Niners!

Yes, because they have fewest wins (only 1). But they play SF in the last game of the season, so if Houston wins that game, then potentially both the Texans and the Niners will have only 2 wins, and I think (but am not sure) that the tiebreaker is head to head, meaning the Niners would be worse than Houston.

O

ONEZERO

alex smiths hand is too small for the nfl or so i hear... did u see that pass that was intercepted today?? he cant launch the ball.. it seems like he doesnt get a good grip on the ball especially if hes running left like did on the interception... we'll see how things turn out

SLAB

Hall of Famer
You know what I just realized?

If we get Reggie Bush in the draft, out running game will feature...

Bush and Gore!

Haha!

Bush and Gore, 2006!!!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The 49er's win?!!!

I am in love with Frank Gore...The guy is awesome...I love how he can get through all the tackles the way he does.

Gore/Hicks will be a nice punch for years to come...If they can potentially do what they did today with a weak offensive line, imagine once they all mature, and we draft some potentially awesome linemen.

I'm getting ahead of myself, but I really do like the potential of Gore/Hicks.

So...Does anyone else think Kev Barlow saw his SF career pass before his eyes today? He's through with the red and gold.

BibityBobtyBoom said:
vince young will go to the raiders. watch. prolly not but that would be sweet 2 heisman competitors in the bay area.
Vince Young said he is going back to Texas for his Senior year.

WHY DID THE 49ers WIN? Good bye Bush... Houston lost... idiots...

We won a game!:eek: Wow. Bush hasn't even said if he's going pro or not yet so I'm not holding my breath on getting him. I hate that Dallas beat Carolina:( Panthers starting to crumble a little, I hope they get it together before the playoffs.

F

Fillmoe

Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
Vince Young said he is going back to Texas for his Senior year.

WHY DID THE 49ers WIN? Good bye Bush... Houston lost... idiots...

theres a good chance houston doesnt draft bush.... they signed dominic davis to a 21 million dollar contract at the beginning of the season.... he already has 976 yards and will most likely cross the 1000 yard mark next sunday....... i hope they draft leinart or trade down to a team that needs a qb... im actually kinda glad that we didnt get the #1 pick because it would really hurt us salary wise.....

Fillmoe said:
theres a good chance houston doesnt draft bush.... they signed dominic davis to a 21 million dollar contract at the beginning of the season.... he already has 976 yards and will most likely cross the 1000 yard mark next sunday....... i hope they draft leinart or trade down to a team that needs a qb... im actually kinda glad that we didnt get the #1 pick because it would really hurt us salary wise.....
True... you stated the real problem. If they decide to trade their #1 pick they better trade it to someone out of the AFC West (unless its the raiders) and a team who doesnt need a RB. I am a Raiders fan but I live in the Bay Area and would love watching Reggie play every sunday.

O

ONEZERO

How did we lose the first pick by winning today??? If we lose to the texans, then we get the first pick... Whether we use it on reggie bush is another story....

F

Fillmoe

ONEZERO said:
How did we lose the first pick by winning today??? If we lose to the texans, then we get the first pick... Whether we use it on reggie bush is another story....
WRONG!

if we lose to the texans it doesnt mean we get the first pick....... it goes by strength of schedule.....

ONEZERO said:
Oh my bad... Who's got the tougher schedule then?
Here is the records of all the opponents of every team that has a shot at the first pick:

Green Bay 3-12
Opponent's record: 130-110 // 54.1%

San Francisco 3-12
Opponent's Record: 131-109 // 54.6%

New York Jets 3-12
Opponent's Record: 126-107 // 54.1%

New Orleans 3-12
Opponent's Record: 123-115 // 51.7%

Houston 2-13
Opponent's Record: 123-115 // 53.3%

So right now, Houston has the inside edge. They lose, they get the first draft pick.

But if San Fransisco wins, look for New Orleans to have a really good chance.

