[Game] Kings vs. Mavericks (Vegas Summer League) Sunday August 15th, 12PM PT (3PM ET) ESPN2

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Oh snap, I didn’t realize they needed an 11 point win. I thought it was much less for some reason.

Lol this is peak Summer League ball.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
First announcer is doubling down. After watching Kuminga for 8 minutes, there is NO WAY he’d trade Kuminga for a guy like Simmons.

Kuminga has mad upside. These guys are gushing about him like he’s a sure fire great though.

Second announcer is actually wondering WTF he’s talking about at this point.

Last edited:
First announcer is doubling down. After watching Kuminga for 8 minutes, there is NO WAY he’d trade Kuminga for a guy like Simmons.

Kuminga has mad upside. These guys are gushing about him like he’s a sure fire great though.

Second announcer is actually wondering WTF he’s talking about at this point.
Of course he called Ben a top 5 player and half this board wouldn’t trade Fox for him so perhaps most on the board agree with John over Fran.

Yeah really sucks if we had traded Barnes we could have had Nesmith and Kuminga and Sengun. Would anyone make that trade now?
A couple things. First, we don’t know for sure that was on the table. There were rumors and lots of Boston guys throwing it out, but we don’t know if it was a real offer.

Second, and more importantly, saying the deal would’ve been Sengun, Kuminga, and Nesmith for Barnes is inaccurate. It would’ve been for Barnes and Mitchell. That is a HUGE difference. You’re talking about trading Fox because Mitchell and Hali can hold down the backcourt. Mitchell has that much potential. But you wouldn’t have Mitchell AND Kuminga in your scenario. You’d have one. So the trade was Nesmith, Sengun, and the choice between either Kuminga or Mitchell (instead of just taking Mitchell) for Barnes. I think that is not near enough value for Barnes.

Also, that doesn’t factor in what impact drafting Sengun has on Holmes. Not sure we retain Holmes with Sengun.

Also, moving Barnes would’ve created cap space. It is possible we panic and offer Holmes 4/64 with the cap space rather than 4/47 thst we were capped at.

And that doesn’t even consider that Nesmith just would’ve created another guard log jam.

So I’m cool with what we’ve got.