• Knicks and Cavaliers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavaliers and Pacers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Halliburton has a long wind-up, but if he gets a chance to wind-up without hurry he's very accurate. If a defensive player gets in his wind-up space, he can throw a monkey wrench in it, but none of the Knicks doing it right now.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
So tough watching Haliburton and Nesmith tear up the Knicks.

we had Haliburton
We could have traded Barnes for Nesmith and a 1st…
:(
Dude they play in a different conference get over it. The Kings roster in Indy would probably have won 55 games this year as well as the play-in tournament given how we play vs. the Lakers.

Plus they beat two of the most banged up rosters with coaches that exacerbated the situations.

Hali has had a great game but IDGAF, Pacers have had INSANELY good luck with how banged up their opponents have been. At this rate, Tatum and Brown are going to get season ending injuries in practice before game 1 of the ECFs.
Good on them though, the teams the last two seasons that have scored at the deadline have been reshaping both conferences. Adding a talent like Siakam is working.

wow. the inability to give the Pacers any credit is funny. mental gymnastics will always be at play with Haliburton lol.

did people forget that we lost to a Pelicans team without their best player in Zion?? the same Pelicans that got swept by OKC? Let's not act like we didn't have an easy path to the playoffs... the Pacers capitalized and we didn't. same story as last year's playoff run against an old GSW team

wow. the inability to give the Pacers any credit is funny. mental gymnastics will always be at play with Haliburton lol.

did people forget that we lost to a Pelicans team without their best player in Zion?? the same Pelicans that got swept by OKC? Let's not act like we didn't have an easy path to the playoffs... the Pacers capitalized and we didn't. same story as last year's playoff run against an old GSW team
Yeah, N.O. really had our number the whole year. It wasn't just the one play in game, we just couldn't beat them.

Really? I wasn't aware the GSW Warriors were missing Curry, Thompson and Green for 80% of our playoff series last year? Which would be equivalent to Milwaukee missing Giannis, Lillard, Middleton being Out or injured and NYK missing OG, Randle, Robinson, Bogdonivic, Hart, and Brunson being Out or injured.

IMHO, I'm pretty confident the Kings would had rolled through GSW had Curry, Thompson and Green been Out injured for the majority of our series last year.

Yeah, N.O. really had our number the whole year. It wasn't just the one play in game, we just couldn't beat them.

Really? I wasn't aware the GSW Warriors were missing Curry, Thompson and Green for 80% of our playoff series last year? Which would be equivalent to Milwaukee missing Giannis, Lillard, Middleton being Out or injured and NYK missing OG, Randle, Robinson, Bogdonivic, Hart, and Brunson being Out or injured.

IMHO, I'm pretty confident the Kings would had rolled through GSW had Curry, Thompson and Green been Out injured for the majority of our series last year.
Good teams take what's in front of them and win. We should've beat NO, but couldn't despite them missing their best player. Pacers took care of business against those hobbled teams in a best of 7 series.

Last year's GSW was probably the weakest in an entire decade outside of this year's team. Draymond got suspended for game 3 and we lost by almost 20pts. They got sent home packing by an old and mediocre Lakers team a round later.

I find it very ironic that the fans get very defensive when people point out that we primarily got the #3 seed last year due to all the injuries in the West.. but now that the Pacers have real post-season success, it's only because of injuries on the other side.

I find it very ironic that the fans get very defensive when people point out that we primarily got the #3 seed last year due to all the injuries in the West.. but now that the Pacers have real post-season success, it's only because of injuries on the other side.
Playing a different team every game is different than playing the same team 7 times in 2 weeks span.

Anything can happen in a 82 game season, regardless of injuries, you would be playing a different team the next night. When literally 3 (or 4) out of 5 starters are Out or injured for the majority of a seven game series (for 2 series in a row) the other team clearly has a huge advantage.

It's great that Hali and the Pacers took advantage of those injuries and got to the ECF but let's not pretend that injury didn't play a significant part on the outcomes of those series.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
The Pacers won 47 games vs 46 for the Kings despite playing a considerably harder schedule. Thinking the Kings aren’t doomed, failures, or don’t completely suck because the Pacers are having a nice post season isn’t taking anything away from the team or Haliburton. It’s pointing out that a lot of you are impossible.

