KingsFans 2021 Draft Board: #9

If all players were available, who should the Kings draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
KINGSFANS 2021 DRAFT BOARD
  1. Cade Cunningham
  2. Evan Mobley
  3. Jalen Green
  4. Jonathan Kuminga
  5. Jalen Suggs
  6. Scottie Barnes
  7. Jalen Johnson
  8. Moses Moody

RULES
  • You’ll be able to select only 1 player that you think would be the best pick FOR THE KINGS. This isn’t a generic big board. We’ll be making this a Kings specific big board.
  • The poll will be open for 48 hours. After it closes, the player with the most votes will take his rightful place on our KingsFans big board (in the event of a tie, I’ll be the tiebreaker to keep it simple).
  • The player chosen in the current poll will be missing from the next poll. At that point, we would only have 9 options so please post a comment below mentioning a player you would like to nominate for the next poll. The player who receives the most nominations will be added (in the event of a tie, I’ll be the tiebreaker to keep it simple).

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Here at the 9 pick, where we probably land, I'll stick with Franz. For me, the 9 pick is between Barnes, Jalen Johnson, and Wagner, and if we were to get any one of those at #9 I'd be pretty pleased. If not, I start thinking outside of the box, so it's nice that one of my three has dropped here.

Nomination: Jared Butler.

Here at the 9 pick, where we probably land, I'll stick with Franz. For me, the 9 pick is between Barnes, Jalen Johnson, and Wagner, and if we were to get any one of those at #9 I'd be pretty pleased. If not, I start thinking outside of the box, so it's nice that one of my three has dropped here.

Nomination: Jared Butler.
Williams & Wagner are my top 2 remaining. Wouldn't be upset with Wagner at this pick, but I think Williams has a higher ceiling and would prefer to swing for the fences a bit more here since he has the height/length to still play SF (just needs the strength).

I’m warming up to the Turkish Center Sengun. What he’s doing at his age, in that league, is impressive. After Moody I’d off the board, I’d have a hard time passing him up.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Williams & Wagner are my top 2 remaining. Wouldn't be upset with Wagner at this pick, but I think Williams has a higher ceiling and would prefer to swing for the fences a bit more here since he has the height/length to still play SF (just needs the strength).
I want to like Williams. He looked pretty good in an early non-conference game where he was shooting the lights out and really passing it, and then after that he kind of just faded into the background. He's got the height and the length, but he's so skinny, and his shot didn't fall all year and he put up really pedestrian numbers in the Pac-12. I'd love to see him back in college for another year to shore up his game but I just don't think that's going to happen. Somebody's got to take a flyer on him, but he almost feels like he's in the dreaded "Caboclo" territory (two years away from being two years away) and I just don't think he's a smart pick at 9.

I’m warming up to the Turkish Center Sengun. What he’s doing at his age, in that league, is impressive. After Moody I’d off the board, I’d have a hard time passing him up.

he is intriguing but in order to get value out of the center position he is going to have to be super elite offensively. He is unlikely to be a good defender at a position that generally requires it. If he is a 20 and 10 guy with bad defense does that help us win? He does have some potential as a passer so if he can be a facilitator that could change things

Yes. I nominate Sengun. Just too much production for an 18-year-old big in a man’s league. I think he has playmaking potential and can help the Kings become a good rebounding team in time (it is going to take him a couple years to develop).

Easy Franz Wagner pick here with Moody/Barnes off the board. I have watched a few more Sengun videos and I'm way more intrigued after seeing the handle/passing chops along with the low-post skill/footwork. Thought he was more of just a low-post bruiser, but there's real on-ball skills there that are pretty rare for a big man. I think he'd work amazingly well as a 5 offensively. Mostly just highlights of course, but you can tell he watches a lot of Jokic.

Big concerns are the size (6-10 with a 6-10 wingspan is pretty below average for an NBA C) and the lack of a shot, which would prevent him from playing the 4. Perhaps a bit a tweener on defense?

Last edited:
Easy Franz Wagner pick here with Moody/Barnes off the board. I have watched a few more Sengun videos and I'm way more intrigued after seeing the handle/passing chops along with the low-post skill/footwork. Thought he was more of just a low-post bruiser, but there's real on-ball skills there that are pretty rare for a big man. I think he'd work amazingly well as a 5 offensively. Mostly just highlights of course, but you can tell he watches a lot of Jokic.

Big concerns are the size (6-10 with a 6-10 wingspan is pretty below average for an NBA C) and the lack of a shot, which would prevent him from playing the 4. Perhaps a bit a tweener on defense?
we just don’t know his real measurements because it’s overseas and he is 18 and could still be growing. I heard he is 6’ 10” barefoot which is pretty good. Given he shoots 80% from the line I think his shot is going to be okay.

we just don’t know his real measurements because it’s overseas and he is 18 and could still be growing. I heard he is 6’ 10” barefoot which is pretty good. Given he shoots 80% from the line I think his shot is going to be okay.
Yeah that's the other side of it too. There's definite possibility he can still grow being so young.