[Game] Kings vs. Philadelphia 76ers 7:00 PM PDT/10:00 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have not played well against the Sixers regardless who they throw out there. Will our recent defense change things or is it more of the same? Are we sticking Keon on Maxey to see if he can slow him down? Tobias cooked us last time, maybe throw some different looks at him with Keegan, HB and even Duarte for stretches? Kessler gets the call?

We have not played well against the Sixers regardless who they throw out there. Will our recent defense change things or is it more of the same? Are we sticking Keon on Maxey to see if he can slow him down? Tobias cooked us last time, maybe throw some different looks at him with Keegan, HB and even Duarte for stretches? Kessler gets the call?
The answer is "K. E."

Well, the Sixers just beat the Clips by double-digits in LA with PG13, Kawhi, and the Bearded Hag all playing. So there's at least that.

Of course they aren't the same threat as when the big guy is healthy and playing, but they'll still pose a challenge to this KINGS team whom we know seems to have trouble taking care of business against teams just like this one.

I'd expect the usual performances from Tobias Harris and Kelly Oubre whenever they face the KINGS, and Tyrese Maxey has been balling all season.

I realize that Philly is 10-15 since the last time Embiid played, but I'm still quite surprised to see the KINGS as 9.5 point favorites tonight.

I really have no idea which KINGS team will show up tonight. And I don't think anyone else here can accurately predict it either.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Every game is huge this time of year, but the next three are especially important.

A winnable home game against the Sixers, and then a pair of home games against the Mavs who currently have an identcal record to the Kings.

The first game against Dallas is a back-to-back after this Sixers game so it won't be easy, but winning 2 of 3 (or ideally all 3) would keep them in the thick of things for the 6th seed.

Since it's b2b match for the 76ers no injury report is available, Maxey played 44', Tobias 38' perhaps Nurse is planning on resting one of them? Lowry didn't play yesterday due to resting so he should be back tonight. All other players stayed in the court for less than 25' so they should be quite fresh, especially Batum that had a DNP-CD never leaving the bench.

Watching them against the Lakers and seeing the boxscore against the Clippers, they don't make many turnovers but they cause their opponents to do so mostly with steals. Against the Lakers they had 13 steals with their opponents having only 1 by the end, and 7-2 in favor of them again last night facing the Clippers. That led them to score much more fast break points and also had more points in the paint mostly due to that same factor.
They also got 25 offensive rebounds in total so we need to block them out properly, especially when they will be missing the 3s and the ball will bounce away from the rim (still that offense from Orlando comes to mind that we couldn't grab the board).

They are in a similar situation with the Kings chasing the 6th spot to avoid play in the East , currently at 8th half a game behind Indiana and tied with Miami (that looks to have the advantage due to easier remaining schedule).

Embiid, Covington and Melton are all out for quite some time already, so Hield is the only former Kings player that could hurt us

Every game is huge this time of year, but the next three are especially important.

A winnable home game against the Sixers, and then a pair of home games against the Mavs who currently have an identcal record to the Kings.

The first game against Dallas is a back-to-back after this Sixers game so it won't be easy, but winning 2 of 3 (or ideally all 3) would keep them in the thick of things for the 6th seed.
Dallas has such an easy schedule left, if we could win both that would be huuuge. Minimum we need is a split or I think they’ll pull away from us.

Discuss! Are the 76'ers a big threat?
They are on a back to back right? 2nd night? 3rd game in 4 days and on the road. We were traveling yesterday though weren't we? Or did we travel back to Sac on Sat? We're favored right now by 9.5 and I think we cover easily. They whooped us by 19 when we were in Philly so we owe them some payback and will beat them like 121 - 105.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are on a back to back right? 2nd night? 3rd game in 4 days and on the road. We were traveling yesterday though weren't we? Or did we travel back to Sac on Sat? We're favored right now by 9.5 and I think we cover easily. They whooped us by 19 when we were in Philly so we owe them some payback and will beat them like 121 - 105.
Is a blowout too much to wish for? I'd love to see the Kings not only win, but put things away early and get a bit of rest before the Mavs game tomorrow.

Kings have a road winning record for the season with 21 wins so far.
Home record? 20-13. This means only one: Kings can beat anyone anywhere anytime and make the same happen to them. Maybe enough is enough?

Well, the Sixers just beat the Clips by double-digits in LA with PG13, Kawhi, and the Bearded Hag all playing. So there's at least that.

Of course they aren't the same threat as when the big guy is healthy and playing, but they'll still pose a challenge to this KINGS team whom we know seems to have trouble taking care of business against teams just like this one.

I'd expect the usual performances from Tobias Harris and Kelly Oubre whenever they face the KINGS, and Tyrese Maxey has been balling all season.

I realize that Philly is 10-15 since the last time Embiid played, but I'm still quite surprised to see the KINGS as 9.5 point favorites tonight.

I really have no idea which KINGS team will show up tonight. And I don't think anyone else here can accurately predict it either.[/QUOTE
Almost 10 point spread is really weird.They smashed Kings without Embiid , Nurse is very good at scheming against how DS wants to operate on offense which completely disrupts the offense, lots of turnovers, hopefully the coaching staff is ready to change things up on that side of the ball

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
It's a good opportunity to always have either Mitchell or Ellis on Maxey, and rotate Fox/Monk to keep them as fresh as possible. I don't know that anyone poses as big a threat on Sabonis like Embiid, so I'm glad he's out.

Tonight's game looks like it will be a grind, and tomorrow might be a shootout.

That said, our offense has looked sloppy, and against a gambling defense, that could be a recipe for trouble.

That said, our offense has looked sloppy, and against a gambling defense, that could be a recipe for trouble.
Good point. The Kings only had nine turnovers against Orlando, but they are averaging 13.2 in March, right in the middle of the pack for the NBA.

I'm trying to remember what happened when we lost to the short handed 76er team in Philly. Was it an effort issue? I would like to think that at this point in the year, if we lose, it won't be because of lack of effort (although I've been saying this for a while).

Any word on Sasha?

I'm trying to remember what happened when we lost to the short handed 76er team in Philly. Was it an effort issue? I would like to think that at this point in the year, if we lose, it won't be because of lack of effort (although I've been saying this for a while).

Any word on Sasha?
It was one of the more frustrating games to watch this season. Harris got a near career game with 37 points and their defense punked the kings down to 33% overall shooting and 21% from 3 equaling to only 92 points. Meanwhile the sixers shot 43% from 3. That was the basically the game right there. Think the Kings may hve been caught off guard with how aggressive the sixers were on the defensive end. Hopefully they will be more prepared this time and be more patient with their offense and be smarter.

Luckily Dallas will be on a b2b as well. Our KINGS won’t have to travel, while the Mavs will be flying in from Salt Lake City. So the good guys should still hold an advantage.

Win or lose, I want to see Domantas Sabonis get that double-double. I can hardly wait.

Is Keon Ellis > Tyrese Maxey? Can Keegan Murray or Harrison Barnes shut down Tobias Harris?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
As much as it would delight me for the whole East Coast bias thingamajig that hurts our media coverage, 7pm pacific is not 4pm eastern time.

Status
Not open for further replies.