[Game] Kings vs. Nuggets, 2/24/2022 7pm Pacific, 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus the controversy appears to stem from Fox wanting to spend more time on basketball, which is kinda the point?
While it’s commendable that he’s prioritizing hoops, the first thing I would say is why da f*ck is he diverting so much time to it? He’s a basketball player. Hire experts to do the expert things for you. I caught wind of the issue earlier today, but didn’t bother to dig and just assumed his project got attacked. That’s happened to a number of new nft projects recently. Anyway…

I watched parts of the game. Kings lost the game, because of their 3 point shooting and that second unit needs a scorer. I think the team can go 11-10 the remainder of the way, but they’re going to need a few dudes to really step up their shooting. We’ll see.

I agree. If this team had both Bridges this would be a different story for example. Better players make you better, shocking.

Í also feel there's a plethora of gettable 3/4 Barnes types that could be realistically had, particularly in Washington and Charlotte. But for the life of me, I can't think of any available 2s or 2/3 wings that could vault this team so I think the only available route would be to develop one in the draft or otherwise go with DDV.
Yeah PJ is the dream. Been harping on that drum for awhile now, even before we got Sabonis. As far as potential impact 2/3's, it's slim pickings. I do think the one guy who can really pop is Malik Monk. Lakers basically have 0 chance to keep him and is still just 24 years old. Developing as an elite shooter the past 2 seasons and has that "microwave" gene the Kings desperately miss outside their 3 top weapons. Adds some secondary playmaking and ball-handling too. He's bad on defense, but I think you can pretty well adequately hide him between DDV and Mitchell. Doesn't hurt he has the Kentucky connection with Fox too.

While it’s commendable that he’s prioritizing hoops, the first thing I would say is why da f*ck is he diverting so much time to it? He’s a basketball player. Hire experts to do the expert things for you. I caught wind of the issue earlier today, but didn’t bother to dig and just assumed his project got attacked. That’s happened to a number of new nft projects recently. Anyway…

I watched parts of the game. Kings lost the game, because of their 3 point shooting and that second unit needs a scorer. I think the team can go 11-10 the remainder of the way, but they’re going to need a few dudes to really step up their shooting. We’ll see.
Doesn't help when your one really long-term great shooter has been so hit or miss in his 5 games (Justin Holiday)

0-6
4-6
1-6
6-11
1-3

It's lead to a good overall %, but he's been actively hurting the Kings offense in a big way in those 3 games he's been way off.

11-10 gets them the familiar 9th spot in the lottery.

Aside from Sabonis/Mitchell it's the same old Kings again and again, DV is making dumb Bogie look intelligent at this point the guy looks like he's on some serious substances the way he's jumpy/shakey.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I agree. If this team had both Bridges this would be a different story for example. Better players make you better, shocking.

Í also feel there's a plethora of gettable 3/4 Barnes types that could be realistically had, particularly in Washington and Charlotte. But for the life of me, I can't think of any available 2s or 2/3 wings that could vault this team so I think the only available route would be to develop one in the draft or otherwise go with DDV.
I like DDV heading into next season. My dream would be to get a Washington type back for Holmes and other pieces and draft Benn Mathurin for that 2/3 guy long term.

Of course if we win the lotto I like Smith. Absolute dream I think with Sabonis. I'm less sold on the others.

After watching last nights game it would nice to see Mitchell back in the starting lineup. If it was up to me I would go Fox, Mitchell, Holiday, Barnes and Sabonis.
This is probably the best lineup we can run with the current team but I think we gotta trade Barnes in the off-season. He’s good with Sabonis offensively but defensively it’s a terrible pairing

After watching last nights game it would nice to see Mitchell back in the starting lineup. If it was up to me I would go Fox, Mitchell, Holiday, Barnes and Sabonis.
Agreed.Kings are not getting much offense out of Harkless and need one spark plug on d.Mitchell fights trough screens well.That is the biggest issue with DS manning the middle.He can bang with bigs(Jokic did not abuse him in any way , neither did KAT) but if the guard allows his guy to drive to the basket with pace even if DS recovers he has no reach to block the shot.Mitchell is excellent at preventing those uncontested drives to the basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.