[Game] Knicks at Kings, Friday Dec. 13, 7 PM PT/10 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the same old song for the Kings. Haven't made the playoffs in over a decade, haven't even finished with a .500 record in over a decade....yet year in and year out they think they're better than a handful of teams and go into the games taking them lightly and ultimately come out with a big fat L.
Sometimes teams just play badly, and it has nothing to do with whether or not they're taking the opponent lightly.

People need to start realizing that Mr. Bagley is not going to save the franchise, and neither is the return of Mr. Fox.
They are two good young players that can help the Kings but they need to help themselves.
This game against the Knicks should be viewed several times by every King as a reminder about what happens when you go on cruise control.
You cannot relax in this league even against the bottom dwellers.
They won the first quarter and lost the other three to the Knicks. -
How can a team with a losing record for 10 years be so overconfident?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
People need to start realizing that Mr. Bagley is not going to save the franchise, and neither is the return of Mr. Fox.
And that right there feels like goalposts are moving backwards, and we’re already preparing for what’s to come. Ie; he never becomes the star the franchise needs.

Last edited:
And that right there feels like goalposts are moving backwards, and we’re already preparing for what’s to come. Ie; he never becomes the star the franchise needs.
they're gonna get us into the playoffs in just their second season together. sounds good to me

In regards to Bagley—Ham framed that question to elicit that response and generate clicks. He asked how “you guys on the second unit” can do a better job generating baskets. Ham knows darn well Bags is not, and does not consider himself to be, part of the “second unit”. He’s a starter returning from injury. Thus, Ham must “talk to coach” if he wants to know more about what the second unit will do going forward.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Here’s the thing, I’ve been looking for these comments all day and I can’t really find any quotes of what’s been said.

here’s Marvin

and here’s his dad

While neither sounds particularly great, neither really seems to quite qualify as a Bagley trashing the head coach. I’m probably missing a quote or something but thus far it seems like people are making Mount Everest out of a molehill.
I heard the whole interview. This garbage that Bagley is dissing the coach is smelly, putrid, and totally devoid of truth. He rightly said the coach should be asked a question about a coach's decision. I really don't give a **** about a player's dad and won't even read it. What is there going to be next - the player's brother, sister, uncle, aunt, and cousin? Go dig in the trash for something dirty, ugly and putrid. I promise, you'll end up finding it.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
But here's the thing about this team, the Kings are far from the biggest and most physically tough team out there. The Kings are much better off than they were in prior years but this team is deep with scoring talent and skill at it's heart. They are likely to send teams packing by putting up points on the board than being more physical and if they are they have to rely on their one on one talent a little more and in more efficient ways. The Kings are likely to lose some rebounding battles when you consider their best defensive lineup is a smaller one with Ariza and Barnes in the front court. There's give and take with this roster. No team can go on a multi minute scoring drought down the stretch habitually and expect to be a serious threat in todays NBA. I've brought it up in more than a few games already as it was happening. They become stale offensively because they are looking to continually move the ball in the areas where the defense is now disallowing. The Kings on paper can do it all, yet they refuse to down the stretch of some games. There's always a chance to pull it out when you have a Buddy Hield, Bogdan Bogdanovic, or Nemanja Bjelica launching it but they are playing a lower percentage game than they need to be IMO.
Now you're talking in generalizations about this team. I'm talking about this game.

No one in the Bagley "camp" feels pressure caused by Doncic. This place is like a soap opera some times.
Really you think there’s no pressure felt at all? Not even last season when Joerger was on the hot seat supposedly for bringing Bagley off the bench. Saying there’s no pressure felt is absurd, he absolutely should feel pressure to live up to the hype and prove he was a good pick at #2

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Here’s the thing, I’ve been looking for these comments all day and I can’t really find any quotes of what’s been said.

here’s Marvin

and here’s his dad

While neither sounds particularly great, neither really seems to quite qualify as a Bagley trashing the head coach. I’m probably missing a quote or something but thus far it seems like people are making Mount Everest out of a molehill.
Thank you. I really hope you're right. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
In regards to Bagley—Ham framed that question to elicit that response and generate clicks. He asked how “you guys on the second unit” can do a better job generating baskets. Ham knows darn well Bags is not, and does not consider himself to be, part of the “second unit”. He’s a starter returning from injury. Thus, Ham must “talk to coach” if he wants to know more about what the second unit will do going forward.
That makes a lot of sense - and is totally understandable considering who posted the question. Looks like Ham is up to his old tricks. Thank you also for the clarification.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sounds like we're headed towards a separate Bash Bagley thread. LOL.

Have at it folks. I'm permanently done with the nonsense.
There's a big difference between asking for more information and bashing a player. We're not gonna have a Bash Bagley thread. Bash Ham on the other hand??? ;)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
My goodness. James Ham manufacturing an issue to gain attention and thus promote his career? Who could ever have seen this happening? This sort of shameless self-promotion without regard to fact is so out of character.

Now you're talking in generalizations about this team. I'm talking about this game.
This game is merely a microcosm of the issues that existed prior to this game and that may exist beyond it. It could be the things that keep this team from being a serious playoff threat. I understand Waltons desires of being defense first, winning the battle of the boards, etc. but in the end he has to accept what this team is and can be on the other end of the floor as well. I have the utmost confidence he will and finding ways to figure Barnes and Bagley into the game down low when the team is searching for too many big shots will probably be part of it.

Really you think there’s no pressure felt at all? Not even last season when Joerger was on the hot seat supposedly for bringing Bagley off the bench. Saying there’s no pressure felt is absurd, he absolutely should feel pressure to live up to the hype and prove he was a good pick at #2
Any pressure of any sort? Sure. Pressure caused by Doncic? Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.