[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (NOV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Blazers are hovering around .500 at the break they have to think about trading Lillard right?

How about Ben Simmons, Tyrese Maxey, Matisse Thybulle and a first round pick for Lillard? They could then trade CJ to a playoff contender like say Memphis for some young pieces and a pick.

Portland could role out a lineup of

Maxey
Thybulle
Powell
Simmons
Nurkic

Trade Nurkic at the deadline since he is a free agent after this season.

They would have probably 3 first round picks next season to help build around Simmons and Maxey.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
If the Blazers are hovering around .500 at the break they have to think about trading Lillard right?

How about Ben Simmons, Tyrese Maxey, Matisse Thybulle and a first round pick for Lillard? They could then trade CJ to a playoff contender like say Memphis for some young pieces and a pick.

Portland could role out a lineup of

Maxey
Thybulle
Powell
Simmons
Nurkic

Trade Nurkic at the deadline since he is a free agent after this season.

They would have probably 3 first round picks next season to help build around Simmons and Maxey.
I don't think the Sixers are willing to give up Maxey even for Lillard, although they would not get better than Lillard for the rest of that package. There's a lot of heat on Olshey right now (harassment/bullying allegations plus the general perception, which is mostly accurate, the he failed to build around Lillard and bungled the coach hire. So I am not sure if that helps or hurts the possibility of this getting done.

I don't think the Sixers are willing to give up Maxey even for Lillard, although they would not get better than Lillard for the rest of that package. There's a lot of heat on Olshey right now (harassment/bullying allegations plus the general perception, which is mostly accurate, the he failed to build around Lillard and bungled the coach hire. So I am not sure if that helps or hurts the possibility of this getting done.
I just think it’s going to take a haul to pry Dame from Portland and that package is pretty nice. The Blazers have no way to move forward and win a championship with their assets in my opinion. The Sixers need to win now too and Maxey is probably several years away from his prime. Dame, Curry, Embiid and Harris would have a pretty good shot at coming out of the East.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I just think it’s going to take a haul to pry Dame from Portland and that package is pretty nice. The Blazers have no way to move forward and win a championship with their assets in my opinion. The Sixers need to win now too and Maxey is probably several years away from his prime. Dame, Curry, Embiid and Harris would have a pretty good shot at coming out of the East.
I am curious though, even if you take out Maxey is there a better package for Dame out there? Most of the teams that could still compete after trading assets for Dame can't give up a player as good as Simmons. Maybe Indiana can put a package together. Not many other teams can I don't think. The Warriors could but they'd give up their future to stack up their already good present? So then you just get total laughers like Russ and more LA junk for Dame and filler.

Maybe the Sixer can throw in a few more picks if there is a better offer but I just don't know what it is. I am sure a lot of middling teams would swap stars, but Dame at least has shown he can will a mediocre playoff team to the WCF.

I am curious though, even if you take out Maxey is there a better package for Dame out there? Most of the teams that could still compete after trading assets for Dame can't give up a player as good as Simmons. Maybe Indiana can put a package together. Not many other teams can I don't think. The Warriors could but they'd give up their future to stack up their already good present? So then you just get total laughers like Russ and more LA junk for Dame and filler.

Maybe the Sixer can throw in a few more picks if there is a better offer but I just don't know what it is. I am sure a lot of middling teams would swap stars, but Dame at least has shown he can will a mediocre playoff team to the WCF.
yeh I always thought Denver would be a good trade partner for Portland. Jamal Murray and MPJ plus filler would make the Nuggets a more serious contender and jump start a rebuild for the Blazers. MPJs recent surgery probably ends that possibility. Celtics for Brown and picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.