Next head coach candidates

dude12

Hall of Famer
Might as well start a fresh thread on this. I’ve already seen some names on social media......and then on here. Remember before Vlade settled on Joerger, his list was extensive. No reason not for his list to be extensive once again, especially with a desirable team.
Luke Walton
Ettore Messina
Monte Williams
MarkJackson
Doug Christie
Any college guys?
Tyronne Lue
Stan Van Gundy

I heard ime udoka would be an option

edit: I disn't hear it but I've seen stuff on twitter and what not over tthe past month that he would be a good HC candidate since he's under Pop

How about that young upstart Eric Musselman?
In the "The one AND ONLY 'Fire Adelman' thread for 05-06" he was only named 8th out of 8 possibles by one poster (Bricklayer). In the "OFFICIAL Fire Adelman and get _____ thread (MERGED), I didn't see any mentions of him at all. People were thinking more like Flip Saunders. Whoever we think we're getting, I'm pretty confident will not be who we get. It almost never is.

Messina is most intriguing of the names floated.

Ok with Walton though not near the top of my list.

Not high on bringing a college guy in but I think that has almost zero chance of happening with Divac. So the real question is what high level assistants are out there we might not know much about.

If we hire Walton it's gonna be the same thing we do every time we sign players we don't necessarily like.

1) "Walton? Ugh. Noooo. Why???"
*Someone lists why it's a good hire*
2. "I'm warming up to Walton"
*Further discussion about why he's good*
3. "Yea Walton could be really good"
*Has one bad game with poor decisions"
4. "I hate Walton. Knew he would suck!"

In the "The one AND ONLY 'Fire Adelman' thread for 05-06" he was only named 8th out of 8 possibles by one poster (Bricklayer). In the "OFFICIAL Fire Adelman and get _____ thread (MERGED), I didn't see any mentions of him at all. People were thinking more like Flip Saunders. Whoever we think we're getting, I'm pretty confident will not be who we get. It almost never is.
I'm gonna own the fact that I jocked Musselman a lot towards the end.

In all honesty, both Muss and Theus were probably better than most that followed them with Joerger and Malone being the lone exceptions, just the wrong guys for that period in Kings history.

I'm gonna own the fact that I jocked Musselman a lot towards the end.

In all honesty, both Muss and Theus were probably better than most that followed them with Joerger and Malone being the lone exceptions, just the wrong guys for that period in Kings history.
I thought that Musselman was a sign that the front office was some combination of too scary and too cheap to hire a real coach, and haven't really changed my mind. Theus was better than that, but IIRC Adelman and Malone are the only ex-Sacramento coaches to ever find work as head coaches on another NBA team afterwards, and I think that's mostly deserved.

Messina gets my vote. If it were up to me, however, I wouldn't have fired DJ. Kings have gone through a bajillion coaches since Adleman and I think that this young core needs that consistency and we needed to change up our culture of having a revolving door of coaches. This also could hurt our chances at a decent FA.