Niners!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, I suppose I should be upset but I'm not going to be.

All in all, a good game - right up until the point where we lost.

;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Whoa. That sure would have been sweet. Shame the officials had to take away the perfect ending.

Holding call? Yeah. Sorry, but there's holding on every single play that's run. I didn't see anything to merit throwing the flag.

Boo, officials!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, we were ahead after a field goal with around a minute left. Unfortunately, the Chargers scored, making it 28-24. Then, on the kickoff, Marshall took it all the way for a 49er TD - which was called back because some blind bat official decided to make a holding call.

;)

F

Fillmoe

im still satisfied at how well we played...... even with the 2 stupid calls at the end....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You and me both, Fillmoe. In fact, the four pre-season games have been pretty good. I like seeing enthusiasm from our Niners for a change.

Did you notice Nolan before the game? He was dressed in a suit and tie. He had asked the NFL to allow him to wear the suit DURING games, as his father had done before him as a coach, but was turned down because of the stupid endorsement deal for the team shirts. I thought it pretty classy that he showed up in the suit, honored the NFL requirement during the game, and I'll bet he put the suit and tie back on right after the game.

;)

O

ONEZERO

We lost like that??? Noooooooo. What the hell. Damn officials. I'll kill em when I see em. Ahhhhhhhhh.

It's bad enough getting bad calls during the game but when they decide the winner, it's &$&*(@&#$(!! Ugh.
Of course that wasn't mentioned on Sportscenter but they did show nice Alex pass, he looked good.

Good, finally some 49ers fans I can share some grief with. The game was rigged from the opening bad call on the INT, to the last play on the Kickoff. It just really upsets me that in sports that sometimes the game isn't decided by the players, but by the zebras. I was really pleased with how Rashaun Woods played tonight, and glad to see he is finally healthy to show what he can do. Arnez Battle played really well, Jeremy Newberry really solidified the line 2night, and Frank Gore man I have been hyping him up since we drafted him, and he looked good in limited PT 2night. Alex Smith had his best preaseason action so far, and he look promising especially on that rollout 23 yrder to Amey, who might I add also looks good.

All my friends says the 49ers are gonna suck this year, blah blah blah, but I have been telling them that coaching makes a huge difference. Mike Nolan brings accountability, and some of the most respected Assistants in the game to tutor our young players. They also said we would be lucky to win 4-5 games at most, I told them we would win atleast 8, and the preaseason is the step in the right direction. Lets go NINERS, and bring on the Enthusiasum.

Long time Niner fan here....(think Brodie, Kilmer) Missed the game because of the kids' soccer practice, dinner, homework, etc but I too am very optomistic about the Niners resurrection. I doubt they'll make the playoffs this year, but I'm convinvced they are headed the right direction.

I was never impressed with the previous GM and Head Coach, but I'm impressed with how Nolan has gone about about his work and with the staff he's assembled. It'll be fun to watch Smith's progress as the team improves and he grows into an elite quarterback. My only beef with him is the number eleven. I can't think of a single player I ever liked with that number, (Spurrier, Waters, Simms)so he's got to win me over with that one. (Yes, I know this is silly.)

Barring injuries, I think this years club will surprise some teams and I expect the defense will be in the top five. That will win us a few games in itself. Either way, I'll make it to the Stick 3 or 4 times this year and cheer for the NINERS!!!!

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
Since sanityannex is working and will be watching the game at 11 p.m. let's try not to spoil it for him.

I can wait a couple more hours to discuss it...
Damn, Damn, Damn!!!

I checked this damn thread after the fieldgoal was made by the Niners with a minute something left. First thing I caught was VF21's almost fun until they lost. I had to sprint back to the t.v., mind you it is 2:05 in the morning. I ruined it for myself. As I'm speaking, I believe the "holding" call on the return is being called, but I'm not watching that. It's fun to see the third stringers battle out a close one, really shows who has heart. Perkins was a pleasant surprise, not that you Niner fans care.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
thesanityannex said:
Damn, Damn, Damn!!!

I checked this damn thread after the fieldgoal was made by the Niners with a minute something left. First thing I caught was VF21's almost fun until they lost. I had to sprint back to the t.v., mind you it is 2:05 in the morning. I ruined it for myself. As I'm speaking, I believe the "holding" call on the return is being called, but I'm not watching that. It's fun to see the third stringers battle out a close one, really shows who has heart. Perkins was a pleasant surprise, not that you Niner fans care.
I think BOTH teams showed heart, and I hope that's what you meant.

It was a good game. I'm kinda of impressed with your guy Lemon; looks like he's got what it takes...

The thing for me, just like basketball, is I love the game of football. To see someone like Lemon get his chance to shine AND for him to make the winning touchdown like that was pretty exciting, regardless of what uniform he was wearing.

As it was just pre-season, I'm not upset. I'm just glad to have some things to look forward to from my beloved Niners.

