No mo Z-Bo (with poll)

What do you want Z-Bo's role to be?

• Total voters

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Surprisingly, I have enjoyed Z-Bo’s “old man” game quite a bit this year. I also think it served a legitimate purpose in helping to bring the younger players along, giving them a go to guy that they know can score the ball.

However, I think it is time for him to take a back seat with reduced minutes and a well-deserved rest.

Whether that means coming off the bench or starting to provide some stability but only playing limited minutes is to be determined. His minutes have already been declining, and I also think his “old man” legs are starting to tire reducing his offensive effectiveness.

But, he should not be kicked to the curb, he is a well thought of veteran, who has performed as he was asked and appears to have embraced the role of mentor. I could see his minutes still being in the 15 - 20 minute range, with Skal's tendency for fouls, at times even more.

The Kings need to treat their FA signings with respect and Z-Bo has earned that. Part of the “culture change” is supposed to include making Sacramento more FA friendly so that quality FA will want to sign here. Treating the current signees poorly will not help the perception that Sacramento is not a good place for FA.

Z-Bo could be given the role off the bench as that guy you bring in when you are going through a scoring drought and the team just needs to see a few baskets go in to boost their confidence. This could be an important role for the Kings (or even a playoff contender if they were so inclined to trade for Z-Bo).
Nice assessment. :)