.
Read the article linked to in the KingFan80 post above mine. If that doesn't make you vomit, nothing will.

LOL! No, he's a paid reporter working for CSN as their "Kings Insider." HUGE difference.
I think the guy is a complete idiot but he is a complete idiot with connections inside the organization and has always been the first to shoot down Boogie trade rumors, at least since being the "Kings insider".

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
From Hooprumors.com

It starts and stops with Vivek, if he meddles, Boogie is gone sooner than we think. Vivek changes his mind with the seasons and that's dangerous...the dysfunction doesn't stop as long has he is here, either that or he changes for the better.

I think the Kings are looking for a young franchise player+ 1st round pick. Something like this:
Nuggets: Nikola Jokic+ 2017 1st rounder
Suns: Devin Booker+ 2017 1st rounder

Unfortunately, both of those players are untouchables. If we decide to trade Cousins, I don't think it'll be the end of the world... as long as it's not a deal with NO. They have nothing to offer us...

I think the Kings are looking for a young franchise player+ 1st round pick. Something like this:
Nuggets: Nikola Jokic+ 2017 1st rounder
Suns: Devin Booker+ 2017 1st rounder
Terrible trades. Booker is putting up impressive numbers on a bad team. Jokic is a good player. Boogie salivates when he goes up against him. That outta tell you something.

gunks

Hall of Famer
From Hooprumors.com

It'll be pretty hard to stick it out with this franchise if Vivek ships Cuz out.

Depends on what we get back of course, but considering it's a "Rent-a-Cuz", I seriously doubt any GM is going to give us anything worth jettisoning a HOF level talent who is also too loyal for his own good.

I still think we'll probably be breathing our usual sighs of relief when the deadline comes and goes and Cuz is still here....I trust Cuz when he says he wants to be here. I trust Vlade when he says he wants to keep him. But Vivek? All I can trust him to do is make turrible decisions.... so hopefully he let's our GM decide what to do.

K

KingsFan80

Terrible trades. Booker is putting up impressive numbers on a bad team. Jokic is a good player. Boogie salivates when he goes up against him. That outta tell you something.
If we did trade DMC, we would need like Andrew Wiggins and Rubio in return. We need a star player back not a prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.