OFFICIAL - and only - COMCAST Discussion thread

Actually, I DO feel bad for QD. I have time remaining on my Sat contract, as well. Still cheaper to get both for the months it over-laps then to pay for League Pass. I just don't think ComCast should be slammed as some sort of heinous monster for being the network that was willing to work with the Maloofs to get this channel up. If it wasn't for them, the ones who ARE able to see the Kings games (on a non premium channel even) would be in the same boat they were last year....fork over big bucks for league pass or miss almost the entire Kings season.
The Sacramento market and the Kings are apparently but a blip on the Sat providers radar screen.

I don't quite buy the argument that Comcast isn't selling the channel to the Sat companies because they want more business. I have Dish and I just added Comcast for $1 for the first month. I'm not sure what type of deal they had prior to this one, but if they wanted to get Sat customers to switch I think they would charge more than $1 for the first month. If Dish gets the channel within this next month I'm quiting Comcast and they will have only made $1 off me and I'm sure I'm not the only one doing what I have done. The fact that DC Sports Net was sold to the Sat companies proves that selling it is in their best interest rather than trying to get Sat customers to switch.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
...sigh...

I just remembered something. I hate all those money-grubbing, broadcast selling companies. They are all heartless fiends who just want to make money off us for something we used to get for free...

:D

On the Rise Guys show in the 8am hour. Tom Shehee(sp?) from Comcast is supposed to be on to talk about how talks are progressing.........

Reina you listening?;)

Edited to show correct time.... Should be at the top of the hour and guys name.

Last edited:
Someone posted this on my board (dlpty)

Regarding the Comcast Guy's comments with the Rise Guys, he did say some deals would be announced today, but the deals were with smaller cable systems, (He would not name them), and the deals were not with Dish or Direct TV. He said negotiations are on-going, and it is a game of chicken right now, and that all Satellite and cable systems have been offered the same deal. I hope this info helps.

I ran a google search and came up with this from the City of Lincoln website:

"Starstream Reaches Agreement to Carry Kings Games

Starstream Communications has announced that it is entering into an agreement with Comcast SportsNet West, a new regional sports network, that will allow Starstream's cable customers to watch most of the Sacramento Kings basketball games on Starstream's Channel 37.

Starstream will launch the network with the King's season opener against the Dallas Mavericks on November 2. "

I have seen this nowhere else but I'm a happy camper because I have starstream.

The Comcast representative this morning on the Rise Guys said that the FCC does not allow them to offer their Kings package to some outlets for a lesser or greater price than the other. In fact this guy represents Comcast Sports Net West and he said CSNW has to offer a contract to Comcast Cable themselves because they are two separate entities under the Comcast umbrella. So the same contract Comcast has in their hands from CSNW, Direct TV and the other cable and satellite outlets have on their desk.

I feel very confidant that something is going to get done. But if I am not mistaken, NBA LP is on for free until 11/9. So DTV subscribers should be able to see Kings games until then.

I must be way out of line with alot of you guys( and girls) here on the board. By the sounds of it, I may be the only one who does enjoy listening to Grant and Jerry. They are radio announcers first. What I mean is that then actually announce a game. I have friends who are new to basketball and need to know who it is that has the ball instead of what the announcer thinks about something totally unrelateed to the game. Case in point any TNT announcer..
KD

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
KingDog said:
I must be way out of line with alot of you guys( and girls) here on the board. By the sounds of it, I may be the only one who does enjoy listening to Grant and Jerry. They are radio announcers first. What I mean is that then actually announce a game. I have friends who are new to basketball and need to know who it is that has the ball instead of what the announcer thinks about something totally unrelateed to the game. Case in point any TNT announcer..
KD
Um, what?

I must have missed something somewhere. We've been using this thread to talk about the ongoing negotiations or apparent lack thereof in getting the new Comcast Sports channel available through alternative providers (such as DishNet and DirecTV).

People in Sacramento have the opportunity to watch all the Kings games on TV, if they sign with Comcast Cable. People far enough outside of Sacramento can watch ALMOST all the games via DishNetwork or DirecTV if they purchase the NBALP package. The unfortunate ones are those fans who live within the blackout area, cannot therefore get League Pass, but are not in areas served by Comcast...

Grant and Jerry? They'll be doing the local broadcasts because they work for Maloof Sports...

Not to steal the thread for all you Sacramento people, but my local Comcast just released dual tuner DVRs. I had the single tuner one, but this will come in even more handy. Now I can record something while I'm watching a game.

I'm scheduled for installtion tomorrow, just in time for the New Year :) I'll keep my eye on Sacramento comcast news and let you guys know if they release them. I know they skipped on single tuner DVRs, because they wanted to wait for dual tner ones.

Attention: Here are the channels that the kings channel will be on (on Comcast)

Sacramento, Roseville, Davis

Channel: 34
Currently on 34 is Outdoor Life, which has moved to channel 65.

Placerville

Currently on 34 is Outdoor Life, which has moved to channel 33.

Chico, Oroville, Paradise, Magalia, Butte County, Durham

Currently on 34 is The Weather Channel, which will be moved to channel 39.

Yuba City

Currently on channel 34 is Outdoor life, which will be moved to channel 31, and ESPN Classic which is on channel 31, will be moved to 407 (digital cable required)

Stockton, Lodi, Modesto, San Andreas, Tracy

Currently on channel 34 is ESPN Classic, which will be moved to channel 407 (digital cable required)

So, there you go, i got that from a notice that i recieved in the mail. I didnt put this in the Comcast thread because i felt it was important enough to have its own.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
ChenZy said:
watching every kings game or watching classics, pick one, i rather have all the kings game =D
Well, I have both, but only because I paid $169 for League Pass. At least mine will not be blacked out on my DishNetwork. The nice thing is, not only will I get almost every Kings game, I'll get about 40 NBA games every week. Can you say basketball overload? Naw! I love it!!!

I just happened to come across channel 34 on Sac Comcast and I saw the CSN people testing the equipment. It was neat seeing the studio not finished. It was messy. They were testing the mics. They revealed that the CSN studios is in Rancho Cordova. Im guessing Mather field. It hits the air at 2:30pm!! Take a look at the channel. Just seeing it gets me pumped I have to say!!

: does the jig :

U guys, for the people that live near Citrus heights, how come on Ch. 34 it does that blank screen with the "sssssssshhhhhhhh" sound? Anybody know what I am talking about?