Only DeMarcus Cousins trade rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
On Jan 7 it was reported we were planning on offering Cousins the max

When Cousins made the statement on Jan 10 that he intends to sign the mega max here, it meant that the notion was tendered to him then

Then Vlade publically stated he won't be traded

Then Cousins agents told Woj Vlade/ownership confirmed to Cousins he won't be traded

There is an understanding in place 100%
Those statements are not "an agreement" ...and remember, I'm one of those who believes in Vlade.

In legal terms, NOTHING that has been said constitutes an official agreement. Tendering a notion, as you call it, isn't worth the paper it's written on. (And it's not written on anything, in case you don't get the reference.)

Plans, intentions, notions, statements, etc. are not parts of a valid contract. Again, ask the Clippers...

At the end of the day, I firmly believe Boogie is going to sign a lucrative extension BUT until the ink is on the paper he could be traded...NOT THAT I THINK HE WILL BE.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Come Thursday, Boogie will be playing against the Nuggets. Could care less what any national media guy is tweeting or what local guys are saying......a bunch of speculation going on here. People getting sucked in.
And who is in the Nuggets front office? And who has been proven to have leaked stuff before? What better way to have Boogie on edge than to circulate a rumor like this? Hrmmmm?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think Woj is just sharing what he knows including the ambiguity that exists in the Kings front office. Boogie is a great player. The team is also 9 games under .500 despite his best season and fact the next technical foul he receives will cost him another game. These are conflicting factors that would give any owner pause to sign off on a 220M contract.
But timing is everything. All eyes are on the All-Star game.Why did Woj choose this particular point in time to put out that little tease? I still maintain that there's a stench here somewhere.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
another week until the trade deadline. I expect a huge number of rumors by then, something to talk about I suppose.

One more thing, even if Vivek is open to trading him, you don't do so until you sign him long term because no team will give you the farm for him. The 2019 offseason will tell us everything we need to know moving forward with him IMO.

Last edited:
Those statements are not "an agreement" ...and remember, I'm one of those who believes in Vlade.

In legal terms, NOTHING that has been said constitutes an official agreement. Tendering a notion, as you call it, isn't worth the paper it's written on. (And it's not written on anything, in case you don't get the reference.)

Plans, intentions, notions, statements, etc. are not parts of a valid contract. Again, ask the Clippers...

At the end of the day, I firmly believe Boogie is going to sign a lucrative extension BUT until the ink is on the paper he could be traded...NOT THAT I THINK HE WILL BE.
Cousins and his agents believe a contract awaits him, and it would look bad on the Kings if he were traded

But yes, nothing's binding

In terms of franchise etiquette I think it is

But timing is everything. All eyes are on the All-Star game.Why did Woj choose this particular point in time to put out that little tease? I still maintain that there's a stench here somewhere.
Maybe because Pelicans made an offer? The best they could do w/o including Davis is Buddy, an unprotected 2017 and 2019 pick. I don't see that as enough. There's nothing else on their roster to pique interest of SAC to part with Boogie.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Maybe because Pelicans made an offer? The best they could do w/o including Davis is Buddy, an unprotected 2017 and 2019 pick. I don't see that as enough. There's nothing else on their roster to pique interest of SAC to part with Boogie.
maybe the Pelicans want to swap Davis for Cousins? o_O

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Would you trade Boogie for Brow? I know my answer but I'll wait for yours. ;)
No. Only reason is because I'm scared when Davis will go out with a injury again. Boogie for all his troubles, hasn't missed that many games with injury in his career up to this point. He is an iron man.

Look, I don't think there is a player or that there was a player than was untouchable. Hell Shaq got traded how many times?

Having said that, I highly doubt that a team will come up with the godfather offer for us to consider it. Boston is probably the only team that has some assets that might tempt us.

I am not surprised that this rumour is out there a couple of days after DMC told the world at an all-star press conference that he wants to stay in Sacramento. We have known it but the national media is slow to catch up on it. This is precisely what I would do if I was another team that was interested in Cousins. Leak out there that his team is shopping him despite his commitment to try and get him disgruntled and get him to force a trade out so that I can come in and make an offer that might be enough to get him on my team.

There will be a LOT of rumours put out there that have no substance to them other than to get the player disgruntled to try and force a trade. I fully expect DMC to play for theKings for many years to come.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Only one voice really matter on signing off on a $200 mil deal and that is vivek!

I think Vivek is squarely in the Sign DMC corner!

Well that is the only question, and the thing is, on NO topic is Woj less qualified to opine than Vivek Ranadive's opinions.

