[Game] Kings vs. Rockets, 3/11/2021, 7pm PST 10pm EST

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I'm starting to wonder if the lack of fans is causing this kind of meh from almost every team. The Kings and most of the teams seem so disinterested most of the time.
I am not an NBA player but having played a Tuesday night bar gig for a room full of 10 people I wouldn't blame any of them for checking out.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Right, they're the ones who were expected to get to the finals this year but are struggling to even stay in the playoff race. We're just the team with the piece they really need.
It's crazy because the one thing he did that wasn't a no-brainer was the pick trade with the 6ers when everybody was high on Fultz and he looked like a freakin genius but who knew just how bad Fultz was going to pan out. Putting together the big-3 and selling off the big-3 when they were done kind of fell into his lap. But with all that future draft capital he has done very little. Hayward was a bust. Kyrie was a cancer and the way they dealt with IT signified to FAs around the league that Boston was not a good place to do business.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Yeah I’m hearing Monte shares your opinions and likely no Kings players get traded.
The best trade scenarios basically have us getting two young players and a mid-range first round pick where we basically cross our fingers and hope that one of those pans out to be as good as Barnes is today. Given that Ainge apparently expects to rape every team he trades with, the Celts likely won't make that deal even though arguably they still have a 50-50 shot of winning that deal.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
See we're showcasing our trade bait. Not sure if anyone is going to believe it against a Houston team that's lost 14 games in a row but hey...

I totally wouldn't be surprised to see little to nothing from almost every team. The game is really mucked in the middle of the pack with only a few legit built for today contenders. I think we see a Bjelica buyout and a pick in the 10-12 range when all is said and done.
yeah I agree.... and a return to the lottery next year.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

I can still remember the G-man’s interview with Leon when he signed. Wood had only somewhat recently become a 3-Pt shooter, but that and some warm blood got him a 10 day contract.

I remember watching him before the game shooting shot after shot from just inside the half court line in front of the scorers table. I bet he shot 80% I thought it was crazy then.

Against the worst offense in the League, the Kings looked like they were playing "the Sieve" on defense.
Their offense played fine.
That is the story this season.

Last edited:
For those of you who are disappointed that we won (or perhaps po'd), I feel ya. And yet, how would we feel about our guys if they lost to these Rockets? They're basically a g-league team! And that's where I find myself, in wanting us to not win (much), but to also not become losers at the same time. But, boy, the one thing that comes through after a game like this is that Walton will take every win he can get - at the expense of all efforts to give the youngsters meaningful NBA minutes (Haliburton excepted).