Looking ahead to the 2022 Draft

Way stronger base? I saw a 6'5" college player bump into him and he crumpled like a top-heavy leggo set. C'mon. I don't buy at all that he is stronger than Porzingas. And even if he were, that's not saying much. He has a lot of nice attributes, but in the strength category he's at the bottom of the barrel, which unfortunately for him is extremely important for bigs in the NBA. He's a very risky pick in the top of the draft.
Not that many guys bully Porizngis or even try to due to his length they go around far more than through him, if he's as strong as Zinger or will be he will be more than fine.

Has anyone here actually scouted legitimate tape from Sharpe or are people just going off of what other people/articles have said along with the tape of him dribbling around cones and dunking by himself?

I just feel like he's way too risky to take due to all the question marks surrounding him. Tons of all world talent HS players disappoint in college. I just feel like the odds are against you if you reach for him.

Has anyone here actually scouted legitimate tape from Sharpe or are people just going off of what other people/articles have said along with the tape of him dribbling around cones and dunking by himself?

I just feel like he's way too risky to take due to all the question marks surrounding him. Tons of all world talent HS players disappoint in college. I just feel like the odds are against you if you reach for him.
Yeah I don't get it. The profile/archetype is absolutely intriguing, but people are just running with him being the #1 high school prospect, the profile, and some random workout vids/high school film. The hot-takes firing after the lotto on twitter were hilarious on how high is upside is..like how do you know? lol

Meanwhile, KM just put up like a historically awesome offensive season dominating college basketball, plays a premium position in the NBA, can shoot, gives you rim protection from the 4.... but he's too "safe"?

Pretty good measurements for almost everyone.

I was hoping Liddell would be a bit bigger. He's one of my favorites in the middle to late first round.

For comparison:

PJ Washington was 6'8" in shoes, 7'2.25" wingspan, 8'10" standing reach, 230.4 lbs, 8.6% body fat

Grant Williams was 6'7.5" in shoes, 6'9.75" wingspan, 8'8.5" standing reach, 240.2 lbs, 5.4% body fat

So not awful measurements for Liddell and I don't think it hurts his draft stock, but nothing that would help bump it up either.

Yeah I don't get it. The profile/archetype is absolutely intriguing, but people are just running with him being the #1 high school prospect, the profile, and some random workout vids/high school film.

Meanwhile, KM just put up like a historically awesome offensive season dominating college basketball, plays a premium position in the NBA, can shoot, gives you rim protection from the 4.... but he's too "safe"?
Not only that but scouting HS tape is much different than college. I admit that I don't have enough experience with it to be able to tell if a player is legitimate or not. Also, most people aren't watching complete HS games either. Highlight reels are the worst way to scout a player.

I really like Murray myself but I do get the "safe" talk since he's not particularly great at any one thing. The thing that he's best at, the low post work and interior scoring, isn't really a premium in the NBA anymore.

If he can shoot, I think he'll be a great addition to the Kings. Still not sold on his shooting but I like his shooting better than Davis, Banchero and Agbaji.

I'm a fan of his brother Kris as well. I can see him being a solid 3&D player in the future.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
So if I didn't miss them, we don't get anthro measurements on Smith/Holmgren/Banchero/Ivey/Murray? We did get them on Sharpe, so he must not be real confident of being a top-5 guy.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Not that many guys bully Porizngis or even try to due to his length they go around far more than through him, if he's as strong as Zinger or will be he will be more than fine.
In a couple of years we'll have a pretty good picture on the percentage of games played vs. the percentage injured. It's not just about how opposing players attack him, it's about the normal contact of games when guy like PJ Tucker, Marcus Morris, Smart, Grant Williams and many many others slam into his lower body. Time will finally and certainly tell, but I'm not swinging for the fence with him in the top 5.

We're drafting way out of his range at this point but those are good/great numbers for Tari.
They didn’t post his hand size. The kid has K Leonard size hands. Largest (widest) hands in the combine with 11” long.

The way he plays defense and shoots free throws he is going to move up the boards. He definately has to be in the conversation for us at 4 and I could see OKC grabbing him at 3.

Last edited:
So was very intrigued by Eason but concerned about his length. Given what we know about his length, defense, hand size, and ability to run on the break he would be my pick. With he and Mitchell we would have a pair of lock down defenders that could limit penetration. I also think he will be a good catch and shoot 3.

I would also go Orlando Robinson as my second round pick and put him at the 4 next to Sabonis.