NFL 2022-2023 Season Thread

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Win… lose… it doesn’t matter. Best case we just lose when it matters down the line so I’d almost rather just lose now to keep any false hope at bay.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Common now - sour grapes.
It is what it is. We’ll probably be better this season with Jim, but not good enough. Then Trey is also toast and out future ceiling is in the gutter.

Kittle’s window is already closing. Deebo takes a pounding. Trent’s not getting any younger. No 1sts for 2 more seasons I think. (Or is it just one now?)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
There is literally no way to know that.
Guy will have played one season of full football against D2 competition over the course of the last 4 years, and there’s been nothing to show he’s a transcendent talent in the NFL.

And now there’s a major injury on top of all the inexperience, rawness, and question marks.

He’s a longshot at best now.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Guy will have played one season of full football against D2 competition over the course of the last 4 years, and there’s been nothing to show he’s a transcendent talent in the NFL.

And now there’s a major injury on top of all the inexperience, rawness, and question marks.

He’s a longshot at best now.
Dude’s going to be the same age next year as most Guys are as rookies. There’s still time. We don’t even know what his injury is yet.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Dude’s going to be the same age next year as most Guys are as rookies. There’s still time. We don’t even know what his injury is yet.

Sure, but most rookies will have played more than one season of meaningful football at some level over the course of 4 entire years.

& “Foot facing the wrong way” is usually a precursor to a major injury, I don’t think I’m jumping to too much a conclusion on that one. Lol

It is what it is. We’ll probably be better this season with Jim, but not good enough. Then Trey is also toast and out future ceiling is in the gutter.

Kittle’s window is already closing. Deebo takes a pounding. Trent’s not getting any younger. No 1sts for 2 more seasons I think. (Or is it just one now?)
No they miss one more 1st round, not 2 - they gave up 3 first rounders 2021 (swapped), 22 (this year), and 23 (next year), and also a third rounder. - way too much....but that mistake is in rear view.
They were a safety gift-drop away from the Superbowl last season.....they just can't have more significant injuries....Brock Purdy may get his chance to be relevent.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
This was a nice bounce-back game for the Niners defense. Aside from one special teams gaffe, Seattle was held scoreless and the front line came up big in the fourth quarter where they folded against Chicago.