Next 7 games

Record over the next 7

• Total voters

Entity

Hall of Famer
We have a chance these next 7 games to really bolster our record. The toughest team we will play is the suns which we already beat. We got them at home this time. Now most of the 7 games are on the road. @Spurs, thunder, wolves, and pistons. Home vs Indiana, suns, raptors. How do you think we fare these 7 games?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I think this current roster has a pretty high ceiling. There is still much to improve upon in their defense and offense for them to reach their potential. For example, on defense against the Hornets they allowed some break-outs and back-cuts that they should never have allowed. On offense, Fox still isn't close to his max, and Davis is still a work in progress. Over the next handful of games I just want to see them continue to take defense seriously. If they can adopt the never-take-a-play-off attitude of Mitchell there will be no worries with this team, imo. I'm saying 5-2.

The_Jamal

Hall of Famer
5-2 will give us a pretty good indication this team is ready for a playoff push. All these opponents are easier than our previous 8 games (Suns at home instead of on the road. Ayton has been banged up and is missing tonights game). Hornets game was a first good step to potentially show that we can be closer to like a top 12-14 team rather than in the 17-22 range.

I voted 5-2, and hope we can do that or better. While the team has high ceiling, winning consistently is not easy. Moreover, while we have played the top teams close, except for the last game, we have also not played the bad teams (Pels) great. The first game was quite close, and even the second game was close for a good period despite them missing their two best players. Bottom line, while the team can beat good teams, it can also lose to bad teams, particularly on road.

Home against Indiana - W
Home against Phoenix - W/L
Away against San Antonio - W/L
Away against OKC - W
Away against Detroit - W
Away against Minnesota - W/L
Home against Toronto - W/L

5-2 most likely but I can see 6-1 or 4-3 as well. We will probably lose to a team we should beat, and beat a team that has our number. Four games can go either way IMO but on those W/L games I think we win two of those and lose two of those to finish 5-2, lifting us to 10-6. The Kings are a better team this year than .500 so let's hope the Kings get something good for Bagley III, and they continue to grow together.

I'll play.

Home against Indiana - W
Home against Phoenix - L
Away against San Antonio - W
Away against OKC - W
Away against Detroit - W
Away against Minnesota - L
Home against Toronto - W

That would leave the Kings at 10-6 and, provided they remain pretty healthy, I'd be very satisfied.

Last 2 games inexcusable. This team competed like a playoff team the first 11 games and then basically showed they're still not close by laying an egg to 2 teams that won't be in the playoff hunt.

Last 2 games inexcusable. This team competed like a playoff team the first 11 games and then basically showed they're still not close by laying an egg to 2 teams that won't be in the playoff hunt.
That Bee writer smelled the stench of the bench the other night. I made it a point to watch the bench most of this game. He was right. They're done. When teams check out they check out. I mean, does it get to the point where they actually have to wait until someone like Tyrese checks out? Yeah, get too far down and the players ain't coming back.

That Bee writer smelled the stench of the bench the other night. I made it a point to watch the bench most of this game. He was right. They're done. When teams check out they check out. I mean, does it get to the point where they actually have to wait until someone like Tyrese checks out? Yeah, get too far down and the players ain't coming back.
The problem is Luke is making basketball decisions for non basketball reasons. These players know who should and who shouldn't be playing. When the coach plays the wrong guys, it will turn a team against him. They lose trust. They may like Luke, but they don't respect him.