Mike Brown

With the Kings win and Portland's loss tonight our humble squad is now 1 game back of the division lead and 1.5 games back of the top team in the conference. Everywhere you look the metrics are sky high and suggest we're even better than our record so far. This Mike Brown guy sure seems like a keeper!
The West is truly pillaging itself. 9 teams within 1.5 games of each other 15-16 games into the year is pretty bonkers.

I'd like to give a shot out to this man.

Who said that leaders cannot come from head coaches? At a time when we have no natural leader in the lockeroom but great talent, a man like this comes to us. I wasn't 100% on the hire I'll admit, but he's won me over with those quick time outs and teaching right in the game.

Would this work for every team? Hell no. But Kings seems to legit have no egos on the team witch is refreshing and allows for this type of coach at the perfect time.

gunks

Hall of Famer
So far so good with Brown!

It'll be interesting to see how the team defense comes along later in the season, as that end of the court tends to take much longer to get clicking. If Brown can get this team to average on D, we're going to be winning a lot more games.

Hard to complain when we have the best start since '04 (right? Or was it '05? Either way..)!

What i love is the joy he is bringing to this team.
In re the joy, I think Brown, Domas, and Monk are the key, probably the latter two more than anything. Domas just seems like a genuinely happy, upbeat guy, incredibly supportive teammate, and Monk's equally energetic, fun, extroverted, feisty... (Huerter seems quieter, but with that low-key sharp wit.) They are the heart of the team attitudinally.

I've really been impressed by how hard they root for each other. Even Richaun, who's GOT to be disappointed to go from one of the feel-good stories to chronic-DNP in a short period of time, seems as jazzed as anybody for his teammates when good things happen. Just a good mix of guys - easy, EASY to root for.

Saw a
So far so good with Brown!

It'll be interesting to see how the team defense comes along later in the season, as that end of the court tends to take much longer to get clicking. If Brown can get this team to average on D, we're going to be winning a lot more games.

Hard to complain when we have the best start since '04 (right? Or was it '05? Either way..)!
saw a stat that said we were #16 in defensive rating in the last ten games. So it’s an improvement

Saw a
saw a stat that said we were #16 in defensive rating in the last ten games. So it’s an improvement
On the season overall the Kings are 22nd of 30 (113.6) - still bad but nice improvement over last year (114.8), when they finished 27th, and WAY better than the 2021-22 season (116.5), when they were dead-last by more than a point/game.

I do imagine that their defensive ceiling is about average w/this personnel. But if they can be average defensively from here on out while remaining, say, top-5 offensively, the playoff drought ends with a flourish!

I'd like to give a shot out to this man.

Who said that leaders cannot come from head coaches? At a time when we have no natural leader in the lockeroom but great talent, a man like this comes to us. I wasn't 100% on the hire I'll admit, but he's won me over with those quick time outs and teaching right in the game.

Would this work for every team? Hell no. But Kings seems to legit have no egos on the team witch is refreshing and allows for this type of coach at the perfect time.
That’s such a rare thing, too, to have skilled gifted players that are grounded and receptive to his coaching. Very similar to the relationship Pop had with Duncan, Manu, and Parker.

What a great interview and an outstanding hire. Like you, I was kind of “meh” at first but had no idea what we’d been missing.

hell, if we make the playoffs I think he should be a strong candidate.
.500 or better and a playoff spot and he's a frontrunner, no doubt. With the tailwind of breaking a 16-year playoff drought - are you kidding me?

OTOH, if, say, Utah/Portland/Indy continue to surprise those coaches will be very much in the mix too. And should be.

.500 or better and a playoff spot and he's a frontrunner, no doubt. With the tailwind of breaking a 16-year playoff drought - are you kidding me?

OTOH, if, say, Utah/Portland/Indy continue to surprise those coaches will be very much in the mix too. And should be.
Yeah, kind of hard to imagine Brown not winning Coach of the Year if the Kings enter the playoffs as a top-6 seed. A play-in result would make it more of a toss-up, but in either case, his chances would be excellent because of the 16-year drought and the coaching carousel the Kings have been on during that span. To be the guy who snaps that streak, bringing an end to the "Kangz" as we've known them... that's something that voters around the league would likely want to recognize.