NFL Season Opener : Raiders at Patriots

Should be a good game : http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=11142&pcid=41

The NFL announced on Monday four key games of its 2005 Kickoff Weekend that begins with the debut of the Super Bowl XXXIX champion New England Patriots’ on Thursday night, September 8 and concludes on Monday night with a rematch of last year’s NFC Championship Game.

In a tradition that was instituted last year, the Super Bowl champion now hosts the NFL Thursday night season kickoff the next year. This year on ABC at 9:00 PM ET, the Patriots will take on the Oakland Raiders. The game will feature the Raiders’ debut of wide receiver RANDY MOSS, and will be Oakland’s first visit to New England since the teams’ memorable 2001 AFC Divisional Playoff “blizzard” game.

On Sunday, September 11, the FOX national doubleheader game at 4:15 PM ET will feature the Dallas Cowboys at the San Diego Chargers. For Dallas, it will be the debut of their new quarterback, 13-year veteran DREW BLEDSOE. For the Chargers, they will launch the defense of their AFC West title under quarterback DREW BREES, the 2004 NFL Comeback Player of the Year.

The Sunday night primetime game (8:30 PM ET) on ESPN will be a clash of offense vs. defense when the Indianapolis Colts visit the Baltimore Ravens. It will be the Colts’ high-powered offensive trio of quarterback PEYTON MANNING, running back EDGERRIN JAMES and wide receiver MARVIN HARRISON against the Ravens’ staunch defense led by linebacker RAY LEWIS and safety ED REED, the NFL Defensive Player of the Year who led the league in interceptions last season with nine.

The September 12 Monday night opener on ABC at 9:00 PM ET will be a rematch of last season’s NFC Championship Game featuring two of the NFL’s most exciting quarterbacks – the visiting Philadelphia Eagles’ DONOVAN MC NABB against the Atlanta Falcons’ MICHAEL VICK. The Eagles defeated the Falcons in last January’s championship game, 27-10.

Also on Sunday, September 11, CBS, which has U.S. Open tennis in the late time slot, will carry a lineup of early regional NFL games. CBS will televise the NFL national doubleheader late game in Week 2.

The announcement of the Kickoff Weekend games was made Monday afternoon by NFL Commissioner PAUL TAGLIABUE at the NFL Annual Meeting in Maui, Hawaii.

The rest of the 2005 regular-season schedule will be announced at a later date.

iheartBrad said:
ahh what happened to Go Pats!?

any you who...thx for posting AK

GO PATRIOTS!!
For a meaningless game to the Pats (my team), I want to see the local team play well with their new offense and gain some confidence.

Everyone knows the Pats are only loosing one game, and why not to my local team! :)

GO RAIDERS/PATRIOTS! Happy iheartBrad? :p

Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
For a meaningless game to the Pats (my team), I want to see the local team play well with their new offense and gain some confidence.

Everyone knows the Pats are only loosing one game, and why not to my local team! :)

GO RAIDERS/PATRIOTS! Happy iheartBrad? :p
your a patsie fan? I remember when your sig said GO GIANTS, GO RAIDERS, GO KINGS...

iheartBrad said:
^she goes to the same hs that Tom Brady went to...you HAVE to like the Pats
HAVE to like the pats? nah... Of course if they didn't win a superbowl they wouldn't have many fans. WIN, LOSE OR TIE, RAIDERS TIL I DIE

RAIDER925 said:
HAVE to like the pats? nah... Of course if they didn't win a superbowl they wouldn't have many fans. WIN, LOSE OR TIE, RAIDERS TIL I DIE
I know its easy for you to hate the Pats after the "fumble" (yes it was a fumble) but going to Tom's school and everything hes done for the school in the 2 years ive been there, have to give him credit and root for him. But of course Im a Raiders fan... who would I pick... the 49ers? :)
Im with you on the bold in your statement but I am more a Brady fan than a Pats fan, but im obviously going to root for his team if I have no connection with any of their opponents what so ever.

Cant be a bay area resident and not like either the 49ers or Raiders...

Last edited:
RAIDER925 said:
well im a New Englander so you know i have to go with my boys....

sorry BIC...i always thought you were a girl for some reason :/ :eek: ...i really am embarrased by my mistake...but ive actually been mistaken for a guy so so so many times...even with my username...again SORRY!! :eek:

iheartBrad said:

sorry BIC...i always thought you were a girl for some reason :/ :eek: ...i really am embarrased by my mistake...but ive actually been mistaken for a guy so so so many times...even with my username...again SORRY!! :eek:
:) Dont worry about it... Ive done the same for other people.

iheartBrad said:

heh people actually mistaked you for a guy??? That woulda been just not right..

Andriod_KiNg said:
We want our SB ring back Pats and we are coming to get it :D
very, very nice android king

im sorry ihb and bic but i havta say this...:

I HATE THE PASTRIES!!!

ya, ya, their united, win alot of games team looks good and all, but i dont like how they bend the rules to their advantage (both tuck rule, which they couldnt REALLY control but SUCKED AND the 2003 AFC championship game when they pounded the Colts receivers...funny how that made the NFL change/strengthen its chuck rule). plus I dont like how as soon as they started winning i saw more and more fans...that makes sense becuase they win, but I only heard negative things about the Patriots before Brady played, and actually, i even LIKED them ALOT when Bledsoe was the QB(not because he was, but that was when...) so ya...plus the fact taht Brady jsut bugs me...altho im happy that your (BIC) school has had positive things comeo ut of him doing well...ok thats enough ranting about how i dislike the pastries, im done...but we ARE gonna win that game

I am definitly ready for some Raider football!
I love my Kings, but I am also a passionate fan of the silver&black.
I get flack for liking both Kings and Raiders.
Folks say I should choose one or the other, I ask why?

Hopefully the '05/'06 season is the beginning of a new era for my guys. This past season was extremely painful as a fan, but no matter what, I'm a Raider fan for life!

Tim Brown won't you please come home......

serious kings fan said:
I am definitly ready for some Raider football!
I love my Kings, but I am also a passionate fan of the silver&black.
I get flack for liking both Kings and Raiders.
Folks say I should choose one or the other, I ask why?

Hopefully the '05/'06 season is the beginning of a new era for my guys. This past season was extremely painful as a fan, but no matter what, I'm a Raider fan for life!

Tim Brown won't you please come home......
why would you have to choose one over the other.. ones a football team and ones a basketball team seems like some lame folks tell you that... But yes its time for the darkside to be #1 in the NFL again and dominate the league... GO SILVER & BLACK....Tim Brown needs to come home and retire already..