Kosta and Temple player options

Both can opt out this summer I think Temple does for sure but I'm not certain about Kosta. The market for a traditional C is not very high right now but he's still young enough to get a few more guaranteed years. I don't like our chances at re signing Temple because of the 2 guards we have on the roster and future cap flexibility. As for Koufos I actually hope he opts out to make way for Papagiannis. So to cut to the chase should we trade them and what kind of return would be reasonable?

You'd get a taker for Kosta for free, but as what we could get, would be similar salary back & like a second round pick at most.

Temple is a net negative salary wise, don't think we could give him away.

Yeah, I'd like to get something for both rather than see them walk for nothing, but I'm not sure other teams value them highly enough to make any moves worth the trouble (especially Temple).

Normally, I'd think Koufos would be a prime candidate but bigs aren't the hottest commodity anymore, and a number of others appear to be on the market as well (Robin Lopez, Jonas V, Tyson Chandler, among others).

Does Temple really opt out when the cap space has dried up all over the league? No way he gets 8mil annually on his next deal, but maybe he wants to be a key role player on a winning team before he gets past his early 30s.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
You'd get a taker for Kosta for free, but as what we could get, would be similar salary back & like a second round pick at most.

Temple is a net negative salary wise, don't think we could give him away.
Boy, I don't think you could be more wrong about Temple. He only makes 8 mil a year. A few years ago that might have been considered a lot, but today, it's chump change. When you consider that he's a possible expiring contract, and he's thought very highly of around the league, I think there might be several NBA teams fighting for a playoff spot that would love to have him.

Boy, I don't think you could be more wrong about Temple. He only makes 8 mil a year. A few years ago that might have been considered a lot, but today, it's chump change. When you consider that he's a possible expiring contract, and he's thought very highly of around the league, I think there might be several NBA teams fighting for a playoff spot that would love to have him.
I have seen Wizards fans speak highly of him and say they would welcome him back. I am sure there are others as well. I think Temple's recent struggles have clouded judgement. Besides, Temple was never beloved here for his offense, and he is still playing excellent defense.

I have seen Wizards fans speak highly of him and say they would welcome him back. I am sure there are others as well. I think Temple's recent struggles have clouded judgement. Besides, Temple was never beloved here for his offense, and he is still playing excellent defense.
You have to understand it is " the grass is always greener" mentality. It is the same reasoning that made people think that gms would forget Hill's first 9 years in the league and only value him based on what he has done this season.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I think that many, many teams who are competing for a playoff run would love to have Temple, Koufos or Hill. Solid vets. The Hill of late is the guy who can be in a playoff rotation. Now, what you can get back in a trade is a different story. Hill could bring back something of significance for the future......matching contracts or expirings would be a hindrance.

If you think there may be several teams that would want him can you share who they may be?

East
Boston: No comparable salary, besides their top 3 earners, no one else makes over 5 million besides Tatum.
Raptors: Have Miles of similar salary all ready after that no one makes over 3 million on the roster to swap
Cavs: You may be able to get Shumpert, his 3 point % is down from last year, he makes more than Temple.
Pacers: Maybe Joseph except he is hitting 43% from 3 this year, so I doubt it, but possible
Bucks: Would probably love to get out of the Henson contract, but we wouldn't want that anyways
Wizards: Have Beal & Porter all ready, You could try & get Morris, but that leaves them thin with bigs, so I doubt they'd be interested.
Pistons: Not interested with Bradley on the roster of similar salary, nothing we'd want of similar salary in return
Knicks: I guess you could try to get Lee, who has a 3 year deal that costs more than Temple

East out of playoff but close
Heat: Maybe Ellington, but they are in a bad spot financially, doubt they take on more salary in a trade
Philly: Nothing we'd want of similar salary

West
Houston: Would Houston give up a 32 year old Tucker on a 4 year deal? Nothing else they'd move out unless you want to tackle the Anderson contract perhaps
Warriors: No comparable salary of anything they'd be interested in moving
Spurs: Mills? Nothing else is going to work financially they'd want to do, but do we want a pg signed for 4 seasons?
Wolves: You could get Cole from them, but yeah, we aint interested
Portland: Nothing really seems to fit salary or position in return we'd want
OKC: Roberson? 3 year deal? Not much else there
Nuggets: Faried is possible, but we have to send out a prospect in addition to match with salary
Pelicans: Asik? yeah no thanks, maybe Moore, maybe not he's nailing the 3 this year at 46%

West out of playoffs but close
Jazz: Burks, who makes more than Temple this season & next? Johnson is possible, but he is 36 now.