:D

F

Fillmoe

Kings2805 said:
Good, finally some 49ers fans I can share some grief with. The game was rigged from the opening bad call on the INT, to the last play on the Kickoff. It just really upsets me that in sports that sometimes the game isn't decided by the players, but by the zebras. I was really pleased with how Rashaun Woods played tonight, and glad to see he is finally healthy to show what he can do. Arnez Battle played really well, Jeremy Newberry really solidified the line 2night, and Frank Gore man I have been hyping him up since we drafted him, and he looked good in limited PT 2night. Alex Smith had his best preaseason action so far, and he look promising especially on that rollout 23 yrder to Amey, who might I add also looks good.

All my friends says the 49ers are gonna suck this year, blah blah blah, but I have been telling them that coaching makes a huge difference. Mike Nolan brings accountability, and some of the most respected Assistants in the game to tutor our young players. They also said we would be lucky to win 4-5 games at most, I told them we would win atleast 8, and the preaseason is the step in the right direction. Lets go NINERS, and bring on the Enthusiasum.
rigged? cmon playa... why would the nfl want to rig a preseason game?

Not to ruin all your go niner happy parade but I will be at the game on the 25th to watch the Niners get wupped.

All in all an un-fan opinion of the niners. I think they will win about 5-6 games. Nolan IMO was the best move as I think he is a good and potential to be a great coach.

T

thesanityannex

Kings2805 said:

rigged??? LOL. Sorry, but as a long time Chargers fan, I know games are not "rigged" in their favor. Yes, the interception was a bad call, but that did not decide the game. Sorry.

And to VF21, Lemon is going to be a hot commodity next season. He has shown he can ball. I'm hoping Perkins will get to stay on the Charger's roster, he earned it.

I'm an avid 9er fan but I'm away at school without any way to watch the game. What do those of you who saw the game think of the reciever situation. I'm fairly familiar with Loyd, Battle and Morton, but I haven't seen much if anything of the other guys. According to reports it seems like they (Amey and Woods) did well for themselves tonight, but what was the general impression of the two and how they compared?

Yea I know it didnt DECIDE the game, but it led to them scoring instead of the 9ers having a 2nd and 10 from our 45...The call that decided the game was that very very suspicious holding call, didn't want us winning on a last second kickoff return, so they had to do something to help the home team out.

As for which receivers looked good? Honestly Arnez Battle looks great had a 25 yard catch and 3 catches total in 2 series of work(1st one bad call on INT). Loyd as you would know is already a highlight reel waiting to happen, but a no show last night. The best part of last night even though we lost, was watching the bubble guys fight for a roster spot. Amey is looking really good, especially on that 23yrd TD pass from Smith. Woods finally showed why he was a 1st round pick last year, he had 8 catches for 88 yards, but he also had a huge 41 yarder that setup our last FG. Besides that he had atleast 3 or 4 catches with run N catch that got us 1st downs, and continually got open. I am excited with what I saw, but the best sign was our O-Line, bc Newberry was in for the 1st time in over a year, and he really solidified the line for our backs and Rattay.

Fillmoe said:
rigged? cmon playa... why would the nfl want to rig a preseason game?
Hahaha, very very good point, but you know when your upset you say stuff you typically wouldn't, well that was that comment right there. Ok maybe it wasn't rigged, but damn there was 2 horrible calls that let the Chargers win, and I just thought it was bs that the Refs not the Players decided the game. The 2 calls: the non interception that led to them taking a 7-0 lead, and the holding call with 15 seconds left that took away our kickback return. Both were blown calls that affected the outcome and momentum of the game.

PS: Thesanityannex I really like #43 Sproles that guy can flat out Ball, and Trusty the hella tall TE. They really stood out, sorry for saying rigged, but we should of won that game, but that is my Opinion.

PEACE!

For anybody that cares today 9/2 the 9ers signed DE Travis Hall who was formerly of the Falcons. I am so excited even though he is a 10 year vet, that guy has a non stop motor, and should really help our D-Line tremendously. Just thought I would share that with all my fellow 9er fans.

O

ONEZERO

Kings2805 said:
For anybody that cares today 9/2 the 9ers signed DE Travis Hall who was formerly of the Falcons. I am so excited even though he is a 10 year vet, that guy has a non stop motor, and should really help our D-Line tremendously. Just thought I would share that with all my fellow 9er fans.
i was hoping to get corey simon, but the colts took him. oh well, i guess hall will be a good pickup as well.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
ONEZERO said:
The "hated" rams @ the 49ers tmrw @ 3:15 eastern time. Who's ready? I am. Lets go niners.
I hear ya, ONEZERO. I still hate them even though they've been gone from LA for an eternity. I will NEVER stop detesting the Rams!

;)

YEah, ihate every person on the rams: bulger, martz, holt, jackson, faulk, bruce, archuleta, i hate everyone, and i can't wait until the seahawks stick it to them. lol, the seahawks will probably get whooped.

O

ONEZERO

Who are the seahawks and cardinals playing? I need both of them to lose along with the niners destroying the rams and then we could be in 1st place after the 1st week being the only team undefeated and the others winless in the division. Muhahahhahaha.