Mike Brown Introductory Press Conference

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Good interview (as expected with Coach Brown). Interesting to note that he comes into the job at the same age as Adelman (52), with the same number of seasons of NBA head coaching experience (8 - though he did get canned real early in year 7, unlike Rick), and most recently out of Golden State (though Mike had a lot more success there). If Brown can be our next Adelman, I know Kings fans will be in for a great ride!

Good interview (as expected with Coach Brown). Interesting to note that he comes into the job at the same age as Adelman (52), with the same number of seasons of NBA head coaching experience (8 - though he did get canned real early in year 7, unlike Rick), and most recently out of Golden State (though Mike had a lot more success there). If Brown can be our next Adelman, I know Kings fans will be in for a great ride!
Did you notice how giddy McNair was? He really likes Brown. Good sign.

Yeah, Brown is way more inspiring than Walton. I hope he is the one.
Always good to make it through your initial press conference without any sexual harassment allegations. He's already got one up on Luke.

In all seriousness... I'm completely impressed with Coach Brown's press conference. For some reason I had the impression of him as being somewhat of a lackey from his days in Cleveland. Maybe he's just matured with age, but he's got a clear vision and a clear voice. He absolutely presents as the leader this organization needs. Doesn't guarantee success, but certainly fills me with much more optimism.

Always good to make it through your initial press conference without any sexual harassment allegations. He's already got one up on Luke.

In all seriousness... I'm completely impressed with Coach Brown's press conference. For some reason I had the impression of him as being somewhat of a lackey from his days in Cleveland. Maybe he's just matured with age, but he's got a clear vision and a clear voice. He absolutely presents as the leader this organization needs. Doesn't guarantee success, but certainly fills me with much more optimism.
I had a terrible impression of him as a coattail rider and it was only once he made it to the final three I dove into his full resume and bio and realized he was basically everything we wanted out of a "young up and coming coach" - right tree, right ethic, innovative, "brains behind the muscle" type. I still had the retread vibe, then he brought on two assistants that seem to meet the mold of the "young up and coming assistant that gets hired as a head coach" plus the savvy vet guy that you have to hire to support that young assistant in Triano.

By Sacramento standards I don't think you can do better, and this isn't the Mark Jackson talking.

Man, those years coaching under Kerr have really softened Mike Brown up a lot. Guy's much more relaxed and interesting to watch than he was in Cleveland.
he's funny but that's gotta be a CBA violation?

he kind of alluded to some of the non bench assistants there, does anyone know who the 3 point shooting coach that was working with Sabonis signed with (he said he was joining a team full time?)