Kyle Kuzma on the Kings radar (again)?

I still can’t figure out why OG would be available. My guess is he isn’t. Wrecking the league defensively and averaging 19 a game all before his prime. If Toronto decides to rebuild for some reason, I’d think it would be around Barnes and OG. Plus, they could get a lot more for Pascal right now.

I still can’t figure out why OG would be available. My guess is he isn’t. Wrecking the league defensively and averaging 19 a game all before his prime. If Toronto decides to rebuild for some reason, I’d think it would be around Barnes and OG. Plus, they could get a lot more for Pascal right now.
Yeah I for the most part agree. The only scenario that makes sense is if they’re just worried about how much it will cost to retain Anunoby and that they may be much more comfortable giving Siakam a big payday due to his all-NBA caliber play. So instead of overpaying Anunoby, they…
  1. Move him for some cost controlled assets
  2. Open up SF and PF for Barnes and Siakam
  3. Have the payroll to give Siakam a big payday

If they close to rebuild and move Siakam, I agree with you. If they are continuing to want to compete and they don’t want to tie up a bunch of cap or lose Anunoby for nothing, then maybe moving Anunoby is a possibility for them.

I think their biggest problem is that they have 3 starters for 2 positions. Barnes, Siakim and OG are all forwards. They have Pascal playing a lot of center at the moment, but he is a bit overmatched there. They will likely have to move one of them in the near future.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Only guys from the core that plays I would be willing to trade are TD, Lyles and then Holmes but what can these guys get you? A guy a team wants to trade to get out of contract is our best shot.

I think their biggest problem is that they have 3 starters for 2 positions. Barnes, Siakim and OG are all forwards. They have Pascal playing a lot of center at the moment, but he is a bit overmatched there. They will likely have to move one of them in the near future.
Possibly but I’m not really sure why OG can’t play the shooting guard position. He shoots well and can guard anyone. They really just need a better center and some bench depth and they will take off imo. Health is a bit of an issue for them and from what I’ve heard, Barnes has not been great so far this season. Defense has been below average according to Vecenie. I’m sure he will get better as the year goes along

If they're smart they start to rebuild around Barnes and that's it. Clear the decks. Get their cap under control and watch the kid explode. OG doesn't seem to hurt his potential as much as Siakam does. Barnes should be that point F.

This sounds likely.

And between OG, Siakam, and Scotty Barnes, one could make an argument that OG is the lowest denominator...?

Kind of. Kuz is obviously a much better athlete with more G skills while Keegan looks like a much more true shooter. You know what I hate? The thought of having your SF/PF spot manned by these two. I think that would crush Keegans career because he'll be the one that has to make up for it. There is a reason that Harrison Barnes has been basically the difference between winning and losing and it's because he's the closest to a true wing that the Kings have. Kuz is a PF.

Now, it's hard not to say there's no smoke from the Kings side but my goodness it feels like Kuz' people have been using the Kings for leverage for awhile now.
I mean, this would be the PG version of treadmilling trades. I actually think they're going to trade Keegan + Mitchell + three future, unprotected firsts to get Siakam and OG. Might as well go full treadmil and sacrifice the future for the middling now. This board would implode. Lolzzz.

I mean, this would be the PG version of treadmilling trades. I actually think they're going to trade Keegan + Mitchell + three future, unprotected firsts to get Siakam and OG. Might as well go full treadmil and sacrifice the future for the middling now. This board would implode. Lolzzz.
I dont post much on this board but I am reading it everyday throughout the year. I have read your posts for awhile and I see why everyone either ignores your posts or gets riled by them. You are a troll who likes to get people riled up. Good job on that. This is your craziest post yet so congratulations

Nothing in the article stated that the Kings were indeed currently interested in the players, but rather that they COULD be:

"Teams interested...is varied, LIKELY including..."
"Kuzma is believed to still be on the Kings' radar..."

