NBA Playoffs, Round One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah year after year fans here love to pump up Fox while tearing down player X. You name it - Luka, Trae, Ja, Mitchell, Tatum. The list goes on. And I mean, that's to be expected on a Kings fan site, so I don't blame them. I see these guys and the kinds of shots they create for their team mates while we struggle year after year, have Buddy Hield playmaking and unable to get an open shot. I've said it before and I stick by it, Fox has turned into a great scorer, but has ways to go in actually elevating the guys around him. I hope we see that improvement next year, but right now he and the coach who he basically got un-fired better keep their mouths shut and let their record do the talking instead of taking slight at every negative social media post.

I can’t believe they haven’t unleashed the dual-unicorn lineup. Guaranteed victory
At this point it'll just be two lame horses with party hats on. I'm not even sure Kristaps is top 4 in value to the team right now, and that's without considering money.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The Mavs giving Luka half a quarter off after jumping to that 20 point lead is going to be a series altering blunder from Coach Carlisle.

Yeah year after year fans here love to pump up Fox while tearing down player X. You name it - Luka, Trae, Ja, Mitchell, Tatum. The list goes on. And I mean, that's to be expected on a Kings fan site, so I don't blame them. I see these guys and the kinds of shots they create for their team mates while we struggle year after year, have Buddy Hield playmaking and unable to get an open shot. I've said it before and I stick by it, Fox has turned into a great scorer, but has ways to go in actually elevating the guys around him. I hope we see that improvement next year, but right now he and the coach who he basically got un-fired better keep their mouths shut and let their record do the talking instead of taking slight at every negative social media post.
Maybe Fox is as talented as those other guys, but even then coaching is just the convenient excuse yet again. Fox and Haliburton MAY be able to be like a Dame/CJ level backcourt but with Bagley being a bust and all, their frontcourt clearly won't cut it even compared to the relatively mediocre frontcourt the Blazers have fielded.

Maybe Fox is as talented as those other guys, but even then coaching is just the convenient excuse yet again. Fox and Haliburton MAY be able to be like a Dame/CJ level backcourt but with Bagley being a bust and all, their frontcourt clearly won't cut it even compared to the relatively mediocre frontcourt the Blazers have fielded.
Lol Fox will never be as good as Dame on a team that actually wins.

Dude’s shockingly bad nowadays.
It's like he isn't even trying to play properly. Just soft, had the ball poked away while holding it on two consecutive plays, moves look extremely robotic - either a pump fake and drive and then pass, or catch and shoot jumper that is nowhere close to going in.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
It's like he isn't even trying to play properly. Just soft, had the ball poked away while holding it on two consecutive plays, moves look extremely robotic - either a pump fake and drive and then pass, or catch and shoot jumper that is nowhere close to going in.
Old man Dirk plucked from the stands would be better.

Still liking Dallas in this series.

They needed these near flawless big offensive games from Kawhi and George to just hold off A night where only Luka had it going for the Mavs.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Still liking Dallas in this series.

They needed these near flawless big offensive games from Kawhi and George to just hold off A night where only Luka had it going for the Mavs.
To be fair, Luka is the only one who has it going on 95% of the nights for the Mavs because Donnie Nelson is really really bad at his job.

I honestly don’t think any fans here doubt the talent and stardom of morant, Mitchell, Tatum Luka (hell 90% of us wanted Luka to be a king) etc. Plenty of us feel they are great but also believe fox is or can be as great. What you’re reading is probably kings fans defending a kings player when people come in the game thread or whatever and dump on fox saying he will never be as good as them or point out all his flaws and ignore the flaws of whoever they’re comparing him too. I just don’t understand the point of going to a kings fan site and crap all over a kings player. Pointing out someone messing up here and there during a game thread is fine or even saying they are the reason we lost the game, but what’s the point of saying fox will never be great or buddy is a walking turnover machine or bagley will forever be a bust? Morant have a good game? It’s ok to be happy and point it out without saying fox will never be like him in the next sentence. Tatum drop 60? Wow, but do you have to say fox or buddy will never do that? I just don’t understand why people need to do that and act all surprised when they do it on a kings fan site and the kings fans stick up for their player.

I honestly don’t think any fans here doubt the talent and stardom of morant, Mitchell, Tatum Luka (hell 90% of us wanted Luka to be a king) etc. Plenty of us feel they are great but also believe fox is or can be as great. What you’re reading is probably kings fans defending a kings player when people come in the game thread or whatever and dump on fox saying he will never be as good as them or point out all his flaws and ignore the flaws of whoever they’re comparing him too. I just don’t understand the point of going to a kings fan site and crap all over a kings player. Pointing out someone messing up here and there during a game thread is fine or even saying they are the reason we lost the game, but what’s the point of saying fox will never be great or buddy is a walking turnover machine or bagley will forever be a bust? Morant have a good game? It’s ok to be happy and point it out without saying fox will never be like him in the next sentence. Tatum drop 60? Wow, but do you have to say fox or buddy will never do that? I just don’t understand why people need to do that and act all surprised when they do it on a kings fan site and the kings fans stick up for their player.
Well said.

Go back to the threads - the usual chain is as follows: poster X says X is better than Fox (not crapping on Fox, just saying e.g. Morant is better). They play head to head and Fox probably has a good game. Poster Y comes in and makes reference to the general opinion of post X while bashing player X and praising Fox. I don't want to name names, but go look at all the PHX game threads over the past few years and see how certain people kept saying Booker was terrible, just a chucker, wouldn't want him on the team etc. Same thing for Trae Young. Meanwhile you have other posters who in year 3-4 still thought Willie Cauley Stein was some unicorn defensive beast who was gonna command $15mm a year and just needed time to develop.

The whole problem is what you say - it's believing that Fox is AS great as some of these guys when he hasn't achieved diddly squat. That's called overvaluing your players, and doing so can be very detrimental to team building, for example causing you to not draft Luka because you don't want to take the ball out of Fox's hands. It gives people stupid ideas like not being willing to trade DeMarcus Cousins for 30year old LeBron James. Overvaluing the wrong player also typically results in undervaluing lesser players, who would otherwise be valuable players next to legitimate superstars. All this is not to say that Fox can't be a superstar, it's that I don't want to treat him as one when he isn't even an all star. It's altogether separate from rooting for his success. And now the same thing is happening with Hali. He looks very very promising, says and does all the right things, but I'm not ready to pencil him in as a max player for our squad after only 60 games.

Different scenario for Bagley and Buddy though. They just get hated outright.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Meanwhile, the best Euro player in the league just swept the Heat.
As a regular listener to the LeBatard show, this series reminds me of how there were Heat fans who spent last offseason saying that they were unwilling to give up Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson, to get back James Harden... I wonder how those fans feel, right about now?

Status
Not open for further replies.