Most memorable Kings moments

KP said:
Mike Bibby hitting the game winning shot in game 5 of the 02 WCFs.
Ditto on this! Even though we didnt win the damn series, it still is one of the greatest moments of my life, I remember when he hit the shot, and when Kobe missed the final shot(even though he was probably fouled), I remember running up K St., ripping my shirt off, and screaming my *** off!! People were flooding K St. afterwards screaming...it was as if we just won the Championship. I remember seeing alot of those folks with tears of joy in their eyes...much like myself. Damn...*pondering*:)

Probably my second most memorable moment in Kings history was summer 1989, watching channel 3 break the news of Ricky Berry commiting suicide. I cried. So much promise...such a huge future ahead. R.I.P.

This was easy.
My most memorable moment is the first home playoff game in 50 years or so with Mitch and the boys. When they came out of the tunnel, the fans yelled for over 15 minutes (my tamborine broke). We lost (big suprise)

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
1. Peja as 7th pick in 95 or 96 draft
2. Mitch for CWebb
3. Sacto Kings winning their first playoff game in Seattle in 96 while sitting in Clint Eastwoods Hogs Head Inn in Carmel.
4. Skinners block of Shawn Marions attempted tomahawk dunk this year.
5. Vlade swatting away rebound at end of game 4 in LA, one of my biggest uppers ever ..... right to Horry, my biggest downer ever 2 seconds later.

not necessarily in that order. couldn't pick one, and there is probably more

1)Meeting Wayman Tisdale
2)Meeting first year Sac King Terry Tyler outside Arco I(I was young and remember him being HUGE)
3)going to airport after Kings came back from Utah + slapping C-Webb's hand when he drove by.
4)The first Kings game I attended at Arco I when they played Indiana Pacers

Last edited:
C

Coach

The first game at the old Arco was against the Clippers.

Unless you mean the first time the Kings played the Pacers at old Arco.

I have so many that they're hard to remember....

1. Ofcoarse Mike's Game 5 shot.

2. When Kobe elbowed Mike in the face during game 6 (I think it was 6)

3. I will NEVER forget the end of Game 7, when Phil Jackson switched up the players while Mike was at the free-throw line. Mike was so pissed, you could tell it. But he still sunk them to get us to overtime....that was the most stressfull moment ever!

4. When Vlade fouled out in game 7, going after the loose ball.

5. As someone said, "C-Webb's patented "fake hand-off/turn around jumper" for three vs the rockets sending the game to overtime..."-that was amazing.

6. And I also remember that game where we were down like 5 with a few seconds left, and Barnes came up with that quick steal on the inbound and be ended up winning the game. I don't remember who we were playing, or if anyone else remembers it, but it was amazing.

7. When Webber got traded. Call me crazy, but I cried for days. I even cried myself to sleep the first night. I'll never forget that, since it was really the end of my team.

8. Hehe, Miller's foul on KG when he was actually touching his head! :D

9. When Brad knocked the guy to the ground for hitting him between the legs. :D (lol, all my memories of Brad are funny haha)

10. And probably the best-the feeling that my team was made of friends and players. I'll never forget the chemistry they had, and despite that all of it's gone, I'll never move on, because it was such an important part of my life...but I hope I'll never forget it.

I think that's enough, though I could name a thoasand more...:)

One of my favorite memories is the old Arco Arena. Everyone stomping their feet on the wooden bleachers and the noise meter (remember the noise meter?) going thru the roof. Good times. That was really a special place.

vj9999 said:
You mean when Mike's face fouled Kobe's elbow? ;)
Technically, it was Christie's face that fouled Kobe's elbow on another play. The foul on Bibby came a few moments later after the no-call when Bryant elbowed him before the inbounds.

Not that those were memorable moments for me or anything.

6. And I also remember that game where we were down like 5 with a few seconds left, and Barnes came up with that quick steal on the inbound and be ended up winning the game. I don't remember who we were playing, or if anyone else remembers it, but it was amazing.
Knicks?

i forgot what game it was and who they were playing, but chris hit a big shot and when he got off the court, mike was there to say a few words to him, with chris replying, "yeah, i know." and mike slapping his butt before they sit on the bench. i always remember this and always put in my own little "commentary" on what mike might've said. mike: "that was hella lucky." chris: "yeah, i know."

and one of the first few games when cuttino was traded last season, cavs at kings, and mike got his triple-double and everyone on the bench jumped up and was all happy for him. when he got the rebound, chris, brad, matt, and almost the rest of the bench jumped up and cheered for him.

Gotta go with Mouse. My first NBA game was at the old Arco and it was the Celtics with Larry. The place was NUTS!!! I was hooked......... I have not missed a Kings game since.

by may3one
and one of the first few games when cuttino was traded last season, cavs at kings, and mike got his triple-double and everyone on the bench jumped up and was all happy for him. when he got the rebound, chris, brad, matt, and almost the rest of the bench jumped up and cheered for him.

hehe, ofcoarse I remember that one!

I'll also never forget the Kings first game against the 76ers when Webber was traded. Chris stole the ball from Mike on one of the first plays and got a layup, and you could see Mike chasing behind him, ALL smiles hehe. Shows how good of friends they were. ;)

I'll never forget Mike and Chris's appearance on the Tonight Show either. Seeing Mike so shy and Chris making jokes was so funny. Especially when Leno questioned the officiating and everything went quiet haha. :D

fuzzy said:
Gotta go with Mouse. My first NBA game was at the old Arco and it was the Celtics with Larry. The place was NUTS!!! I was hooked......... I have not missed a Kings game since.
oh hell yeah, Arco was going crazy, I remember watching that game on TV, my mom kept telling me to go to bed...I wasnt having ANY of that. That was the biggest win of that season(at least for exposure, that is). Hell, even Joe Kleine contributed that game...Rich Kelley, too. That was a fun team that, even though only won 37 games, made me fall in love with the team...and that feeling hasnt diminished, to this date.

SacTown said:

hehe, ofcoarse I remember that one!

I'll also never forget the Kings first game against the 76ers when Webber was traded. Chris stole the ball from Mike on one of the first plays and got a layup, and you could see Mike chasing behind him, ALL smiles hehe. Shows how good of friends they were. ;)

I'll never forget Mike and Chris's appearance on the Tonight Show either. Seeing Mike so shy and Chris making jokes was so funny. Especially when Leno questioned the officiating and everything went quiet haha. :D
That was a classic! Loved it and willl never forget it......

may3one said:
i forgot what game it was and who they were playing, but chris hit a big shot and when he got off the court, mike was there to say a few words to him, with chris replying, "yeah, i know." and mike slapping his butt before they sit on the bench. i always remember this and always put in my own little "commentary" on what mike might've said. mike: "that was hella lucky." chris: "yeah, i know."

I almost forgot about Mikes Triple-Double last year...yea that one did hit the spot. That was really nice to see the guys click like that.