NHL Discussion (2017 - 2018 season)

Any other hockey fans (besides me) on here?

Lifelong Sharks fan, currently living in Vegas. As a result, I've "adopted" the Golden Knights as my 2nd team. Went to the game tonight (against the Sharks).........Wow!!!! What a team!!!! I definitely didn't see this kind of a start coming (and neither did a lot of people out there, I assume).

I will always bleed the teal first and foremost. But, when the Sharks aren't the "other team", I will proudly sport Knights colors.

On a side note....my brother is actually one of the ER physicians for the Knights, so he gets to go to some of the home games (1/4 of the games, to be exact.....4 of em are splitting duties for the season). So, I've been to a few games already. They're a lot of fun. The Vegas crowd has definitely welcomed their team with open arms, and the support at the games has been rather surprising to me. I was one of the few who actually thought hockey in Vegas will fall flat as a result of very little local support. BUT, I was wrong. I think the local support for the team has been fantastic.

And, yes......The Knights are in first place right now. And, yes, the Knights will probably win a Stanley Cup before the Sharks.

That, folks, is the life and times of a San Jose Sharks fan...

NOTE TO MODS: I created a new thread for hockey discussion because I didn't find one that was already created anywhere. Feel free to do whatever it is you need to do with this if it is in the wrong place. Thanks :)

Oh man ... You can't root for the Knights they have the Maloof disease.

Lifelong (well since 7th grade) Bruins fan. Sharks are alright by me though. I also loosely support our WHL team in Portland the Winterhawks.

I went to a Knights game with my wife in November against the Sharks. Knights won in OT, and it was a thrilling game! I'm in awe that they are doing so well... my wife put a crap bet on them to win the cup back before the season started. I said it was a complete waste of time... and I was wrong! Something in the water there in Vegas with that home record of theirs :eek:

I went to a Knights game with my wife in November against the Sharks. Knights won in OT, and it was a thrilling game! I'm in awe that they are doing so well... my wife put a crap bet on them to win the cup back before the season started. I said it was a complete waste of time... and I was wrong! Something in the water there in Vegas with that home record of theirs :eek:
In Vegas, right? I was at that game as well. Cheering on the Sharks like a true FANBOY!!!!! That was, indeed, an incredible game to watch! Not as incredible as the game on December 19th, against Tampa Bay, when the Knights scored the game-winning goal with literally 2.3 seconds left in regulation (on the power play, by Shea Theodore)....that goal was just incredible to witness live. Even the "events" leading up to the goal. It was crazy...