Nets @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Nice haircut Ron !:rolleyes:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
January 22nd is not such a great day for Kings to play. Bunch of losses and one win. On January 22nd 2004 Kings won in Cleveland 95-89 to improve to 30-10 for the season. It was a very close game mostly because Kings were missing many FTs (56%). Fortunately, Pedja showed up in the 2nd half and saved the day. Pedja lead the Kings with 37/10/1, Vlade had 13/9/9/2bl, Bibby had 12/5/5, DC had 11/3/7/4, Brad had 8/15/4/3bl. Bobby had 11/3 of the bench.

Peja Stojakovic showed the Cleveland Cavaliers why he's one of the NBA's best shooters. Stojakovic caught fire in the second half, when he scored 27 of his 37 points, as the Sacramento Kings opened a six-game road trip with a 95-89 victory over the Cavaliers. After netting 10 points in the first quarter and going scoreless in the second, Stojakovic was a different player in the second half. The sharpshooter poured in 20 points in third quarter, making 7-of-9 shots and all four of his 3-point attempts.

Stojakovic finished 13-of-25 from the field, including 6-of-9 from the arc, as he fell four points shy of matching a season high. He also had 10 rebounds in 45 minutes.Vlade Divac collected 13 points, nine rebounds and nine assists for the Kings, who won for the 10th time in 12 games.

"It was contested. (Stojakovic) just hit some big shots," Wagner said. "One time, (Eric Williams) hit him in the elbow and he still made the shot. He was in his face."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As expected Kings lost in Detroit to drop to 15-23 for the season. Pretty bad considering that even Hornets have a better record despite everything that happened to the this season. We on the other hand have no excuses except the fact that we suck which is the best excuse one can have. You can't question the passion for losing which Kings are developing extremely well. Anyways, Kongs are getting ready for 2 home games before a 4 game road trip to finish a solid month of January. If You think that I am insane by calling January solid - we can talk in 2 months from now. I have a feeling that January will look very solid by then.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I decided to gave a good time last night which doesn't involve watching Kings games anymore. So I went to a party where I actually was drunk enough to watch Borat without puking. When I got home - I figured I am still drunk enough to watch Kings loss (I knew the score). Then I saw Ron's new hair"style." I figured - I am halucinating - so I went to bed with an intend to quit drinking. After revisiting the game tape this morning - I realized - I wasn't drunk enough to watch it last night. I also realized that there are worse things than watching Kings lose these days like watching them lose while having a hangover. I deserved that one.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
At least Ron's hair gives us a something to talk about. I was wondering what are the chances that Ron's barber went to school together with Hatr's agent and DC's wife ? Have no clue why I thought of that but in a wierd way it makes lot of sense. They all took a class called " I suck at my job while feeling indifferent about it" by professor Walton. Muss was the teaching assistant.
Another thing that I have been asking myself is - what is the difference between Pedja's play performances from the last season and Mike's performances from this season ? There isn't any really. Both had to deal with some injuries, bot shot the ball like crap, the team was losing, both of them looked like ther were/are on their way out. What is different is the fact that Mike never asked for a trade and that there is no "Ron Artest" that we can get for Mike Bibby. I am getting tired of watching Bibby walking around like "fake money" knowing that we don't have another PG whatsoever.
Looks like Justin Williams is getting more minutes as he is getting "evaluated"
He certainly needs to "eat" some more to be able to bang with the big kids. Effort and hunger are there but that is expected from a young kid who is looking for a place under the sun. If he had any offensive game - I would call it poor but since he doesn't have any yet ...There is potential but the question is how much patience are we going to have because he might take a while. Nice FT shooting BTW.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Pistons got their revenge if You want to call it that because You could call it abuse or beating up on a smaller kids. They even didn't need Billiups to do it. We shot 35% from the fiels and %6 from the line. If there was an organisation for protection of the basketball rims - we would be in jail. we also didn't pass well, couldn't rebound either or defend. Other than that we did okay. Only reason for us scoring 74 points is the fact that Pistons relaxed in the garbage time called the 4th quarter.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
AWARD TIME

McDyess won the TDM easily. Didn't miss a shot and had 8 rebounds of the bench. as always this award is spomsored by the Kings defense which is sponsored by "Baby soft & plush toys"

LW-VC award went to Billups. Coinsidering the abuse that we have taken from him lately it was nice to see him such eventhough it meant nothing.

JHA - goes to SAR but it was a hard battle. SAR played 19 minutes to give us 3 rebounds a steel, a block and a turnover. Kevin played 15 minutes while giving us 5 pts (1-7), 3 rebounds and a steel. KT played 5 minutes in which he managed to grab a rebound and turn it over twice. Can't really go wrong with either one of them.
Nets are next at ARCO where we have been beating them on regular basis which these days means nothing. They won't have Krstic and Jefferson which also means nothing. They are playing better recently breaking even at 20-20 or so. The game might get very ugly because both teams are certainly capable of stinking it up with the best of them. We are riding a 3 or 4 home game losing streak and we should at least try to stop it. Most probable scenario - tight game wher Kings have a chance to win but miss FTs to almost win it in the overtime. that hasn't happen in a while;)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike - have fun watching Kidd getting a triple double
Ron - cut that hair man!
Kevin - what happened ?
Brad - lokked like 20/10/5 guys minus that 20.
SAR - sad
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Corliss - since he was good against pistons we might just sit him out
KT - after "playing" consistantly well in the last 2-3 games back to old
Williams - hit a FT
rest - mateen
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Muss - was it really neccessary to let KT play. What is next. Jason Hart starting ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Nets are shorthanded which makes them dangerous opening many possibilities for future TDM winners. Kidd wil have atriple double, Carter will shoot a lot, Moore will look like Shaq. Moore will win the TDM award but Nachbar might make it close. Don't sleep on uncle Cliffy. LW-VC award will hopefully go to a Nets player. JHA very possible - almost imminent.

P

PoundForPound

The way all the superstars have been dumping on Ron Artest, i wouldn't be surpirsed to see VC go for 35-40 points.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Another great intro, piksi...

One point of clarification, however? Ron's "barber" was Mike Bibby.

Nets vs. Kings

Look forward to Piksi's posting all the time. Such good work. It sounded to me like Ron was going to shave his entire head and somehow someone had the bad idea of the Mohawk. Hope Barber Mike or another barber finishes the job soon. Annie

P

PoundForPound

same here. piksi imo is probably the best poster at kingsfans, great analyist, im surprised he isn't already working at ESPN.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Piksi - "If there was an organisation for protection of the basketball rims - we would be in jail."

NICE! :D

The crowd is absolutely dead. The only thing I can hear is this one woman screaming like a maniac anytime the Kings do something. Other than that you could hear a pindrop if the music wasn't paying...

It usually goes away. They didn't put the Knick/King game on in Sac till about 5 min left in the 1st quarter.

There was an NHL game being played prior to it.

This is beyond annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.