NBA Rankings / Injury

Okay my fellow Kings fans, I have an observation / question I like to make.
When we had Webber/Christie and 1 injury(BJ) we were ranked 4th in the NBA. The Spurs we ranked #1 with Tim Duncan healthy and 0 injuries . This was I believe early to mid-January 05. Now 2 months later we have no Wbber/Christie and we have 2 critical players injured (BJ and BM), the Spurs have 1 critical injury with Tim Duncan missing the rest of the season, yet they only drop to #2 and the Kings have dropped to #14. Now, is it me or do people think that the Spurs don't need Tim Duncan in the line-up. Also I believe they are now on a 4 game losing streak. I believe our Kings can beat them right now, tonight if be. But they would still remain #2 and we would probably drop to #15. There is a hellevu lot of Bias going on in the NBA. Please someone explain to me WTH is going on...Is it me or what?

Two things: 1) Those rankings are meaningless as they are totally subjective

2) Teams are ranked for how they are playing at a certain moment in time, not how they are projected to play without their star player. You cannot honestly believe that the Spurs are any worse than the 2nd best team in the nba

Power Rankings are just opinions of someone that doesn't know the future any more than you or I do. Don't get in a huff about them, they shouldn't be given any more than a passing glance, if that.

Power ranking just go to tell you that anyone with pen and paper and 2nd grade math level can attempt to be a sport "analyst".

The only thing I know is there are 6 teams in the league that have a better record than us and that ranks us at #7.

Last edited:
that depends, a lot of rankings out had the kings up high for a while after the webber trade. the way the kings have been playing they deserved to be dropped pretty far, esp with teams like denver, boston, houston turning it up. although after the mavs game, hopefully a win against the nuggets, we'll climb back up.

that is, if you still actually care.