NFL comments that don't warrant their own thread (2013-14)

So.. The Bengals are shaping up to win the AFC North this year.. It's a good time to be a Bengal fan!!!!
You guys killed us with that Palmer trade, so forgive me if I can't stomach watching your team at all this season. Sure, the picks turned into Dre Kirkpatirck and Giovani Bernard, but still...

Last edited:
NFL preseason starts tomorrow, thank god. One can only live on baseball for so long. I can't take it any more.
The NFL is right around the corner, a month away. Miami vs Dallas tomorrow to get us started, I second your notion that MLB can be pretty brutal to watch.

So.. The Bengals are shaping up to win the AFC North this year.. It's a good time to be a Bengal fan!!!!

I look forward to having some interesting conversations and in game analysis about our Bengals this year, Gary. However we need not to be content with just winning the AFC North, we need to expect more. We have a good enough team to produce wins in the playoffs, whether that is going to be the case will be up to our personnel making sure that AJ Green gets the ball in the first half of a playoff game. Second, Dalton has weapons and he needs to be held accountable its his third season. You got Green, Gresham, Eifert, Gio, Sanu, Charles, Marvin Jones. Those are plenty of weapons to get you by, hell....thats pretty incredible when you look at the weapons we have actually. We have three tight ends that can block and catch, Charles will be used as a H-back, flex TE ala how the 49ers used Walker. Anyway, I'm going to stop this rant now because I can keep going, we need to make an NFL Discussion forum by the way. Who Dey!

Can't wait to see my RAIDERS! Our team is looking sooooooo much better than last season. And Pryor is supposedly stepping up his passing game bigtime, so way may even have a long term starter at QB! Hooray!

Glenn

Hall of Famer
What a terrible mistake by Tampa Bay's Lavonte David. Jets got the W based on his mistake.
Notice he had been crying at the end of the game. Of course the cameraman was right in his face. Yes, it was stupid. These guys are sometimes too interested in hitting the opposition.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well, I still don't like hand-egg, but I still love image macros, so I figured you guys would appreciate this... My Google-Fu tells me that this may have been from a game last season, but what are the chances it's not relevant?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
51-48 is not a football score. It's a halftime score for a basketball game. :p

Looks like the D was missing from both Allas and Enver.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Nobody hear likes discussing football I see...sigh. o_O
There are several who love discussing football. Part of the problem is that the forum is set up in a way so that when you enter the forum you don't automatically head for the football subject. What you see is basketball subjects. That's the way is should be.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Nobody hear likes discussing football I see...sigh. o_O
Tonight's game is probably going to draw fewer viewers than an intramural curling match. Probably not gonna see much to discuss, either...

As Glenn has pointed out, there are some rabid football fans around here. There just hasn't been a whole lot to talk about, unless you want to try and figure out why there have been so many season-ending injuries. It looks to me the more the league tries to protect players, the more players are getting injured.

In my opinion, there is plenty of football talk to go around. I'm not referring specifically for tonight's match up because let's face it...Thursday night football is a joke for the most part on a purely entertainment purpose. Yet, I still find myself watching the games just because it's football and I love watching any football, any team unless the game gets out of hand or too boring to comprehend ala that monday night debacle...sometimes you think...who made these schedules? I know the Vikings were a playoff team last year and the Giants weren't as bad, but they should of just flexed that game. Next monday night is no better, St. Louis versus Seattle, no Sam Bradford. Yikes!!

One more thing...are the Chiefs for real? Has Denver been exposed? How far can the Saints go? Are the Falcons in trouble? etc etc.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
In my opinion, there is plenty of football talk to go around. I'm not referring specifically for tonight's match up because let's face it...Thursday night football is a joke for the most part on a purely entertainment purpose. Yet, I still find myself watching the games just because it's football and I love watching any football, any team unless the game gets out of hand or too boring to comprehend ala that monday night debacle...sometimes you think...who made these schedules? I know the Vikings were a playoff team last year and the Giants weren't as bad, but they should of just flexed that game. Next monday night is no better, St. Louis versus Seattle, no Sam Bradford. Yikes!!
There was a rumor floating around somewhere (I forget where I saw it) that the Rams were so desperate they even called Brett Favre to see if he was available. He reportedly said "No thanks."

Are the Chiefs one and done in the playoffs? What about the Broncos? Peyton is a great regular season QB but once he gets into the postseason...cough cough cough.

There was a rumor floating around somewhere (I forget where I saw it) that the Rams were so desperate they even called Brett Favre to see if he was available. He reportedly said "No thanks."
Not just that but Jeff Garcia thinking he can give it another go in Cleveland. Talk about desperate teams, this is what happens when there are teams stuck in QB purgatory and they take a very long time to get out because it really is a qb driven league.

I was so happy for Brian Hoyer to get a shot and he did great and then got hurt.

I think the Chiefs playoff success depends on who they match up against. I'm guessing the Broncos and Pats if they can get their offense going will be their toughest competition in the AFC. The Colts perhaps as well.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You know all those jokes we make about Jimmer-posters being Jimmer's parents? Something like that happened with Richie Incognito.

http://deadspin.com/is-richie-incognitos-dad-blasting-jonathan-martin-on-m-1457997230
Wow...lots of class in that family.

:rolleyes:

Hazing is bullying with a different name. It's gone on way too long in some cases. It's one thing to have a rookie carry a princess backpack. It's quite another to leave messages "that are both threatening and racially charged in nature."

Well I've always thought Brady was the best.. How many other QB's in history can you just rotate the entire team and as long as they are there that team is a solid bet to win that ring year in/year out.. Not a Pats fan but I enjoy watching greatness