New look to board!

Another new feature/enhancement that I particularly want to point out because I think it's a significant improvement over the previous version. When you view the voting breakdown on polls that are made public, it no longer shows how people voted via a pop-up, but rather by expanding the individual choices and listing votes right under that specific choice. I think that's easier to work with from a user standpoint...I hope I make sense, lol :)

Out of curiosity, have we lost the ability for, whenever we receive a new alert, a pop-up to display towards the bottom of the window (lower left on the old software/version, if I remember correctly)? Unless I am missing something, I have not seen a pop-up display yet. All I notice is the red number (corresponding to the number of new alerts I have at that time) up at the top, in the navigation toolbar, next to the "Alerts" button...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Out of curiosity, have we lost the ability for, whenever we receive a new alert, a pop-up to display towards the bottom of the window (lower left on the old software/version, if I remember correctly)? Unless I am missing something, I have not seen a pop-up display yet. All I notice is the red number (corresponding to the number of new alerts I have at that time) up at the top, in the navigation toolbar, next to the "Alerts" button...
I don't see any settings for pop-ups in the preferences.

I don't see any settings for pop-ups in the preferences.
Yeah, I checked that as well and didn't see anything. That's a bummer. I guess I will have to get used to checking the top of the page for any new alerts all the time now. No big deal. At least, with this new upgrade, the top navigation bar is "floating", so as you scroll down a page, it still displays. So no one will have to scroll all the way to the top of the page in order to see if they have any alerts or messages in their inbox. I like that a lot.

I have been meaning to ask a question. I love everything about the new look, however I have been having an issue and I am trying to figure out if it is on my end or not.

Usually when I hit refresh, or even open a thread that has some new posts it would go straight to where I had left off. But now it is kind of random where I land within the thread. Anyone else having this issue? Or is it my usual crummy luck with every computer I have owned?

Thanks.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I have been meaning to ask a question. I love everything about the new look, however I have been having an issue and I am trying to figure out if it is on my end or not.

Usually when I hit refresh, or even open a thread that has some new posts it would go straight to where I had left off. But now it is kind of random where I land within the thread. Anyone else having this issue? Or is it my usual crummy luck with every computer I have owned?

Thanks.
I have this from time to time. It's most noticeable for me in the game thread, which has a tendency to stick until a new page is started (though I think it is also related to whether or not I have a comment on that page). Still, that was a problem before the board revamp. I also get the feeling that this happens when people edit their posts, or when posts get deleted, that whatever cookie is serving as a bookmark gets lost.

I have this from time to time. It's most noticeable for me in the game thread, which has a tendency to stick until a new page is started (though I think it is also related to whether or not I have a comment on that page). Still, that was a problem before the board revamp. I also get the feeling that this happens when people edit their posts, or when posts get deleted, that whatever cookie is serving as a bookmark gets lost.
Thanks Capt.. I never had the issue personally before the revamp, but it is good to know I am not the only one. Only a minor annoyance of course, but I wanted to at least quell my curiosity.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Thanks Capt.. I never had the issue personally before the revamp, but it is good to know I am not the only one. Only a minor annoyance of course, but I wanted to at least quell my curiosity.
One nice thing about the revamp is that now posts you haven't seen have a little black indicator box in the upper right hand corner that says "New". And even if the page doesn't jump to the right spot, those are reliable. I've been using that a lot.