• Vivek

• Marvin Bagley

• Luke Still

• Vlade Still

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Because we all know it’s coming. Also, how long until it happens?

My money’s on Fox. And honestly, unless his ship is righted pretty much immediately under Gentry … rightfully so.

I give it an 0-3 week before we’re all mad again.

Because we all know it’s coming. Also, how long until it happens?

My money’s on Fox. And honestly, unless his ship is righted pretty much immediately under Gentry … rightfully so.

I give it an 0-3 week before we’re all mad again.
How can Vivek be a scapegoat? He is the one constant since the Maloofs. He is making them look good despite their efforts to sabatoge the team in order to move.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Vivek, for sure. It's already starting. We know there has been blips of behind the scenes talk of minority owners trying to get him to relinquish power almost from day 1. This whole organization has been built on pure toxicity from the moment the Maloofs handed over the goods with their own **** smeared all over it.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
How can Vivek be a scapegoat? He is the one constant since the Maloofs. He is making them look good despite their efforts to sabatoge the team in order to move.
And that is it pretty much in a nutshell. Even if he he's not to blame, the hammer usually drops full force to the owner at some point. The sad thing is he's always just missing the mark. He tried in the right way at the start with Bird, then since then has been on a ride that will make you seasick. Never quite upending the boat but darn close.

https://www.si.com/si-wire/2013/06/05/larry-bird-kings-president

Hey, Vivek, you've made a bundle on your teams equity, time to look at shelling out a bit of it. It might just pay off quicker than you think.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Voted Fox. He’s supposed to be our guy, but he’s playing like crap.

Gentry will get it for sure, since he’s about as mediocre a replacement as we could get.

I don’t like Vivek being on a “scapegoat” list. He’s the problem, the actual problem can’t be a scapegoat.

I'd say Vivek but there is literally nothing anybody can do about Vivek - unless we get a racist or sex scandal of some sort we're stuck with him.

Interims are rarely turned into scapegoats but it’s still relatively early in the season..but chances of Gentry going beyond this season are slim even if the Kings start playing better. So, who’s really going to be calling for his head to install another lame duck in what may soon be a lost season?

I think Fox will eventually go back to where he was atleast last season. Which is good enough not to have people complain about him or blame him…but enough for the new contingent of fans who want him dealt for Simmons to declare that now is the time to make the trade when his value is high.

Which leads to my pick for scapegoat….I’m going to say Monte because I don’t think any huge trades will happen this season..or if they do, they won’t bring the return we hope. Because as bad as the Kings look right now, they aren’t going to sink. It’s going to be like every other season where they’ll play winning basketball when it’s too late to start. That’s not going to be good for Monte.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Voted Fox. He’s supposed to be our guy, but he’s playing like crap.

Gentry will get it for sure, since he’s about as mediocre a replacement as we could get.

I don’t like Vivek being on a “scapegoat” list. He’s the problem, the actual problem can’t be a scapegoat.
Yeah, but I doubt Vivek is making any actual calls on the sidelines, on rotations, and/or GM moves. He's the problem in the sense that he gets caught up with people that can snow him and suck at their jobs. Which is the overriding problem but in terms of moves, not his. haha. In a way the buck stops there with Vivek as it does with any owner, but in relation to dissectible moves he's nowhere in the conversation outside of maybe "Nik ROCKS!". But we don't know for sure he wasn't convinced of that either. And if subsequent moves are any factor the only move close to that was Buddy and in the end that was one of the few non-fails of Kings decisions.

Voted Luke still. If Fox plays well, Gentry and Fox will get the credit. If he continues to suck, folks will just blame Luke for messing him up. Ditto for the rest of the team. Though, I hope Monte realizes that this windows where Vivek gives you a get out of jail free card is small. Fortune favors the bold. Trade Fox, Buddy, and Bagley now.

Voted Luke still. If Fox plays well, Gentry and Fox will get the credit. If he continues to suck, folks will just blame Luke for messing him up. Ditto for the rest of the team. Though, I hope Monte realizes that this windows where Vivek gives you a get out of jail free card is small. Fortune favors the bold. Trade Fox, Buddy, and Bagley now.
As Gunks said with Vivek, Luke isn't a scapegoat by definition. He literally did mess up Fox by misusing him. The question now is whether Gentry just keeps things the same or changes the system on both ends. If not, then maybe having a different voice can help, but if not, then they are doing the typical waste of time they've done for 15 years as an organization.

As Gunks said with Vivek, Luke isn't a scapegoat by definition. He literally did mess up Fox by misusing him. The question now is whether Gentry just keeps things the same or changes the system on both ends. If not, then maybe having a different voice can help, but if not, then they are doing the typical waste of time they've done for 15 years as an organization.
Nah, Fox messed Fox up. Fox and his agent/trainer decided to put on weight, but failed to work on the counters and contortions that are necessary to thrive with added muscle and less speed.

Plus, Luke didn’t tell Fox how to forget to shoot, do a simple jump stop, pass the ball when he’s going 1 vs 4…

Nah, Fox messed Fox up. Fox and his agent/trainer decided to put on weight, but failed to work on the counters and contortions that are necessary to thrive with added muscle and less speed.