The problem with Woj is that of course is a well known whore -- that's why he's so often got the inside scoop shortly before things happen. He directly, and blatantly, sells his journalistic integrity for access. So, he will carry bad stories for agents or others, in return for them giving him inside scoops at a later date. So yes, Woj often has the best info in the business, because he is one of the very few who actually does have "sources", as in the principal parties themselves. But, in return for that inside info, he runs reprehensible political fluff stories at the behest of outside masters.

When you see a story like this, you have to decide, is this Woj with the inside scoop? And given that our front office and ownership hate him, and given that Cuz's agents issued a denial, you know THOSE aren't the sources.... Or is this Woj carrying some outside party's water again? Woj aligned himself against Vivek early on, so one of the minority whiners? We know he's been using PDA as a source. PDA? (I don't know what benefit he would get from still using him however). Ainge or some other GM looking to again shake the tree? Dunno.

In any case, Vivek being Vivek, you never can entirely trust unfortunately. Cuz could want to come back, Vlade could tell him he was coming back. And our mercurial owner could panic and destroy everything all over again. Or I should say YOUR mercurial owner, because if he did do something like this I am done with his franchise and would urge Joerger to bail out as soon as possible for his sanity and reputation too. Nonetheless, my guess here is Woj is working for somebody here. Just not sure who.

There is not one single player on the planet I would rather have than Demarcus Cousins.

That said, there is nothing wrong with Vlade having conversations.

James Ham confirmed the talks and even went as far as to say its 50-50. He is connected to the organization and is always the first one to speak on their behalf so this isnt some BS.

K

KingsFan80

I changed the name of the thread. I wanted to say "latest BS rumor" but refrained.

DMC isn't going anywhere. No way. We're gonna see these stupid rumors until the trade deadline. Vlade has promised PUBLICLY that DMC isn't going anywhere. DMC has made it abundantly clear he doesn't want to go anywhere. There is NO way trading him right now would make any sense at all ... unless the Kings want to see just how empty G1C can be on game night.
I wouldn't say that just yet. James Ham just said he was told it is a 50/50 chance of happening. He never says that about any trade deal involving DMC

I wouldn't say that just yet. James Ham just said he was told it is a 50/50 chance of happening. He never says that about any trade deal involving DMC
Yep, he is the unnoficial spokesperson of the organization. Either the Kings had a late change of heart or they are using this as one last push to see all the "grandfather offers" the league can provide.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yep, he is the unnoficial spokesperson of the organization. Either the Kings had a late change of heart or they are using this as one last push to see all the "grandfather offers" the league can provide.
LOL! No, he's a paid reporter working for CSN as their "Kings Insider." HUGE difference.

No. Only reason is because I'm scared when Davis will go out with a injury again. Boogie for all his troubles, hasn't missed that many games with injury in his career up to this point. He is an iron man.
I agree with you. I wouldn't trade Boogie straight up for Davis. Boogie is the more dominant player and less injury prone. The age gap is less significant than the talent gap. Great minds think alike ;)

Look, I don't think there is a player or that there was a player than was untouchable. Hell Shaq got traded how many times?

Having said that, I highly doubt that a team will come up with the godfather offer for us to consider it. Boston is probably the only team that has some assets that might tempt us.

I am not surprised that this rumour is out there a couple of days after DMC told the world at an all-star press conference that he wants to stay in Sacramento. We have known it but the national media is slow to catch up on it. This is precisely what I would do if I was another team that was interested in Cousins. Leak out there that his team is shopping him despite his commitment to try and get him disgruntled and get him to force a trade out so that I can come in and make an offer that might be enough to get him on my team.

There will be a LOT of rumours put out there that have no substance to them other than to get the player disgruntled to try and force a trade. I fully expect DMC to play for theKings for many years to come.
I think another FO might be behind it, but the thing is, before Vlade/FO verbally tendered this offer nobody was coming up with a godfather offer

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
From Ham's article on CSN:

No deal is imminent, but according to a person with knowledge of the situation, talks between the Kings and the Pelicans took place over the weekend and there is a 50/50 chance that something will materialize before Thursday’s NBA trade deadline.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/source-kings-pelicans-have-discussed-possible-cousins-trade

And...

The Kings went to great lengths a few weeks back to ensure Cousins that rumors of a potential trade were false, even meeting with the 26-year-old big and his agents in Sacramento to crush published reports.

Sacramento's GM Vlade Divac even went as far as to tell ESPN’s Marc Stein, “We’re not trading DeMarcus.”

K

KingsFan80

You might not say it but I will...repeatedly. And I put no stock in what James Ham says, for reasons known to a lot of old-timers around here that I will not go into again.
I just think there is something there. Carmichael Dave was told there was some smoke too. Those guys never say that about trade rumors. I would hope we could land more than Buddy Hield and a 1st rounder. I am a big fan of DMC, and DO NOT want him to be traded, especially with Vlade orchestrating the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.