NFL 2022-2023 Season Thread

I dunno if they end up beating them either, and I agree with you; The She-gles will be favored at home (they open as 2.5 point favorites). But, god freaking dammit, I HATE the She-gles!!!! So I want the Niners to win...LOL!!! :p:p:p
If you hate them that much, then let me reassure, Niners will win - :) .......I undertand hating a team (numero uno the Chiefs). But I dont like watching teams that I hate lose when their prime player (Mahomeless) is injured either. Go Bengals, Go Niners.

Purdy didn't light up the box-score in this one, but this game was maybe just as impressive as his Seahawks start. Cowboys defense was freaking flying today and the 49er O-line was giving him absolutely no help whatsoever. Some pretty conservative play-calling and the offense was just really flat for most of the game.

But to his credit, he got rid of the ball quickly, took what was open, didn't turn it over and made a few huge throws that was just enough to get them over the hump. In a defensive struggle, from your 7th round last pick in the draft making his 8th career NFL start... I'm not sure we can ask more of him than what he showed out there. Dallas defense was as impressive a unit I've seen all season from an opposing team.
Shanahan needs to come out aggressive against the Eagles. He changed up his play calling quite a bit against Dallas and it showed in the final score. Credit to Dallas' defensive line but you can only get so many 1 yard rushes in a row before you've gotta just let Purdy start throwing the ball a bit more. Way too many wasted drives by attempting the same thing that just was not working outside of one single drive where they still needed multiple Dallas penalties to score a TD.

Brock is as good as it gets for a rookie QB taken way down in the draft but he's playing with house money at this point. How many interceptions has he thrown that have been dropped by the defense or called back on a lucky penalty? The picks are bound to happen at some point so I'm not going to be surprised when it happens.

Just like with McCloud. The knock on him was always great returner, but he can fumble the ball. Had me worried when he went all season without fumbling because I knew it would happen at the worst time in the playoffs. Luckily he didn't wind up like Kyle Williams. Now we just need to get the TV networks to stop talking about how Gould has never missed a playoff attempt lol

Shanahan needs to come out aggressive against the Eagles. He changed up his play calling quite a bit against Dallas and it showed in the final score. Credit to Dallas' defensive line but you can only get so many 1 yard rushes in a row before you've gotta just let Purdy start throwing the ball a bit more. Way too many wasted drives by attempting the same thing that just was not working outside of one single drive where they still needed multiple Dallas penalties to score a TD.

Brock is as good as it gets for a rookie QB taken way down in the draft but he's playing with house money at this point. How many interceptions has he thrown that have been dropped by the defense or called back on a lucky penalty? The picks are bound to happen at some point so I'm not going to be surprised when it happens.

Just like with McCloud. The knock on him was always great returner, but he can fumble the ball. Had me worried when he went all season without fumbling because I knew it would happen at the worst time in the playoffs. Luckily he didn't wind up like Kyle Williams. Now we just need to get the TV networks to stop talking about how Gould has never missed a playoff attempt lol
I agree Shanahan needs to take the training wheels off......purportedly telling Purdy before huddles - "ok to throw it away" over and over.....you're gonna drive him batty with that crap. Almost guarantee he throws interception vs Eagles anyway.....Needs to get out his gadget plays - double reverses....Cowboys game way too vanilla. Real problem is Hurts is going to go on quite a few QB runs....re-watched the 2021/22 regular season game, and he had about 7 or 8 scrambles for anywhere from 4 yards to 25 yards. He likes to ditch the pocket going around out. You're gonna see that a bunch. 49ers are gonna have to figure something out for that.

Re-watched the Phila/Wash w Week 10 game highlights.....Eagles were sloppy with turnovers and penalties. Would be surprised if they play that poorly this weekend. The Dallas week 16 game showed a porous Eagles secondary, and the turnover bug was there again although Cowboys gave up a lot of big plays too. Number of turnovers is difficult to predict, but it will definitely be the 'wild-card' element. +1 turnover may not mean the difference but +2 very well could.

Go Niners, Go Bengals.....if neither make it, Go Eagles vs Chief-lettes. Its good to hate a team, unless they beat your team, then its double dose of venom.

Rumor has it Kelce questionable due to back.....gotta think he'll be taking a cortisone shot. If Kelce doesn't play the Chiefs are skewered.

Go Niners, Go Bengals.....if neither make it, Go Eagles vs Chief-lettes. Its good to hate a team, unless they beat your team, then its double dose of venom.

Rumor has it Kelce questionable due to back.....gotta think he'll be taking a cortisone shot. If Kelce doesn't play the Chiefs are skewered.
three starters from the O-line are out for the Bengals -_-

three starters from the O-line are out for the Bengals -_-
Burrows is used running for his life, so the fall-off may not be too much to 2nd string, but who knows - I'm too lazy to check in.. The Bengals starting OL is bottom third anyway. Kelce is the trump card out there, and even with the line injuries, I'd take the Bengals if Kelce doesn't play. He's too important for the KC offense. And then Mahomey gimpy doesn't help.

Burrows is used running for his life, so the fall-off may not be too much to 2nd string, but who knows - I'm too lazy to check in.. The Bengals starting OL is bottom third anyway. Kelce is the trump card out there, and even with the line injuries, I'd take the Bengals if Kelce doesn't play. He's too important for the KC offense. And then Mahomey gimpy doesn't help.
I don't know where they rank this season in terms of sacks allowed but last season they were at the bottom and still managed so the game plan for the Cinci O is quick passes, counter/reverse action and screen plays

Yeah. This sucks, but Jordan Mason was pretty good in Mitchells absence before. I’m guessing we see Deebo a little more out of the backfield too. I’m more concerned about CMC. We need him to be effective to have a chance in this game.
Giving up Wilson Jr has come back to haunt the 49ers here. Mason is ok, but Wilson Jr would be definitely a step up.