Plus, Luke didn’t tell Fox how to forget to shoot, do a simple jump stop, pass the ball when he’s going 1 vs 4…
I've watched Lukes system the last two years. Fox is in a major funk but those plays he got last year were gone to start this year as Walton ran more and more side pick and roll with Fox off the ball. Just like two years ago. Suprise, suprise, in the month of November Fox's numbers looked darn close to those in the bubble season.

Interims are rarely turned into scapegoats but it’s still relatively early in the season..but chances of Gentry going beyond this season are slim even if the Kings start playing better. So, who’s really going to be calling for his head to install another lame duck in what may soon be a lost season?

I think Fox will eventually go back to where he was atleast last season. Which is good enough not to have people complain about him or blame him…but enough for the new contingent of fans who want him dealt for Simmons to declare that now is the time to make the trade when his value is high.

Which leads to my pick for scapegoat….I’m going to say Monte because I don’t think any huge trades will happen this season..or if they do, they won’t bring the return we hope. Because as bad as the Kings look right now, they aren’t going to sink. It’s going to be like every other season where they’ll play winning basketball when it’s too late to start. That’s not going to be good for Monte.
I don't know, things got pretty rough for Tyrone Corbin. If I were a GM fooling my way through the league, the last place I'd go is Sac. Fans have seen it all. You can't trick us Kings fans which bandaids and bright lights. We can send it back with a pretty precise description of why an idiot move is an idiot move, haha.

I've watched Lukes system the last two years. Fox is in a major funk but those plays he got last year were gone to start this year as Walton ran more and more side pick and roll with Fox off the ball. Just like two years ago. Suprise, suprise, in the month of November Fox's numbers looked darn close to those in the bubble season.
Fox has regressed this year. That is 100% on Fox. Stars adjust. Ordinary rotation players do not.

And even if Fox returned to his old numbers, I would still trade him, as I wanted to do over the summer. His numbers won’t fix his inefficiencies and the fact that he just doesn’t play winning ball.

My vote is Gentry but I guess we'll see if he radically changes things. I don't like bringing one of the lead assistants because I assume they were somewhat complicit in Luke being Luke. Otherwise this would have happened quicker? ? ? Right???

Fox has regressed this year. That is 100% on Fox. Stars adjust. Ordinary rotation players do not.

And even if Fox returned to his old numbers, I would still trade him, as I wanted to do over the summer. His numbers won’t fix his inefficiencies and the fact that he just doesn’t play winning ball.
So, him playing off the ball as a SG, where he's always looked less than is on him? In what way?

You can't take a player on a team like the Kings with all the drama going on and say "he just doesn't play winning ball."

Any player that shoots 20 something percent from 3 is going to have a hard time playing off the ball. Let’s give Fox a bit more time to get in a rhythm before we cast him to the wolves. He has to shoot better or he is not going to be a player that takes us anywhere. You could say that about most guards/wings though.

You can't take a player on a team like the Kings with all the drama going on and say "he just doesn't play winning ball."
Exactly, any player that comes to the Kings isn't going to play "winning ball" as long as they are jumping head first into a dumpster fire.

Winning ball = making free throws at a league average pace for a pg, playing defense, not being a black hole on offense the majority of the time, controlling pace, scoring efficiently at three levels…you know, the things that a max player does for his team.

Haliburton plays winning ball. Put the ball in Hali’s hands and the Kings win more.

A fair piece today by the Bee but if any Kings fans think they can get Vivek to sell that’s just wishful thinking on their part. I’ve read and heard lots of this from other Kings fans on social media. There’s nothing fans can do to make it happen. It is what it is.
That's true but the NBA can. Vivek better realize that's pretty much how he got his team to begin with. And I'm sure we are all grateful for that of course. That said, as long as owning a team is a huge money maker (it used to be considered a money losing status symbol) there will always be another billionaire higher up on the totem pole interested in taking it off your hands.

That's true but the NBA can. Vivek better realize that's pretty much how he got his team to begin with. And I'm sure we are all grateful for that of course. That said, as long as owning a team is a huge money maker (it used to be considered a money losing status symbol) there will always be another billionaire higher up on the totem pole interested in taking it off your hands.
Excluding the impacts of a black swan event (Covid), the Kings have nailed their off the court goals.

I don't know, things got pretty rough for Tyrone Corbin. If I were a GM fooling my way through the league, the last place I'd go is Sac. Fans have seen it all. You can't trick us Kings fans which bandaids and bright lights. We can send it back with a pretty precise description of why an idiot move is an idiot move, haha.
that’s true, but I think the circumstances were different than now when expectations are pretty much dead and people agree with Walton being fired.

It was rough for Corbin because Malone was actually a very popular coach who was let go after a strong start that was only derailed by Boogie getting sick. Remember Pete had to pretty much hold a town hall over letting Malone go. It’s a tough spot being the fill in for a guy nobody wanted gone in the first place.

Kings were only a game or two under .500 when Malone was let go and it completely fell apart under Corbin. The fans were still in a position of expecting results when Boogie got healthy.

Also, George Karl had immediately made his interest in the position known so we had little patience for a lame duck coach when a proven hall of famer is openly waiting for an offer.