Knicks exercise "Allan Houston" clause...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Omaha-King7275 said:
what are they thinking? that thing was especially made to get rid of houston.
According to local reports, tow things:

1) some, Zeke amongst them, are gambling that if Houston is physically unable to go to start the next season he will just retire, which will save the Knicks a bunch of money because its a medical retirement and the insurance will pick up 75% of it. Note, however, that Houston himself seems to deny he's going to do that and was laughing at the boneheads that are Knicks brass.

2) the wonderful; Larry Brown show has arrived, and Brown as usual is already meddling and apparently asked them not to let Houston go. Maybe he thinks he can be an old one-kneed Reggie or something.

In any case, I think the Knicks are going to live to rgret this one. But then again, they've lived to regret a lot of things. That's why they have an insane $100mil payroll for their 40 win team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Packt said:
Funny how the "Allan Houston" clause isn't even used on Allan Houston himself.
For some reason - possibly because it's the middle of TDOS - I find this hysterically funny. Imagine at some point down the road, when people are talking about the NEXT CBA, and they refer to the "Allan Houston" clause.

"Yeah, you know...when teams got to waive one player because he had an albatross contract and couldn't really play well any more?"

"But Allan Houston wasn't waived."

"Yes! That's it exactly! That's why it's called the Allen Houston clause."

If Houston tries to struggle thru the season anyways they are going to look really stupid. They must be pretty sure he isn't coming back... then again this is the Knicks we are talking about, what's another season down the toilet
?

F

Fillmoe

the knicks think he will retire.... which saves them more money than if they were to "allan houston" him

edit- sorry didnt read bricklayers post

Last edited by a moderator:
Bricklayer said:
According to local reports, tow things:

1) some, Zeke amongst them, are gambling that if Houston is physically unable to go to start the next season he will just retire, which will save the Knicks a bunch of money because its a medical retirement and the insurance will pick up 75% of it. Note, however, that Houston himself seems to deny he's going to do that and was laughing at the boneheads that are Knicks brass.
QUOTE]

LMAO. Seriously? On TV they made it seem like it was all a matter of allan filling out the paper work. If htis blows up in NY's face, i blame the owners. With 100 million dollar payroll and a sucky team this should have been easier than connecting the dots. I wouldn't even entertain proposals from zeke.

It's getting harder and harder for me to remember Isiah Thomas as a HOF point guard; all i think about when i see or hear his name is how horrible he is as a GM (I won't even mention the president of the CBA mess).

F

Fillmoe

dam so what are we gonna call it now? people arent gonna be getting "Allan Houstoned" anymore :( ..... "Michael Finleyed"?