Old Trade Thread (no longer need to post all trades here)

playmaker0017 said:
Outside of Artest they don't get too much.

The Suns were terrible without Nash. They'd be terrible without him or Diaw actually setting up teammates.

Bibby, Artest, Thomas, Martin are good for a crap record.

Nash would carry this team.

The only downside would be the loss of Artest. But, Diaw is an up and comer... and Bonzi knows how to play the 2.
mike bibby/leandro barbosa/eddie house
raja bell/kevin martin/eddie house
ron artest/jim jackson/james jones
shawn marion/james jones
amare stoudemire/nikoloz tskitishvili/pat burke

i dunno....could be some potential with that suns team. not a lot of height, no playmakers like nash, but a lotta strength and athleticism (not counting mike), with some depth at SG/SF/PF. very flexible roster, but obviously not a balanced lineup in the least, and thats the reason the suns wouldn't do that particular trade. but i wouldn't say they would be terrible.

playmaker0017 said:
If basketball were only so easy.
I meant talent wise we're giving Phoenix a great team, possible better than right now (which, IMO, doesn't have a shot at winning anything). Remember at the beginning of last year the Pacers being seen as a legit contender? This Phoenix team is built similarly, and in my view is a lot better. Get the right chemistry, coaching, bench mix, and that team is insane. Sac just sucks after taht trade.

P

playmaker0017

captain bill said:
I meant talent wise we're giving Phoenix a great team, possible better than right now (which, IMO, doesn't have a shot at winning anything). Remember at the beginning of last year the Pacers being seen as a legit contender? This Phoenix team is built similarly, and in my view is a lot better. Get the right chemistry, coaching, bench mix, and that team is insane. Sac just sucks after taht trade.
Yes, but what you're forgetting is that itty, bitty secret people around here don't like to focus on:

Mike Bibby is a LUKE WARM PG.

He's a phenominal SG, but a pretty sub-par PG.

The key to the engine that is Phoenix is Nash and his little companion Diaw. You take away Nash and that team crumbles back to where they once were.

Nash creates so many shots for his teammates - he elevates their games.

Sacramento would probably suck after that trade - but only because we wouldn't have much of a bench. Similar to trading for Garnett. It would cap us out and we'd be depleted in man-power. But I have no doubt that every player on the roster would be playing better as a result of Nash/Diaw. It's amazing what a playmaker can do for a squad.

Steve Nash is the most underrated player in NBA.....
J.Jones, House, Barbosa, Bell, K. Thomas, Diaw, Marion = D-League
(J.Jones, House, Barbosa, Bell, K. Thomas, Diaw, Marion) + Nash = WCF

playmaker0017 said:
Yes, but what you're forgetting is that itty, bitty secret people around here don't like to focus on:

Mike Bibby is a LUKE WARM PG.

He's a phenominal SG, but a pretty sub-par PG.

The key to the engine that is Phoenix is Nash and his little companion Diaw. You take away Nash and that team crumbles back to where they once were.

Nash creates so many shots for his teammates - he elevates their games.

Sacramento would probably suck after that trade - but only because we wouldn't have much of a bench. Similar to trading for Garnett. It would cap us out and we'd be depleted in man-power. But I have no doubt that every player on the roster would be playing better as a result of Nash/Diaw. It's amazing what a playmaker can do for a squad.
I don't care for the current Kings vs. Suns trade debate or whatever has hijacked this thread. But I have to call the bull**** card on this one. I really do. This whole "playmaker" PG thing has really gotten out of hand. Not every PG in the league averages 10 assists per game. Not every PG in this leage is above average defender. In fact, I would submit, most aren't. This whole Bibby should be traded for Delonte West madness needs to stop, IMO.

Sorry, I just had to rant.

starks said:
Steve Nash is the most underrated player in NBA.....
J.Jones, House, Barbosa, Bell, K. Thomas, Diaw, Marion = D-League
(J.Jones, House, Barbosa, Bell, K. Thomas, Diaw, Marion) + Nash = WCF
only b/c mavs and SA with get 1-4. they are easily the two best teams in the conference right now.