I don't think he's a fit here anyway, if you're looking to promote the growth of Murray.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Nothing in the article stated that the Kings were indeed currently interested in the players, but rather that they COULD be:

"Teams interested...is varied, LIKELY including..."
"Kuzma is believed to still be on the Kings' radar..."

I don't think he's a fit here anyway, if you're looking to promote the growth of Murray.
Most of the reporting now is opinion pieces and not based on facts. Gets more clicks

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Moving beyond the utter selfloathing I feel even dignifying the poop post with a response, I’m still not sure how an all-in trade for both an All-Star currently averaging 25/8/7 and the current frontrunner for DPOY (both of whom are still young enough to fit the same timeline as Sabonis and Fox) in a season where the west is completely wide open that wouldn’t cost you either of your established stars and still leave you with two elite off-ball players in Huerter and Barnes AND your 6MOY candidate in Malik Monk would even qualify as treadmilling. That’s straight up emptying the bank accounts and offering up the house as collateral to buy a freaking sports car to try and rocket to head of the pack in the marathon.

Moving beyond the utter selfloathing I feel even dignifying the poop post with a response, I’m still not sure how an all-in trade for both an All-Star currently averaging 25/8/7 and the current frontrunner for DPOY in a season where the west is completely wide open that wouldn’t cost you either of your established stars and still leave you with two elite off-ball players in Huerter and Barnes AND your 6MOY candidate in Malik Monk would even qualify as treadmilling. That’s straight up emptying the bank accounts and offering up the house as collateral to buy a freaking sports car to try and rocket to head of the pack in the marathon.
He's baiting you. You are at minimum nibbling, you might have struck the line. Time will tell.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He's baiting you. You are at minimum nibbling, you might have struck the line. Time will tell.
Nah because the fact of the matter is that despite how high I am on Keegan, I would absolutely buy a ticket from Japan to drive Keegan to the airport myself if trading him this season would somehow net us Siakam and OG without us having to give up either of Fox or Sabonis or Barnes (as dictated by the terms of the wildly outlandish trade idea proposed). A Sabonis/Siakam/OG/Huerter/Fox starting lineup with a Monk/Barnes/Davis/KZ bench would instantly change the ceiling of this team this season from first Kings playoff team in 16 years to first championship team in franchise history since the mid 1950s if the cards fell right.
It literally can’t happen given the salaries involved but it would be such a huge swing for the fences that no one in their right mind could ever accuse Monte of being a middle manager ever again.

Nah because the fact of the matter is that despite how high I am on Keegan, I would absolutely buy a ticket from Japan to drive Keegan to the airport myself if trading him this season would somehow net us Siakam and OG without us having to give up either of Fox or Sabonis or Barnes (as dictated by the terms of the wildly outlandish trade idea proposed). A Sabonis/Siakam/OG/Huerter/Fox starting lineup with a Monk/Barnes/Davis/KZ bench would instantly change the ceiling of this team this season from first Kings playoff team in 16 years to first championship team in franchise history since the mid 1950s if the cards fell right.
It literally can’t happen given the salaries involved but it would be such a huge swing for the fences that no one in their right mind could ever accuse Monte of being a middle manager ever again.
I like how Keegan can simultaneously be a "Barnes ceiling 4/3" player while also being the key piece in order to acquire an all-star and a DPOY candidate

I would pick you up at the airport from Japan and we would both drive Keegan to the airport for that trade. I would cry the whole time, but still.

Do we really need to get mad at Kings management for a rumor? I guess you could say where there's smoke there's fire, but seems like you're connecting quite a few dots here based on wild speculation.
Fair enough.

I was just reacting to the rumor and since it’s been a persistent rumor for quite some time now I guess I’ve just grown sensitive to it being dredged up again.

Fair enough.

I was just reacting to the rumor and since it’s been a persistent rumor for quite some time now I guess I’ve just grown sensitive to it being dredged up again.
On one hand we had DDV and "Monte always gets his man" - on the other we were linked with the Hawks for months and it was all about John Collins until we make a trade for Kevin Huerter.