MB3 & Jerry Reynolds

Trust Jerry Reynolds because he knows what he is looking at when Marvin is on the floor.
One of the great things about this homestand is the unabashed praise that Jerry has heaped on MB3. It's not really Doug's style to do that, plus, Bagley hadn't been getting a whole lot of minutes for a lot of the time prior to this homestand, but to have Jerry just tell the audience straight up that this guy is the real deal, likely averaging 24 pts a game soon, could very well end up being the best from his draft class (yes, Luka included), etc... I think our fanbase needed to hear that. It really is a big impact our announcers have on the casual fan.

I'm so happy for Jerry that he got to be a part of this homestand. It really was kind of a statement stretch of games where the season hung in the balance, it would determine if we were going to have a legit shot at a playoff spot or start to trickle down to where the Mavs are. Jerry absolutely deserved this moment, and it was perfect, and he was perfect. He was in FINE form. I hope we can keep bringing him back for a few games every year for a few more years.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
One of the great things about this homestand is the unabashed praise that Jerry has heaped on MB3. It's not really Doug's style to do that, plus, Bagley hadn't been getting a whole lot of minutes for a lot of the time prior to this homestand, but to have Jerry just tell the audience straight up that this guy is the real deal, likely averaging 24 pts a game soon, could very well end up being the best from his draft class (yes, Luka included), etc... I think our fanbase needed to hear that. It really is a big impact our announcers have on the casual fan.

I'm so happy for Jerry that he got to be a part of this homestand. It really was kind of a statement stretch of games where the season hung in the balance, it would determine if we were going to have a legit shot at a playoff spot or start to trickle down to where the Mavs are. Jerry absolutely deserved this moment, and it was perfect, and he was perfect. He was in FINE form. I hope we can keep bringing him back for a few games every year for a few more years.
Jerry is going to do 4 more games in March. :)