There is NO WAY Phoenix trades Nash away, why would they do that? He's the reigning MVP, they're a top seed, and they still have Amare sidelined- they have realistic championship hopes for the next couple years, and I would be shocked if they would mess with their core players without giving them a couple more runs.

A KG trade is even more conceivable because the T-Wolves are struggling, although I don't think that would necessarily be a good trade for us because of the salary he eats up.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This thread is for trade proposals. It was created to avoid having virtually every other thread hijacked with trade proposals.

So, wouldn't you think this thread - the OFFICIAL TRADE THREAD - would be limited to posting and discussing of - oh, I don't know - TRADES???

By derailing it onto other topics, you're really limiting the discussion by other members of the boad because, quite frankly, a lot of people aren't exactly turned on by trade proposals.

I would think a thread about pure PG vs. combo guards would have interest for a lot of members. They aren't going to see it, however, because it's in the trade thread.

I honestly couldn't care less but the irony of the situation nearly caused me to spit out my Dr. Pepper onto my keyboard...again.

;)

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
FROM VF21 the moderator:

I have actually taken the "hijack comments" FROM this thread and put them into their own. This is, I believe, the first time the trade thread has been hijacked to the point where this was necessary...

;)

BOOO on the new forums. It's utterly confusing to have to sort through several different places, particularly when all the trades were confined to one thread already. I don't see how this is helpful.

nbrans said:
BOOO on the new forums. It's utterly confusing to have to sort through several different places, particularly when all the trades were confined to one thread already. I don't see how this is helpful.

It will be in the future. Now everyone can create as many trade threads as they want. It's the trade forum basically.

DocHolliday said:

It will be in the future. Now everyone can create as many trade threads as they want. It's the trade forum basically.
I guess that makes sense. Hmph.

Cursed moderators and their blasted logic and common sense!!

Kings-Bulls Trade

What about this? Would Chicago bite?,considering they desperately need some post players, while Sac gets a legit rebounder and shotblocker in Chandler, however they probably wouldn't part with Deng. Kings missed out on Christmas anyway.

Attachments

KingKong said:
What about this? Would Chicago bite?,considering they desperately need some post players, while Sac gets a legit rebounder and shotblocker in Chandler, however they probably wouldn't part with Deng. Kings missed out on Christmas anyway.
No, no, and no. Chicago could probably get that much for Chandler alone. And seeing as Deng-for-Peja was being circulated for a while (gambling on Deng's upside)...I think that's all that needs to be said. Nice idea, though. Also, I don't see our use of Deng. Backing up Artest and taking away Kevin's minutes at SG? Really seems redundant. I like the idea of just going after Chandler though- at this point we should really focus on our frontcourt. Adding players to the backcourt might be nice from a fantasy perspective, but isn't going to help teh team win any games.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
NOTE: With the new Personnel Moves forum, you are no longer required to post all trade proposals, rumors, etc. in the trade thread. We do ask that you check to make sure your particular rumor hasn't already been posted and we remind everyone to post links back to the actual site of origin (which means the site it ORIGINATED on, not the site like realGM that picked it up and copied it).

ENJOY!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I've merged the THREE overlapping discussion into one Kings-Nuggest discuss Watson for Bonzi thread.

It may take a little while to get used to, but I have faith that all you trade talk fanatics will like it once it's established.

If there's a duplication for a while, just use the "refer a post" and I'll merge/move when necessary.

VF21 said:
NOTE: With the new Personnel Moves forum, you are no longer required to post all trade proposals, rumors, etc. in the trade thread. We do ask that you check to make sure your particular rumor hasn't already been posted and we remind everyone to post links back to the actual site of origin (which means the site it ORIGINATED on, not the site like realGM that picked it up and copied it).

ENJOY!!!
Very nice! :)