[NBA] Comments that don't merit their own thread (TDOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Isaac looks much more like a PF in his SL display. He's really stiff and has troubles creating separation. Such a raw player. He flashes the same potential as he did at FSU. I think it'll come down to whether or not he has the instincts to score. In his brief 2 games at SL, he's still not an aggressive scorer.

After giving the Hayward situation more thought, the NBA needs to have some type of compensatory pick rule in place, similar to that of MLB's to prevent teams from loosing their franchise players without compensation. For example if the original team makes a qualifying offer and the player signs with another team, the team that signs the player gives up their next first round pick. This type of rule might be a way to keep small market teams competitive and limit the ability to form"super teams."

After giving the Hayward situation more thought, the NBA needs to have some type of compensatory pick rule in place, similar to that of MLB's to prevent teams from loosing their franchise players without compensation. For example if the original team makes a qualifying offer and the player signs with another team, the team that signs the player gives up their next first round pick. This type of rule might be a way to keep small market teams competitive and limit the ability to form"super teams."
It is gut punch for sure. The frustrating part of this is that there is nothing that we could have done differently to change the outcome. The Jazz ad an organization did everything right.

Every year I get closes and closer to not caring about the NBA. Even if we find a future all star in the draft he probably won't stay and so why even watch? It stings too much.

It is gut punch for sure. The frustrating part of this is that there is nothing that we could have done differently to change the outcome. The Jazz ad an organization did everything right.

Every year I get closes and closer to not caring about the NBA. Even if we find a future all star in the draft he probably won't stay and so why even watch? It stings too much.
https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/882303532724080641
The Jazz spent four years building the right way to make a really good 5th seed 2nd round team and lost it a month later.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I doubt the Jazz will be in the Lottery.
late lottery? they lost their only all-star player from last season and replaced 17 PPG and 4APG from Hill for Rubio who averaged 11 PPG and 9 APG, I know Hill only played 49 games but he was still a part of their success. Overall, Utah is losing nearly 40 PPG and replacing it with a PG who can't shoot and a rookie, for a team that all ready stuggles to score, I just don't see how they make up for it and win 45-50 games and make the postseason.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

I can't be bothered to feel sympathy for the Jazz: you declined to offer him the five-year rookie extension, and instead told him to go prove he deserved it. You should consider yourselves fortunate that he stayed with you this long.

Also, didn't you guys boo when they announced he was drafted?

Someone tells me the start of the season has been moved up two weeks so that there will be no back-to-backs. ?es no verdad? Haven't seen it on here.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
So it looks like the Blazers were able to dump Crabbe to the Nets (who signed him to the offer sheet in the first place) without having to give up a pick, taking back possible waiver-bait Andrew Nicholson.

Kinda puts the damper on our (old) hopes that we could eat a contract for picks, largely because the Nets are not all that smart

Well, the Nets were the team that signed him to that massive offer sheet so they certainly liked him last year, but I'm not sure after watching him last season why they'd sign up for more of that.

Also, how many wings do the Nets have now? DeMarre Carroll, Caris LeVert, Archie Goodwin, Joe Harris, Sean Kilpatrick, Rondae Hollis-Jeferson and now Crabbe?

Status
Not open for further replies.