So if you could name some of those several teams that would love to have him, or any of the people who liked your posts too could I'd appreciate it.

dude12

Hall of Famer
If you think there may be several teams that would want him can you share who they may be?

East
Boston: No comparable salary, besides their top 3 earners, no one else makes over 5 million besides Tatum.
Raptors: Have Miles of similar salary all ready after that no one makes over 3 million on the roster to swap
Cavs: You may be able to get Shumpert, his 3 point % is down from last year, he makes more than Temple.
Pacers: Maybe Joseph except he is hitting 43% from 3 this year, so I doubt it, but possible
Bucks: Would probably love to get out of the Henson contract, but we wouldn't want that anyways
Wizards: Have Beal & Porter all ready, You could try & get Morris, but that leaves them thin with bigs, so I doubt they'd be interested.
Pistons: Not interested with Bradley on the roster of similar salary, nothing we'd want of similar salary in return
Knicks: I guess you could try to get Lee, who has a 3 year deal that costs more than Temple

Heat: Maybe Ellington, but they are in a bad spot financially, doubt they take on more salary in a trade

West
Houston: Would Houston give up a 32 year old Tucker on a 4 year deal? Nothing else they'd move out unless you want to tackle the Anderson contract perhaps
Spurs: Mills? Nothing else is going to work financially they'd want to do, but do we want a pg signed for 4 seasons?
Nuggets: Faried is possible, but we have to send out a prospect in addition to match with salary
Pelicans: Asik? yeah no thanks, maybe Moore, maybe not he's nailing the 3 this year at 46%

Jazz: Burks, who makes more than Temple this season & next? Johnson is possible, but he is 36 now.

So if you could name some of those several teams that would love to have him, or any of the people who liked your posts too could I'd appreciate it.
So the last comment by Baja that I liked was that several playoff teams would love to have him off the bench.....I believe that true....doesn't mean a deal can be worked out though. I guess if you attached Malachi to the deal it changes the salary total.....add Koufos it changes it quite a bit and clears out an extra player but the point is Temple would be a solid guy off the bench for teams needing his skill set and what he brings to the roster.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

East

West

I was simply making a general statement in response to a general statement. If you want me to sit down and go through every teams roster and come up with a trade, that's not going to happen. I'm not interested in wasting my time on something like that. But as to a team that might be interested, right off the top of my head I'd think that the Cav's would love to have Temple as would the Wiz. What kind of deal that would be is anyone's guess, and maybe neither of those teams would be able to make a deal that the Kings like. I also think that the Clippers might be interested. I'm sure the Clippers would love to have Hill, but don't see anyway that can happen. Wanting or being interested doesn't a deal make.

Frankly, I don't care if we trade Temple, or we keep him for the length of his contract. I don't see any urgency to trade anyone. If it happens it happens, and when it does, if it does, I'll certainly comment on it.

I was simply making a general statement in response to a general statement. If you want me to sit down and go through every teams roster and come up with a trade, that's not going to happen. I'm not interested in wasting my time on something like that. But as to a team that might be interested, right off the top of my head I'd think that the Cav's would love to have Temple as would the Wiz. What kind of deal that would be is anyone's guess, and maybe neither of those teams would be able to make a deal that the Kings like. I also think that the Clippers might be interested. I'm sure the Clippers would love to have Hill, but don't see anyway that can happen. Wanting or being interested doesn't a deal make.

Frankly, I don't care if we trade Temple, or we keep him for the length of his contract. I don't see any urgency to trade anyone. If it happens it happens, and when it does, if it does, I'll certainly comment on it.
I think the Cavs would be a good choice, but it would be for Shumpert. Yeah I don't think we have any urgency at all to move him, and he's not a cap killer like Jarl Thompandry was.

Nice to have a defensive guard around too, or even sf at times.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Here's a trade idea....figure that the Bucks could use a stronger post defensive guy than Henson

Koufos and Malachi Richardson
For
Teletovic and DJ Wilson and 2nd round pick

Don't play Teletovic and next year waive him clearing a spot. Opens up time for younger bigs this year.
Swaps out Malachi for a SF/PF in Wilson and clears out part of the logjam at SF/SG

Here's a trade idea....figure that the Bucks could use a stronger post defensive guy than Henson

Koufos and Malachi Richardson
For
Teletovic and DJ Wilson and 2nd round pick

Don't play Teletovic and next year waive him clearing a spot. Opens up time for younger bigs this year.
Swaps out Malachi for a SF/PF in Wilson and clears out part of the logjam at SF/SG
Teletovic has pulmonary embolisms in both lungs and is out indefinitely. The Bucks will likely get medical relief for Teletovic rather than trade him I am guessing, assuming he doesn't recover. Which I hope he does.