Los Angeles Dodgers fans....

I know most on this forum are not baseball fans, but ANOTHER fan beat down after a Dodgers' game????? Sorry if any of you are Dodger fans, but this makes me absolutely sick to my stomach.....

I had sympathy for you "nice" Dodger fans after the first beatdown (which was dealt to a fan of my favorite team, BTW), but now this?????? Sorry, but......

Stay trashy, Dodger Nation. Stay trashy.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
This particular incident was over a traffic accident, and so far as I have read did not involve "fandom" at all - that is to say, it could have happened anytime, anywhere, and had it not happened in the parking lot of the Dodgers it would never have registered in the sports world. It was not "sports hooliganism" it was just regular old hooliganism.

That said, it's good to know that as a result of an incident which occurred over 400 miles from where I live, which I was not involved in, which I did not condone, I am now officially "not nice" and "trashy" because I continue to root for my childhood hometown baseball team.

You know, several years back I was sitting in the upper deck in Oakland at a Bay Bridge series game, when a brawl started up in the section next to me between A's fans and Giants fans. Two combatants took it into the aisle and ended up tumbling each other down the stairs from about row V, fortunately stopping when they hit the railing at the bottom instead of launching into the lower deck. I never thought to apply my disdain for those individuals to the Giants and A's fanbases as a whole, but given your charity above, perhaps I'll start.

This particular incident was over a traffic accident, and so far as I have read did not involve "fandom" at all - that is to say, it could have happened anytime, anywhere, and had it not happened in the parking lot of the Dodgers it would never have registered in the sports world. It was not "sports hooliganism" it was just regular old hooliganism.

That said, it's good to know that as a result of an incident which occurred over 400 miles from where I live, which I was not involved in, which I did not condone, I am now officially "not nice" and "trashy" because I continue to root for my childhood hometown baseball team.

You know, several years back I was sitting in the upper deck in Oakland at a Bay Bridge series game, when a brawl started up in the section next to me between A's fans and Giants fans. Two combatants took it into the aisle and ended up tumbling each other down the stairs from about row V, fortunately stopping when they hit the railing at the bottom instead of launching into the lower deck. I never thought to apply my disdain for those individuals to the Giants and A's fanbases as a whole, but given your charity above, perhaps I'll start.

OK, might have gone far with the "nice" comment, as one of my good friends is a Dodger fan, and he is a cool dude, so I take that comment back...

the last comment was not generalized towards the entire Dodger fanbase, but rather those who resort to physical needs in order to "prove" something, whatever that "something" may be...Factorial, apologies if I offended you, but I hope my clarification(s) clears things up a bit...the incident you speak of, to the best of my knowledge, has been the only incident between Giants and A's fans in recent memory. The one I speak of is not the first to happen after a Dodgers game...

These aren't sports fans. They're just thugs. I don't care if it's sports related or not. Any team in LA will have retards stirring s*** up. You think DTLA got burned down pretty bad when the lakers won championships? It'll be 10 times worse if the dodgers win.

My hooligan comment was just pre-emptively aimed for the day I dread, when something happens at an MLS match.

I actually went to the last Galaxy-Timbers game in LA and met a lot of very nice LA fans, they hooked us up at their tail gate and were very gracious hosts post-game as well. At some point I was reminded that many were also Dodger and Laker fans. Then I went back to hating them.

Honestly the crime rate at Dodger Stadium is probably lower per capita than throughout LA.

However, this incident, while not sports related, is sports fan related, and is LA sports fan related, and really, is basically LA related. Translation: probably a higher proportion of idiots in LA than in other cities like SF and Sacramento. But we knew that already.

That said, I've seen my share of, not violence, but shenanigans at A's games when I was a kid, 25 years ago. Once, in the bleacher area, I saw a verrrry drunk guy FALL from about a 30 foot ledge, smacking hard onto the cement ground next to me in a crowd. May have died. Don't know, I skidaddled. (the adults helped of course)

I was also at an A's game with my father when I got my first whiff of marijuana, which I realized in retrospect maybe 7 years later. Apparently Pops knew what it was like a bloodhound and immediately told the party people to "get that crap outta here."

Also, stadiums are where I think most youngsters get their first taste of the wrong side of the law... who hasn't felt the rush of being with a parent trying to buy tickets off a scalper? I have, but somehow that was always more fun with my ex-WWII fighter pilot Texas-born Grandfather, than with my Mom in a station wagon, 4 kids in tow!

Good times.

Last edited: