Kings @ Warriors Game Thread

WTF moment of the game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Another close one - another loss for Kings who are slowly going towards the bottom of the West and the NBA. Kings 14-20, kost 6 of the last 7, 4 out of last 5 at home and 4 straight overall are 8th worst team in the NBA recordwise. All was caused by the schedule that started to become more difficult and some injuries and some bad calls combined by some retarded plays and decisions. In other words Kings still rule when it comes to find ways to lose games. Once great home record is closing in to 0.500 with games against Nuggets and magic coming up. The road record is just great with 3-12. Kings haven't won a game in 2010. Only Hawkes and Wolves are currently on a 4 game losing streak. Kings also getting close to the long East coast trip having a chance to consolidate. Playing Warriors should be a good opportunity to start.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Imagine a nurse which can't pot termometer in patience's mouth. Imagine a dentist who can't find patience's mouth. Imagine postman who can't put mail in the mail box. Imagine baker who can't put bread in the oven. Imagine professional driver who can't park a car in the garage. Imagine politician who never put a "foot in his mouth." Imagine a brewer who can't put beer in the bottle. Imagine journalist lost for words. Imagine a lawyer run out of arguments. Imagine 7 footer who can't put the ball in the basket from point blank range...
Oh, wait a minute. No need to imagine the last one. Just watch Kings basketball.
------------------------------------------------------------------
As you probably noticed - I am very sceptical by nature. When it comes to the possibility of Thompson & Hawes "big" man combo leading us to the "promise land"- my scepticism raises exponentionally. While they were asembled to complement each other's strengths - so far they have only managed to complement each other's weaknesses to a point where when they are on the floor - we play man down most of the time. When You add lack of heart, lack toughness, lack of physicallity with lack of basketball IQ and lack of composure - that is just too many "lacks" to compensate even by a superstar like John Brockman himself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
On the other hand GP has once again proven that he is genious when it come to draft combo guards/slashers/shooters/tweeners or anybody else from 6 4' to 6'9. Might just be the best in the world. Any country, any continent any cave - GP knows where to fin them. He has drafted 6'6, 6'7 and 6'9 guys and we love them. They couldn't be more different from each other physically, mentally in any way You want it but if they fit the size range - GP rarely misses. unless You want to claim that Brockman can't shoot threes yet :p.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Brockman - easily most favorite King at the moment. Nowhere near being the best player on the team. Nowhere near being most talented player on the team. An underdog in any way possible is playing like there is no tomorrow, Refreshing to see considering that in the last 3 years most kings players played like the game is tomorrow. In other words - John is like Bobby Jackson on stereoids:p and since Bobby was my favorite player, it is not hard to love John Brockman. While Bobby was the best guard we had at the time and he deserved to start over Bibby many times but he was great off the bench. Brockman is not a starter unless he miraculously developes midrange jumpshot but he can be used in many ways. I would like to see Hawes play him in practice. I am sure that Brockman is killing him and that is why Spencer shoot threes more often than he should. If Spencer wasn't a wuss - he could use Brockman to get used to physical play in the NBA.
Once again Kings fought hard to get back in the game and once again they couldn't close it out. Played some reat defense in the 2nd half and rebounded well. They shot slightly better from three, we have then too many "and 1" opportunities by fouling too soft. We missed layups, they got some "close" calls. We lost the game that could have done either way but we have lost too many similar games already.
Hawes vs. Frye - which center will shoot and hit more threes ? - no contest

Udrih vs Dragic - real vs fake Slovenian - they were both fake basketball players in the first half. Then real Slovenian showed up and brought us back in the game.

Barbosa vs Amudsen vs TDM - both sucked big time

Amudsen vs Brockman - I want to see it - public appology to Brockman for putting him in the same sentence with ...

Sergio vs Kingsfans.com - DNP-CD - don't mess with Kingsfans.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------
AWARD TIME

TDM - Frye hurt us bad. Our "frye" did not show up.

LW-VC - Barbosa had his worst game against the Kings ever.

JHA - Udoka - falling apart since missing those 2 FTs in LA

MIKKI - Hawes

SAR - Metuselah - Hill is downhill

RA&1 - Dragic rhymes with garbage

Jax/Walk - Nocioni - hate his shot selection anyways

DC-DT goes to Greene.

