• Mavericks and Timberwolves

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
well the Wolves run was fun while it lasted but looks like Denver has made adjustments and figured Minnesota out with no counter in return. I spoke too soon calling them contenders, they aren't ready yet. In the future I'll try to refrain from making any premature comments without a team having to go through the pains and ups and downs before reaching contention status and even so, some teams still never get to that level. see Portland, Houston with MVP James Harden, etc.

Malone mixed up the defense and kept Minn guessing. He recognized the greatness of Edwards. Meanwhile Jokic runs the offense like a machine. He is not fleet afoot and not great on defense, his touch and passing ability are amazing. Maybe the best in history.

Denver is impressive. I really like to watch Gordon play. Guys like Braun coming off the bench are great role players and have bought into the system. Teams that can really play defense always have a chance. Denver has made some adjustments and are playing like a championship team again.

Cousins was right about Gobert. Dude was winning DPOY awards while simultaneously being taken off the court in the 4th quarter in the playoffs with Utah because he was a defensive liability.

Denver gets 70 points and it is not even close. It is a long season. People get banged up and mentally worn down. I am still putting my money on the Nuggets on Sunday.

When McDaniels goes 8/10 for 21 pts, that's bad news for McNuggets because its a bonus for the Wolves. McDaniels is the Wolves best defender - for him to excel offensively is gravy. Doubt he repeats anything close to that next game. The loosely called games favor the Wolves, but foul call fests favor the McNuggets.

Denver was missing all the shots they were making in the last three, I'll take a game 7 though. let's get a competitive one please
The only competitive game was the 1st game so far.....all the others featured one team taking control usually in the 2nd or 3rd Quarter and not looking back. The Wolves defense was incredible the 2nd game/2nd Quarter - that was most eye-opening performance of any game this year. Tonight's game 6, the Nuggets didn't show up offensively, kinda like the Wolves didn't in the 3rd game - Wolves tonight looked focused. Unfortunately there's a good chance for a lopsided game 7 with the series history - couldn't tell you which team though.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The only competitive game was the 1st game so far.....all the others featured one team taking control usually in the 2nd or 3rd Quarter and not looking back. The Wolves defense was incredible the 2nd game/2nd Quarter - that was most eye-opening performance of any game this year. Tonight's game 6, the Nuggets didn't show up offensively, kinda like the Wolves didn't in the 3rd game - Wolves tonight looked focused. Unfortunately there's a good chance for a lopsided game 7 with the series history - couldn't tell you which team though.
flip a coin type of outcome really. a series going to the end but as you said, unusually uncompetitive for the most part.

NBA really needs to do something. Seems like the games are just mostly blowouts with rarely any late game drama.

Might be time to move the 3pt line back a few feet and get rid of the corner 3.

The only way I can interpret the wide swings in scores in the finals is the effectiveness of coaching.
The modern NBA has a lot of parity and plenty of skilled players. Watching the 3 point shooting contests is kind of boring, but a lot of these games remind of chess. The coaches come up with defensive strategies like intermittent zones, double teams and box and one. They change all the time. That throws some teams for a loop. It works.

On offense some teams like Denver push the ball all the time. They ruin their offense through Jokic and play the inside/outside game. Minnesota is still a young team, but they can play defense. Kudos to their coach for holding the Nuggets to 70 points. McDaniels is an odd player. I watched him at the U of Washington. He is still emotionally retarded and lacks confidence. But he got some last night.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
NBA really needs to do something. Seems like the games are just mostly blowouts with rarely any late game drama.

Might be time to move the 3pt line back a few feet and get rid of the corner 3.
there should be a barrier between where fans sit in the courtside seats and the court, way too close to the action and then you expand the 3 point corners the same distance as the rest. Even then though, nothing will change until the league allows more leniency on defense being played. offensive players are much better yes which is why there needs to be more resistance but the NBA feels the casual fan doesn't want defense, they are trying to dictate what the fans should want

Status
Not open for further replies.