[NBA] East Playoffs, Round Two

Who advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Smart didn't look very in those waning moments of the Bucks game. Unless the Celtics pull a miracle in the next two games I think that they are going to make a deal in the off-season for a point guard. They badly need a pg with a higher BBIQ who can take care of the ball and get it to their two stars at opportune moments down the stretch.

James Harden home day, one of my favorite annual playoff events!
'
Ever since Harden single-handedly let down the Thunder against the Heat in the finals, I've had my doubts about his performance/drive - that was like 10 years ago..... Getting close to retirement with his consistent injuries.

Karma, Karma, Karma. For the Sixers, the “process” and the Bearded Hag.

At least there’s something dependable in this world right now.
I was thinking mostly exactly the same. I still remember how these fools absolutely blamed Ben Simmons for their last exit. And how Morey dangled Simmons like bait.

Sometimes the answer is within yourself. Should've given Maxey more of a role and looked for a mid-Playoffs step-up growth like many young rookies are going through, instead of getting Harden the old Sunday-league vet.

Nobody picked them to be anywhere?
I guess he missed all the gushing about how the process was a success and set them up for a decades plus run in the NBA.

What's that? Second round playoff exit, again? :D
Shortcuts often fail. As they should when they come at the expense of paying fans.

Yeah, yeah 50+ wins and playoff appearances seem like a much better fate to many KINGS fans but so might stealing money from the bank in a game of monopoly.

Success means a lot more when it’s accomplished with integrity and in the spirit of competition.

I’m quite happy to see the 6ers fall well short every single season. And I’m a big Embiid fan. So I feel badly for him.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Shortcuts often fail. As they should when they come at the expense of paying fans.

Yeah, yeah 50+ wins and playoff appearances seem like a much better fate to many KINGS fans but so might stealing money from the bank in a game of monopoly.

Success means a lot more when it’s accomplished with integrity and in the spirit of competition.

I’m quite happy to see the 6ers fall well short every single season. And I’m a big Embiid fan. So I feel badly for him.
It's a short cut many seem happy to embrace after 16 years of mediocrity and no playoffs but I wonder how the OKC, Houston, Detroit fans are doing who are STH? It's easy for me in Portland to say tank the Kings because I can't buy tickets to the games except once a year. I know most of my friends here were NOT cool with the deadline deals the Blazers made this year even though I was like "think of the draft picks!"

But to me this multi-year tank, sit stars all year, play g-leaguers, etc. is not a product I would pay money for. But I will pay to see Fox and Sabonis once or twice a year at Moda and when I visit home.

It's a short cut many seem happy to embrace after 16 years of mediocrity and no playoffs but I wonder how the OKC, Houston, Detroit fans are doing who are STH? It's easy for me in Portland to say tank the Kings because I can't buy tickets to the games except once a year.
Exactly right. I’d venture a guess that a majority of fans in support of tanking for multiple seasons aren’t season tickets holders and don’t spend a ton of money on the product. I’d even bet they wouldn’t watch most of the 82 games or full games. Just tune in once success comes, if it comes at all.

HOU, DET and OKC have been at it for 2 full seasons, yet the sorry @$$ KINGS who have not embraced the practice are a move or two from being well ahead of them.

Sabonis, Swipa and Davion look like a nicer core to me than what those teams have. Yes, those teams have some nice young talent and up and coming studs — but are they better than the KINGS right now or even a good bet to be next season?

I know a lot depends on the upcoming draft and FA but if the KINGS are equally successful this off-season I don’t see any of those teams being better.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I was filled with all kinds of conflict over Philadelphia's elimination: on one hand, I actually like Doc Rivers, and don't actively root for him to fail, even though I sort of paradoxically find his failures endlessly amusing. And I also really like Joel Embiid; come to think of it, I think I like all the players on the 76ers, except for one... but I really, really, really don't like that "one."

On the other hand, I abhor how the 76ers have been run as an organization, ever since the Hinkie days, and I don't want to see that nonsense be rewarded. Also, I hate Philadelphia sports fans across the board, as a staff, record label and crew, and I don't want them to experience anything other than misery, at any point in time, so I enjoy seeing them go out sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.