WTF moment of the game - you have got to make layup
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Warriors are next. Finally a team worse than us at least on paper even though with Biedrins and Turiaf back from injuries they are tougher inside. They really suck on the road, they don't defend and yes they still shoot threes. The more you take - the more you make. That means that they can beat anyone at any gicen night if the shots are falling. We have to play our game - whaever that means. We can use Brockman more since they don't use their bigs. I am going to miss Monte vs kevin here. Lots of scoring and flopping, absolutely no defense whatsoever matchup. Maybe some other time.
----------------------------------------------------------------
My matchups for Friday night

Ellis vs 50 pts - can Monte count that high ?

Evans vs tiple double - About time.

Brockman vs Biedrins - clash of the titans.

Offense vs offense - can they combine for 250 pts and 200 FGAs ?

Magette vs 15 FTAs - business as usual

Radmanovic vs TDM vs RA&1 - one of those awards will be his.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Evans - no one can guard you - kill them
Greene - hopefully nothing too serious
Casspi - will hit 30pt eventually
Hawes - wuss
Thompson - :rolleyes:

Brockman - monster
Udrih - both halfs please

rest - mateen
----------------------------------------------------------------------\Warriors 10-24 and 4-17 on the road stopped their losing streak at Minnesota. They have had 2 mini winning streaks all season (Portland, Dallas and Phoenix, Boston). They play fast and furious but they lose much faster. Morrow gets the TDM. LW-VC is reserved for Radmanovic. Kings have got to win a game for a change.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Yeah, but think about it: Tyreke can own any of the magic PGs in his sleep, their SGs are nothing to write home about, Wince will want no part of either Omri or Donte, and will be taking jumpshots all game, and I expect JT to outplay Lewis.

That said - Howard really is pretty good on D.

OK folks, let's not jump ahead.

Next game is the Warriors who have been playing much, much better lately. And this one is in Oakland.

Do you guys remember one game in Vegas summer league where brockman was hitting this free throw line jumper quite well? Wonder why we dont seem to utilise it now

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Do you guys remember one game in Vegas summer league where brockman was hitting this free throw line jumper quite well? Wonder why we dont seem to utilise it now
I think it's because he hasn't been fouled. :confused:

I think it's because he hasn't been fouled. :confused:
I don't mean free throws, I mean a normal FG attempt from the free throw line area. Right now when we play brockman he gives us good D and rebounding, but with our already very poor half court offense (due to lack of a good post player) it does not help to be playing kinda 4 on 5 on offense. This is why I hate it when coach plays KT and Udoka at the same time, especially with Noc. There's not enough quality offense, most of the time we just end up relying on Noc chucking. If brockman can hit a jumpshot consistently at least from a certain area, why not incorporate it into the offense instead of forcing someone possibly less open to score?

I like how everyone is holding back the fact that Tyreke also missed 0.2 footer right after JT on that sequence
True but tyreke sort of flipped it up quickly because of the defense. Let's not forget, JT is 5 inches taller than Tyreke. He's a big man. Both aren't supposed to miss at that range but one is not supposed to miss more than the other.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I hope Brockness gets a lot of (Hawes') minutes. I honestly think he can grab 30 rebounds against the Warriors.

JT should utilize this game to get out of his slump. He eats the undersized W's alive.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Why do the kings always get suckered into playing into a teams style, I mean good teams impose their style on you, but kings have enough flexibility and talent to not fall into that trap.

nellie ball vs nellie team = bad

phx ball vs phx team = bad

I like how everyone is holding back the fact that Tyreke also missed 0.2 footer right after JT on that sequence

Tyreke is a point guard in the midst of centers and power forwards on that play. I'm ok with his effort. Thompson on the other hand needs to man the **** up and throw that **** down!

gunks

Hall of Famer
I heard from sam amick on twitter that hawes is not going to
start and that the kings are going to go small tonight

JT at the 5 against the Warriors isnt that bad a thing. I'm just hoping the starting PF isnt Noc. Fingers are crossed for Casspi or Brockman.

I hate missing Kings games, but alas, I'm taking the girlfriend out to a fancy dinner. I fully expect a blowout victory and for nothing amazing to happen. Ie, Reke or Casspi going for 50+, Reke or Casspi getting a triple double, or a buzzer-beater win by anyone.

Seen on BART on my way home, an add for the Warriors that says

"Love your neighbor... unless he's a Laker".

Warriors really want to think they are the Lakers' NorCal rival.

Uh... no.

Status
Not open for further replies.