Magic at Pacers in Indiana

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
My heart goes out to the thousands of Pacer fans who paid GOOD money for tongiht's game, thinking they were gonna see a decent game.

I think the players who end up suspended should have to pay back all the fans...

^I second that notion...

On the other hand, if the Magic do not win, it would just be sad.

...Off topic, but am I the only one who is still having some difficulty believing last night happened despite seeing it on live TV?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Pacers starting lineup:

James Jones
Eddie Gill
David Harrison
Fred Jones
Austin Croshere

Jamaal Tinsley's shooting hand was injured last night, so he won't be playing, either. And, to top it all off, the Pacers only have ONE guy to play off the bench. The Pacers are gonna get KILLED!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Harrison already has his 1st foul in the 1st 2 min of play. They better be careful. Can't afford foul trouble.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I get the feeling that Johnny Davis is subconsciously holding his players back; if he just told them to attack the basket, Indiana wouldn't have any chance whatsoever.

Orlando can get the Pacers into a "6 foul" situation easily, but I can almost understand if their hearts aren't in it.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
They just showed Pollard in uniform tonight. He's been having back problems. We'll see if he can play. He is in uniform because NBA rules say that 8 players must be in uniform. Don't know who else is dressed in a uni.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's a shame they can't do a "24-hour draft" or something for the Pacers. It looks like at least a couple of the fans might be able to at least fill the roster.

Conseco is usually almost as loud as Arco. It's almost tomb-like. This is just a black mark on all of basketball. It's like the fans can't quite believe what's happened, either...

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Pacers starting lineup:

James Jones
Eddie Gill
David Harrison
Fred Jones
Austin Croshere
who?

haha

but yeah i too feel sorry for the fans...honestly...if i were a pacer fan i don't think i would of even gone...i mean i would of still been upset about last nights game...plus...they basically suspended their team...or should i say the 3 guys who make that team...thats too bad for the fans...::sigh::

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
You know, I respect Rick Carlisle and the Pacers players for the heart they've shown tonight; they could be well on their way to making me eat my words... That being said, if Orlando loses to a six-player Pacers squad, Johnny Davis should probably be fired on the spot.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I'll eat crow; I completely underestimated the pride and the heart of the Indiana Pacers; despite being hopelessly undermanned, they've been in this game the whole way, and still actually have a shot at winning.

That being said, if I were the GM or the President of the Orlando Magic, I'd be calling Johnny Davis everything but a child of God right now; the Pacers aren't just down four players, they're down four STARTERS. This shouldn't be a two point game; this shouldn't even be a THIRTY-TWO point game. And, if the Pacers somehow pull out the win, Davis should be fired.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Since93, I think you may have misunderstood. I don't see anyone "making fun of" the Pacers. They have done a fantastic job even being in this game. It could very well have been a blowout considering that so many starters are unable to play.

I happen to be a Pacer fan. They are my favorite team in the East. I give the bench big props for tonights game. A couple of their guys had to play the entire 48 minutes. Can't be easy for anyone, much less someone who is not used to getting many minutes at all.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
And, if the Pacers somehow pull out the win, Davis should be fired.
You do know that he has the worst tema in the NBA last year over .500 and in the playoffs (as of right now) right? ;)

Just one game, and kind of a dangerous one really -- this is a HUGE opportunity for the Indiana guys getting minutes, and you know they really realyl want to pull this off. Not quite the same situation as a team 20 games under .500 and beat up and playing a meaningless game in March. Indiana's guys have a lot to prove, and I'm sure there's a significant "win one for the psycho" sentiment too.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
ReinadelosReys said:
So...what's the score? Is it over? Who won?
5.7 sec left...Magic lead by 3...pacer ball

Magic win, but not because the Pacers didn't try. Home town crowd give their guys a HUGE ovation for a hard fought game.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Bricklayer said:
You do know that he has the worst tema in the NBA last year over .500 and in the playoffs (as of right now) right? ;)
Worst team in the NBA last year? In name only; their entire starting lineup is different from last season. Hell, three-fifths of their starting lineup came from a team that made the playoffs last season.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Since93 said:
Pacers deserve our respect.
I don't think one should make fun of them. :mad:
Excuse me? WTF are you talking about?

I admire and respect the Indiana Pacers. I never said anything that could be construed as making fun of them. In fact, my late (as in deceased) father was a really big Pacer fan, as I'm pretty sure a lot of people on this board could tell you.

I was saying it was a shame they couldn't use a couple of the very tall, athletic young men I had just seen on the screen.

They will definitely be looking around the NBDL, FA lists,overseas, CBA and other such places for some players, if for nothing else some 10 day contracts-or more. Who knows, sometimes you get lucky and find a Jimmy Jackson lying around.

Viking said:
...Off topic, but am I the only one who is still having some difficulty believing last night happened despite seeing it on live TV?
Nope, I'm right there with you. "Surreal" does not even begin to describe it.

If they didn't charge good money for exhibition games I'd say folks should at least be refunded down to what the exhibition game price would be, not just tonight but for any venue in which this depleted team will play. Man, the aftereffects of last night are going to be long reaching.... ::sigh::

VF21 said:
I was saying it was a shame they couldn't use a couple of the very tall, athletic young men I had just seen on the screen.
Suggesting they use a couple of fans to fill up their roster to me is making fun of them.
Maybe I overact. I say sorry for that... :(