NBA Playoffs, Round One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giannis called for taking too long at the free throw line. I didn’t even know that was a rule. That would’ve ruined Karl Malone

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Giannis called for taking too long at the free throw line. I didn’t even know that was a rule. That would’ve ruined Karl Malone
It's been a rule for decades. And it didn't. I remember at least one game where fans mocked Malone, by counting to ten, during his free throw routine. Happened to Dwight Howard and Jermaine O'Neal fairly often, too.

It's been a rule for decades. And it didn't. I remember at least one game where fans mocked Malone, by counting to ten, during his free throw routine. Happened to Dwight Howard and Jermaine O'Neal fairly often, too.
that’s why I mentioned Malone. I remember that too where I think it was Seattle fans that would count. I just don’t think I remember watching anybody called for it before Giannis today.

Ex-Kings to watch in the Playoffs:
Trevor Ariza - Miami Heat
Nenanja Bjelica - Miami Heat
Dewayne Dedmon - Miami Heat
Justin Jackson - Milwaukee Bucks
Willie Cauley-Stein - Dallas Mavericks
Boogie Cousins - LA Clippers
Rajon Rondo - LA Clippers
Yogi Ferrel - LA Clippers
Patrick Paterson - LA Clippers
Jabari Parker - Boston Celtics
Harry Giles - Portland Trailblazers
Seth Curry - Philadelphia 76ers
George Hill - Philadelphia 76ers
Anthony Tolliver - Philadelphia 76ers
Ben McLemore - LA Lakers
Bogdan Bogdanovic - Atlanta Hawks
Kent Bazemore - Golden State (play-in, included since he was a starter)

Ex-Kings to watch in the Playoffs:
Trevor Ariza - Miami Heat
Nenanja Bjelica - Miami Heat
Dewayne Dedmon - Miami Heat
Justin Jackson - Milwaukee Bucks
Willie Cauley-Stein - Dallas Mavericks
Boogie Cousins - LA Clippers
Rajon Rondo - LA Clippers
Yogi Ferrel - LA Clippers
Patrick Paterson - LA Clippers
Jabari Parker - Boston Celtics
Harry Giles - Portland Trailblazers
Seth Curry - Philadelphia 76ers
George Hill - Philadelphia 76ers
Anthony Tolliver - Philadelphia 76ers
Ben McLemore - LA Lakers
Bogdan Bogdanovic - Atlanta Hawks
Kent Bazemore - Golden State (play-in, included since he was a starter)
How is it that Jabari Parker can get 22 minutes on a Celtics team while being absolutely MIA on the Sacramento Kings.

He's too fat and whines alot though.

Broken body MPJ not doing too bad himself and I think has played more games than Bagley at this point lol
For all the fanbase consternation at the time (myself included, to be fair) that Vlade was rumored to be considering MPJ, it turns out that, if they had to pass on Doncic, MPJ looks so far like he would have been a much better pick than Bagley. Which invites the question, if you really were deciding between Bagley and MPJ, why not trade down?

For all the fanbase consternation at the time (myself included, to be fair) that Vlade was rumored to be considering MPJ, it turns out that, if they had to pass on Doncic, MPJ looks so far like he would have been a much better pick than Bagley. Which invites the question, if you really were deciding between Bagley and MPJ, why not trade down?
I have a feeling if we didn’t jump to 2, we prob would have taken MPJ. Then again people would be calling for Vlade’s head if we red shirted our 1st round pick. Like with a lot of things it’s a lose-lose for vlade with this fan base.

I have a feeling if we didn’t jump to 2, we prob would have taken MPJ. Then again people would be calling for Vlade’s head if we red shirted our 1st round pick. Like with a lot of things it’s a lose-lose for vlade with this fan base.
In all fairness, Kings basketball has also been lose lose for this fan base :p

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If we didn’t jump to two and took the high upside injury risk he’d get praised. Look how much the fanbase loved Giles. Believe it or not, it isn’t all about taking shots at Vlade just to take shots at Vlade. It’s taking shots at Vlade because he made the biggest screwup of a pick since at the least Darko and maybe even Bowie. If we stayed at 8 (or whatever it was that season) and took MPJ, a previous top-3 candidate before the injury flags, we’d probably be over the moon with it.

Last edited:
If we didn’t jump to two and took the high upside injury risk he’d get praised. Look how much the fanbase loved Giles. Believe it or not, it isn’t all about taking shots at Vlade just to take shots at Vlade. It’s taking shots at Vlade because he made the biggest screwup of a pick since at the least Darko and maybe even Bowie. If we stayed at 8 (or whatever it was that season) and took MPJ, a previous top-3 candidate before the injury flags, we’d probably be over the moon with it.
Hindsight is 20/20. This is based off MPJ turning out to be a good player. Bags is hurt part of the season and we label him a bust. MPJ missed the whole first season. We would not be over the moon drafting him and sitting him when both bridges were playing well and tho we didn’t need them, SGA and sexton had decent rookie years. You take high risk high upside picks at the end of the lottery til end of the draft but top 10?

I remember just a little over a year ago some of us here, including me, used to snub our noses at the Suns because of how lame they were at rebuilding..compared to us lol. I let getting the better of that Bogdan for Criss deal go to my head. Especially in those few months I thought Skal was going to be something.

but they have drafted well in mostly late lottery spots. Booker and Bridges. Smartly traded Culver for Johnson and Saric..and then chose the appropriate time to add actual valuable vets like Paul and Crowder for nothing but money and filler.

But they’re screwed if Paul is out

I feel bad about it...but the Suns being good kinda annoys me.
me too, they were supposed to be on the same trajectory as us and before the bubble last season were pretty safe as our basement brothers..but I forget that the Kings have been on the same trajectory for a record amount of time and several teams on the same trajectory have since passed us, returned, and then passed us up again

Kings would be here too if they had done a couple things, or maybe just one thing differently

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Hindsight is 20/20. This is based off MPJ turning out to be a good player. Bags is hurt part of the season and we label him a bust. MPJ missed the whole first season. We would not be over the moon drafting him and sitting him when both bridges were playing well and tho we didn’t need them, SGA and sexton had decent rookie years. You take high risk high upside picks at the end of the lottery til end of the draft but top 10?
I simply don’t agree. At all really. Because without the Sword of Luka hanging over the head of MPJ the situation with how most feel about Bagley isn’t even comparable.

Bold to assume he takes MPJ at 8.

I'd sooner think he takes Kevin Knox.

Or trades two pick swaps and two future firsts to move up to 5 and take Bagley.

I simply don’t agree. At all really. Because without the Sword of Luka hanging over the head of MPJ the situation with how most feel about Bagley isn’t even comparable.
I don't entirely agree.

The Luka situation clearly affects how he's viewed but like Buddy he's got plenty of warts on his own, who doesn't have all-time draft mishap hanging over him and is pretty maligned by the fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.