[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (JAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Sheesh. And the Clips are paying the rest of his salary for the year. Looks like the ham sandwich is moldy and the Clippers are totally ok with that.
So that makes two teams (Pistons, Clippers) paying him not to play for them this year. Somehow I don't think he'll find a way to get to three, but maybe he'll take that as a challenge.

man, i guess a finals appearance last year, 83-40 (.675) across one-and-a-half seasons, and 30-11 (.732) to open the first half of this season in an improved eastern conference, while dealing with a major injury to kyrie irving, doesn't mean crap. the cavs must have some serious faith in tyronn lue. i mean, i've remained unconvinced that david blatt is the right coach for that team, but it's hard to argue that he could have done a helluvalot more to keep his job. does anybody know if a coach with a better record than blatt has ever been canned midseason? my suspicion would be that this is far and away the most successful team to fire their head coach before the all-star break...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very interested in Blatt!
I'd replace Karl with Blatt in a heartbeat!

Blatt has always been a players' coach in his European carreer. He specializes in working with great young talents who need some special attention and guidance, like Cuz.
Plus, his teams in Europe were always about ball movement, perrenial defense, toughness, energy & emotion... Scorers with no D were never tollerated.

He's perfect for the Kings. If we take him over Karl, he would take DMC and this team as far as anyone can.

BTW - SOMEONE IN THE CAVS' FORUMS MENTIONED THAT THE CAVS WERE AFTER COUSINS!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Blatt has always been a players' coach in his European carreer. He specializes in working with great young talents who need some special attention and guidance, like Cuz.
Plus, his teams in Europe were always about ball movement, perrenial defense, toughness, energy & emotion... Scorers with no D were never tollerated.

He's perfect for the Kings. If we take him over Karl, he would take DMC and this team as far as anyone can.

1. Our team is just starting to make some noise. Now is NOT the time to change coaches.,

2. EVERY forum has at least one thread saying their team is trying to make a deal for Cousins.

Blatt could be someone who can join the coaching staff next year, and take over for Karl(retirement or step down). However, I doubt he wants to be an assistant right now.. especially for the Kings. Maybe Omri, Vlade, and Peja can sway him our way. I think he's most likely either to take the GSW assistant job or the Timerbwolves HC job.

Except the difference is that most people seem to be under the impression that the Cavs all hated David Blatt.
well they'd better love tyronn lue, because if he's not ready for the big time, if the cavs slip after a mid season shake-up and after having such complete control of the east, that franchise is going to look mighty silly...

edit: that said, i'm not ready to credit blatt for all of the cavs' successes, but nor am i ready to credit him for any underachieving that you could accuse the cavs of...

Status
Not open for further replies.