New trade suggestion: Sixers move Ben Simmons to Kings for Buddy Hield

"A new trade suggestion put out by Bleacher Report has the Sixers moving Simmons to the Sacramento Kings in exchange for Buddy Hield, rookie Davion Mitchell, a 2023 first-round pick swap, a 2024 first-round pick, a 2025 first-round pick swap and a 2026 first-round pick."

:rolleyes: x 28590834952375473

Why does everybody think Simmons is worth anything close to that haul? I wouldn't even give up just those picks for him.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
"A new trade suggestion put out by Bleacher Report has the Sixers moving Simmons to the Sacramento Kings in exchange for Buddy Hield, rookie Davion Mitchell, a 2023 first-round pick swap, a 2024 first-round pick, a 2025 first-round pick swap and a 2026 first-round pick."

:rolleyes: x 28590834952375473

Why does everybody think Simmons is worth anything close to that haul? I wouldn't even give up just those picks for him.
Everybody thinks this because Morey thinks this.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Who’s “everybody”?
In this case, "everybody" is a figure of speech, in fact a figure of speech which I specifically repeated from the post that I quoted (New Era's post, where the figure of speech was first used). The figure of speech "everybody" means "a lot of people" and is often used in circumstances where there is fairly widespread agreement on a topic. In this case it does not literally mean "every person", as should be relatively obvious - in fact most people with even a modicum of reading comprehension would understand that neither New Era nor I agree with the premise originally assigned to "everybody", that is, if they actually had read what was written.

I hope this helps.