Lensanity prevails!

Does ordering make any difference here? Like make the agreement, but physically sign the deal after others have been completed?

The new cap stuff is so confusing to me.

Kingz19

Hall of Famer
I’m not surprised Len is returning. Actually, I was sure he would be retained…except I expected it to come after all other moves were made to avoid the appearance of running it back.

Because they can’t be running it back..right?

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I’m not surprised Len is returning. Actually, I was sure he would be retained…except I expected it to come after all other moves were made to avoid the appearance of running it back.

Because they can’t be running it back..right?
If that's the plan I'm not sure what Monty needs to clear all the salary he knocked out the last couple days.

From my calculations, Kings are now around 7.5M$ under the 1st apron with 13 players under contract (including Carter) + 3 two-way contracts.

If I understand it correctly, they will be hard-capped at this 1st apron if they use more than 5M$ from the MLE, or if they make a trade with more incoming salaries than they send.

All good moves so far.

Monk and Len are valueable contributors; Sasha and Davion were not.

I don't care if Sasha can shoot, if he can't stay in front of someone or defend at an NBA level then he is a waste of cap space. Davion can defend and stay in front of others, but he is basically what you see is what you get at this point. He filled in great for Fox as a starter, but as a reserve looked terrible more times than not. He's not a reliable shooter, can't run an offense, and literally made me cringe every time he took it to the rack.

All good moves so far.

Monk and Len are valueable contributors; Sasha and Davion were not.

I don't care if Sasha can shoot, if he can't stay in front of someone or defend at an NBA level then he is a waste of cap space. Davion can defend and stay in front of others, but he is basically what you see is what you get at this point. He filled in great for Fox as a starter, but as a reserve looked terrible more times than not. He's not a reliable shooter, can't run an offense, and literally made me cringe every time he took it to the rack.
Davion was extremely solid the 2nd half of the season on both ends.

A complete nobrainer at that price. Knows the system, happy with his role, impactful on the defensive end. Can we now just stop looking for another option at backup center, keep him as your one big body center off the bench, and play him a consistent 15 minutes a game (matchups willing) from the start of the year?
Amen. They need a reliable bigger body than Sabonis. Now just commit to using him for a full season

Davion was extremely solid the 2nd half of the season on both ends.
Yep he made up for the horrible 1st half of the year. Teams left him open for part of the year and even after an "extremely solid second half" shot 36% from 3 for the season.

He was not an offensive threat. I was fairly surprised drafting two of the best defensively (by stats) really had so little impact.

You could see him lock people up and he took a lot of charges last year, but we have better guards, specifically Ellis who is as good defensively (if not better) and vastly better offensively.

Yep he made up for the horrible 1st half of the year. Teams left him open for part of the year and even after an "extremely solid second half" shot 36% from 3 for the season.

He was not an offensive threat. I was fairly surprised drafting two of the best defensively (by stats) really had so little impact.

You could see him lock people up and he took a lot of charges last year, but we have better guards, specifically Ellis who is as good defensively (if not better) and vastly better offensively.
Not going to trash Davion. He was good at maximizing all he had, but he would be out of the rotation with our new pick. It’s as simple as that.

Davion was over 40% from 3 the 2nd half of the year. I’m not disagreeing that Ellis may be more impactful, but I question him being “vastly” better offensively. Davion is better getting downhill and they are similar shooters. Teams leave both Davion and Ellis open, so we’ll see if Ellis can prove to teams he can shoot it consistently.

At a veterans minimum, a very favorable deal for us.

I do think we ought to have at least two capable backup bigs on the roster, so I think there's a little more work to do here.