The takes on this board are hilarious. So predictable. I swear there are a handful of you who get a paycheck from the Kings to diminish anything around Hali just cuz you get all butthurt when the national media talks about how our trade with them was the foundation for their success. I mean who cares, the trade was mutually beneficial although you can’t argue with the Pacers 8 playoff wins

Dude they play in a different conference get over it. The Kings roster in Indy would probably have won 55 games this year as well as the play-in tournament given how we play vs. the Lakers.

Plus they beat two of the most banged up rosters with coaches that exacerbated the situations.
Absurd. You know we play the Eastern conference 30 times a season? Our 16-14 record against the Eastern conference does not quite extend out to 55 wins. Even my 5yo can do that math

The Pacers won 47 games vs 46 for the Kings despite playing a considerably harder schedule. Thinking the Kings aren’t doomed, failures, or don’t completely suck because the Pacers are having a nice post season isn’t taking anything away from the team or Haliburton. It’s pointing out that a lot of you are impossible.
Keep the spin coming. It’s hilarious and sad at the same time. As a King fan, it’s actually more of the latter

Playing a different team every game is different than playing the same team 7 times in 2 weeks span.

Anything can happen in a 82 game season, regardless of injuries, you would be playing a different team the next night. When literally 3 (or 4) out of 5 starters are Out or injured for the majority of a seven game series (for 2 series in a row) the other team clearly has a huge advantage.

It's great that Hali and the Pacers took advantage of those injuries and got to the ECF but let's not pretend that injury didn't play a significant part on the outcomes of those series.
It’s great that Tatum and the Celtics took advantage of those injuries and got to the ECF

The takes on this board are hilarious. So predictable. I swear there are a handful of you who get a paycheck from the Kings to diminish anything around Hali just cuz you get all butthurt when the national media talks about how our trade with them was the foundation for their success. I mean who cares, the trade was mutually beneficial although you can’t argue with the Pacers 8 playoff wins
You’re right, it was mutually beneficial. I think the trade to acquire Siakam is what pushed them over the top to be able to reach the ECF though. I don’t think they go as far without that move. I think where some other posters get “defensive” are the “woulda coulda shoulda” posts as if we still had Hali we’d be in an equal situation. Impossible to know. What we do know is we acquired an All NBA Center who has helped change the culture and perception of our team. But I digress, congrats to Tyrese and the Pacers, they’ve had a hell of a run.

Good teams take what's in front of them and win. We should've beat NO, but couldn't despite them missing their best player. Pacers took care of business against those hobbled teams in a best of 7 series.

Last year's GSW was probably the weakest in an entire decade outside of this year's team. Draymond got suspended for game 3 and we lost by almost 20pts. They got sent home packing by an old and mediocre Lakers team a round later.

I’m gonna make a bingo board during the conference finals. Every Hali and Luka take you can imagine to diminish what they’ve achieved. Anything to help make us feel better about ourselves

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Absurd. You know we play the Eastern conference 30 times a season? Our 16-14 record against the Eastern conference does not quite extend out to 55 wins. Even my 5yo can do that math
Keep the spin coming. It’s hilarious and sad at the same time. As a King fan, it’s actually more of the latter
1716173569399.png

Yes, I will stand by it.
When I said our roster on their team, I include their schedule, and being based in the middle of the country, much easier travel load than being in Sac.

I’m going with my gut, cause up to now it’s been right, when we traded Hali, he is more of a leader than Fox. Fox is not as good as Hali. In deciding games, if you are being objective, you’d take Hali over Fox…….

it sucks that we traded the wrong guy.

You’re right, it was mutually beneficial. I think the trade to acquire Siakam is what pushed them over the top to be able to reach the ECF though. I don’t think they go as far without that move. I think where some other posters get “defensive” are the “woulda coulda shoulda” posts as if we still had Hali we’d be in an equal situation. Impossible to know. What we do know is we acquired an All NBA Center who has helped change the culture and perception of our team. But I digress, congrats to Tyrese and the Pacers, they’ve had a hell of a run.
Yes, Siakham was a huge piece. It took a while for them to get the chemistry right, but it was always my belief that Hali’s poor 2nd half of the season was mostly related to him having Siakam feel like a key piece of their future, even if that meant not getting nearly same amount of shots and assists pre trade. Don’t also get me started on Siakam’s skillset - had lots of debates over here why I thought he was a great fit for the team

Status
Not open for further replies.