If we want SF to have the first pick of the draft, you'll want to hope that all the teams they have played to lose. (Green Bay over Indy would kill two birds with one stone as would New Orleans over Tampa)

F

Fillmoe

JonBoy418 said:
Here is the records of all the opponents of every team that has a shot at the first pick:

Green Bay 3-12
Opponent's record: 130-110 // 54.1%

San Francisco 3-12
Opponent's Record: 131-109 // 54.6%

New York Jets 3-12
Opponent's Record: 126-107 // 54.1%

New Orleans 3-12
Opponent's Record: 123-115 // 51.7%

Houston 2-13
Opponent's Record: 123-115 // 53.3%

So right now, Houston has the inside edge. They lose, they get the first draft pick.

But if San Fransisco wins, look for New Orleans to have a really good chance.

If we want SF to have the first pick of the draft, you'll want to hope that all the teams they have played to lose. (Green Bay over Indy would kill two birds with one stone as would New Orleans over Tampa)
you mean if houston wins ;)

L

LakerN49erChick05

very confusing... if the 49ers dont get Reggie Bush... what should they go for? trade the pick and get some offensive linemen or what?

LakerN49erChick05 said:
very confusing... if the 49ers dont get Reggie Bush... what should they go for? trade the pick and get some offensive linemen or what?
definetly or trade for a big playmaker but definetly for some lineman cause alex smith needs help

F

Fillmoe

BJax24 said:
definetly or trade for a big playmaker but definetly for some lineman cause alex smith needs help
we should trade barlow for a decent wr.... make gore/hicks the 1-2 combination... draft dbrickshaw ferguson... or trade down to a top 10 pick team looking for a qb..... and pick up lb aj hawk.....

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Fillmoe said:
we should trade barlow for a decent wr.... make gore/hicks the 1-2 combination... draft dbrickshaw ferguson... or trade down to a top 10 pick team looking for a qb..... and pick up lb aj hawk.....
Definatly.

Barlow's SF career has to be over...Hicks/Gore showed what they can do, and Gore can only get better...I definatly wouldn't mind a Gore being our starting RB.

As for the draft, I'm completly uneducated to college football, and I'm not even gonna comment.

Fillmoe said:
i am along the same lines actually, pretty funny. even naming the same players as my defensive picks.

'9ers line, if healthy should be fine. kwame is out of here and snyder should be starting next year. jonnas jennings was considered a top 5 tackle, if he is healthy the line should actually be ok. they need to get younger & better on the defensive front. BY is a stud, but can't be around that much longer. LB's are good but they have some FA and won't be able to keep them all.

Get a good corner and a potential pro bowl LB in Hawk, hope Singletary stays one more year for some coaching and let's get it going!

Mark Clayton on ESPN reported that Houston has said if they get the #1 pick they will pick Reggie Bush. The fans in Houston are also asking for Reggie which could bring a dominant Davis-Bush backfield.

Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
Mark Clayton on ESPN reported that Houston has said if they get the #1 pick they will pick Reggie Bush. The fans in Houston are also asking for Reggie which could bring a dominant Davis-Bush backfield.
Only 20 more positions left to fill. Not counting special teams and backups, that is. But I guess they're on their way.

At this point, I don't think it's possible for SF to get the pick, so I'm just gonna root for them all the way, and hope we pull of a respectable 4-12. (2 seasons of mediocrity and this is how low my standards have fallen) Here's to Alex's first ever TD.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
captain bill said:
Only 20 more positions left to fill. Not counting special teams and backups, that is. But I guess they're on their way.

At this point, I don't think it's possible for SF to get the pick, so I'm just gonna root for them all the way, and hope we pull of a respectable 4-12. (2 seasons of mediocrity and this is how low my standards have fallen) Here's to Alex's first ever TD.
That made me chuckle!

Definatly looks a helluva lot better than 3-13, though!

Here's to 4-12, Alex Smith's first TD, confidense, and a breakout year next year!

(One can dream)

L

LakerN49erChick05

with all this talk about reggie bush... has he even decided if hes goin to enter the draft or not?

F

Fillmoe

LakerN49erChick05 said:
with all this talk about reggie bush... has he even decided if hes goin to enter the draft or not?
nope.. LOL! he should though... right now his stock is real high... remember last year leinart didnt want to enter the draft and now hes not gonna get that #1 pick money....

O

ONEZERO

Regarding that strength of schedule nonsense, does a team(in order to get the first pick) want all the teams they've played to have a combined BAD record or combined GOOD record?