Only DeMarcus Cousins trade rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zublocka

Pelicans also are asking the Pacers about PG13. Its clear they are trying to trade for a Star to pair with AD. So I'd very much believe they are having discussions.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 9m9 minutes ago
But just because Vlade listens doesn't mean he pulls the trigger. He'd be silly not to at least hear offers. But told he has full control.

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 5m5 minutes ago
Also understand that to get full value, the receiving team has to be positive that DMC would extend to his new team. Or else it's a rental

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 5m5 minutes ago
We will hear these things and fret and react, because we should. My guy says DMC will be a King next year, barring a Godfather offer

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 4m4 minutes ago
Ownership on down understand that any move involving Boogie would have a seismic effect on a fragile and worn out fanbase. Has to be right.

Aaron Bruski Verified account ‏@aaronbruski
I’m told that the Kings have been willing to listen for godfather offers, which is normal. Strong belief is he is staying and re-signing.

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 2m2 minutes ago
I think me, Aaron, Jason, and anyone else I've read are saying the same thing. Talks happen. Heard. Odds are nothing goes down.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 2m2 minutes ago
(2 of 2): Akana: "As far as we're concerned, nothing has changed."

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So flip the discussions. WCS/Skal/Malachi and future first for AD.
Not the right thread. Trade talks generally go in the Personnel Moves section anyway. This one was only allowed to remain here because of Boogie. If you want to talk about other hypothetical trades involving the Kings, please do so in that section. Thanks.

This is the Pelicans seeing their star at the all-star game and having that star wonder why his team has had no progress. It's sabre rattling to impress AD and not make him wonder about playing with these other all-stars elsewhere. Cousins is the one leaked because the press has established that you don't need to fact check Kings rumors. They are just the easiest target.

Pels have little offer anyone, but they want to be seen as trying for another superstar. Of course, that itself is dumb and they should be looking to get a much better secondary guy for their team but who said the Pels were doing anything smart?

Also, Woj understands he's being used and still has no qualms about it, which is why I have no respect for him.

Other teams "How about we give you all our scrubs and some draft picks for Demarcus Cousins? "
Vlade " Thank you for the kind offer, but no thank you."

Media: " Kings engaged in serious trade talks on Demarcus Cousins! "

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Why would the Kings leak garbage about Cousins when they should still be concerned if he would want to re sign here if this agreement were not already in place?
There is NO agreement in place. Verbal agreements mean nothing. Ask the Clippers.

My point has been and remains that Vlade made a public statement to assure the fan base Boogie wasn't going anywhere right now. Down the road at some point? Who knows? I truly believe Vlade would not have made that statement if he was not locked in, regardless of any verbal agreement he may or may not have with Dan Fegan (Boogie's main agent).

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 25s25 seconds ago
Sources: Kings owner Vivek Ranadive's waffling on long-term commitment to Cousins has opened door to trade talks. He's gone back and forth.

------------------------------------------
This is sounding more and more like PDA and some of the minority owner crap that was leaked when George Karl was still here...
It sounds like Woj believing the Bucher stuff to be true, and piggy backing off it fir the new scoop

gunks

Hall of Famer
Vivek waffling?! Unbelievable! ;):p

Ok, ok. ... in his defense, Vivek has always been against trading Cuz, and 200 mil is a ton of money...

.... but come on guy, pay the man!

There is NO agreement in place. Verbal agreements mean nothing. Ask the Clippers.

My point has been and remains that Vlade made a public statement to assure the fan base Boogie wasn't going anywhere right now. Down the road at some point? Who knows? I truly believe Vlade would not have made that statement if he was not locked in, regardless of any verbal agreement he may or may not have with Dan Fegan (Boogie's main agent).
On Jan 7 it was reported we were planning on offering Cousins the max

When Cousins made the statement on Jan 10 that he intends to sign the mega max here, it meant that the notion was tendered to him then

Then Vlade publically stated he won't be traded

Then Cousins agents told Woj Vlade/ownership confirmed to Cousins he won't be traded

There is an understanding in place 100%

I don't have anything to add on the Vivek front, except for pointing out that Vivek waffling on Cousins' committment and trading him for a package revolving around Buddy Hield DOES sound like something he'd do. Buddy Hield is the type of player that Vivek is enamored with, and he was the one Vivek was interested in drafting.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Come Thursday, Boogie will be playing against the Nuggets. Could care less what any national media guy is tweeting or what local guys are saying......a bunch of speculation going on here. People getting sucked in.

I liked Buddy before the draft. I like him now (despite terrible start). But the Pelicans don't have a trade package to land Boogie. What a joke!!! Hield and 2017 unprotected and 2019 unprotected is a bunch of garbage! Do the Pelicans want to offer Buddy and Anthony Davis for Boogie??? Then we can talk :cool:

It is bizarre. Its like he decided to start his own trade rumor AND be the guy to shoot down his own trade rumor.

Maybe he was just bored this afternoon? :p
I think Woj is just sharing what he knows including the ambiguity that exists in the Kings front office. Boogie is a great player. The team is also 9 games under .500 despite his best season and fact the next technical foul he receives will cost him another game. These are conflicting factors that would give any owner pause to sign off on a 220M contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.